Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-26-21, 11:45 PM  
Elsie

Glad to read some super detailed reviews of Boss Bands here! Thanks. I think I will really like the lower body loop one!! My package of Boss Bands (2) dvds will arrive Sept 10th apparantly. So, not only was it far more expensive, but UPS is also 3 times slower than USPS-Canada Post. Although I'm sure Cathe Co. Will dig in their heels and claim this is IMPOSSIBLE!!! You see customer, longer durations through the mail is actually quicker when we worked it out.
T2B, have fun with your new Boss rotation!!

AMDe, doubt it's your laptop as I have gotten this mssg as well. Best of luck with it regardless.

Hey to everyone!

I am so relieved that the weather is finally changing a bit here. Since yesterday, I think all fires are now not out of control! Yay.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 11:09 AM  
AnMrsDe

Elsie, good to hear the fires are manageable. It's still hotter than h*ll here but is supposed to cool down next week.

T2B, I saw Cathe's Boss Band Low Impact rotation and thought it looked excellent!! Love to hear how you're going to like it.

Tammie, we hired a caregiver from an agency, but now I'm not sure it was the right decision? Unbeknowst to me (or my mom), they send a different person each day. Now granted, I was not present during the meeting of all this discussion of hiring this company. I assumed (as well as my mom) it would be the same lady daily. I guess my sister did know this info but didn't think it was an issue since one person shouldn't be expected to work 7 days a week. Hmm. OK, well then 1 lady for 5 days and another for the weekend! My mom has to relay the instructions each day how she wants things done and is getting exhausted with all the conversations. Sometimes I would think just doing the chores would be less taxing on her than explaining them!! And the other day, they sent a gal (she couldn't have been very old - 21 tops!) whom sat and read her phone a lot of the time. So, I'm not sure how this will work out. We may need to hire a private caregiver to assure it will be HER each day and one who is willing to actually HELP and get to know my parents! (We are trying this process out in their home; then we will proceed if we need to, by looking into 24/7 assisted-living facilities).

My mom did obtain an ID in place of her license, so all is well with that and a great reminder, thanks! Good luck with everything - I know it is very hard to go about these issues since you want the very best for them. I can't imagine how much harder it is for you and your sisters not living nearby.

Hope everyone stays COOL and enjoys their weekend!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 07:08 AM  
AnMrsDe

September thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231661

Have a great week!
Old 08-30-21, 09:43 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Tammie and AnMrsDe I’m sorry you’re both struggling with care for your parents. It’s really hard to ask the right questions and navigate their care and it’s hard for people to accept help too or leave their home. The worst part of being an adult for me was when my mom was declining. Only toward the end did we have hospice care and they were wonderful. I feel we really got lucky. Hugs to both of you!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 11:38 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
Tammie and AnMrsDe I’m sorry you’re both struggling with care for your parents. It’s really hard to ask the right questions and navigate their care and it’s hard for people to accept help too or leave their home. The worst part of being an adult for me was when my mom was declining. Only toward the end did we have hospice care and they were wonderful. I feel we really got lucky. Hugs to both of you!!!

Jane
Thx, Jane! I appreciate it!! At the end of the week last week, things did go smoother as my parents had the same lady they were accustomed to for most days including both weekend days. So all I needed to do was be patient. Now today it's a new one who my mom really is liking and she got some cleaning done etc., so I'm hoping she can come often!!
Old 08-30-21, 09:26 PM  
Tammie M

Jane, thank you. I appreciate your kind words and hugs. AnMrsDe, I'm glad things are improving with the caregivers. Hopefully, once a routine is established she will have a limited number of people and she can get to know them.

We just returned from a trip to visit our son and his wife. We have not seen them since the beginning of the pandemic. It was a fast trip but it was nice to see that they are happy and well.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 09:32 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Tonight I did Dance Off the Inches Hip Hop Party and one mile from Leslie Sansone's 5 Mega Miles. The smoke is super thick here again, so my allergies are nuts. I feel bad for my students who have asthma - they are really struggling
Tammie, I'm glad you got to see your kids
AnMrsDe, hugs to you. It is difficult to take care of your parents.
Elsie, we are getting smoke from the CA fires. It makes me sad.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts