Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-10-21, 03:08 PM  
fatkat555

I still have my VHS Firms...

Nope, I like streaming but I’m keeping my dvds. I also have many, many downloaded workouts on thumb drives.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 03:28 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I still have my VHS Firms...
I bought some vintage Jane Fonda on VHS just last fall. If my TV/VCR combo stops working, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do about some of my VHS. Not just workouts but some old movies, too.
Old 06-11-21, 12:20 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I live in Silicon Valley so internet connection is pretty good but I just hate having to "buy" (and not truly own) streaming stuff, especially if I already have it on DVD. And I also love the premixes on DVDs (I know KCM does or tries to include these in her streaming service but still I already have them!) I use YouTube selectively (Jessica Smith, some yoga, a few other oldies that have been uploaded which I don't have on DVD) and also podcasts (e.g. Eoin Finn).
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 05:14 AM  
Tanja

Currently, I am streaming a few things for rehab but I am keeping my DVDs. I have enough DVDs to last a lifetime and this is the most inexpensive and independent way to workout, in the long run.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 06:03 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanja View Post
Currently, I am streaming a few things for rehab but I am keeping my DVDs. I have enough DVDs to last a lifetime and this is the most inexpensive and independent way to workout, in the long run.
I agree. I stream only when I'm traveling for extended periods of time. I like owning my workouts, some of which are on DVD, some of which are mp4 videos.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 06:15 AM  
horsemom2

I am finding it so much easier to stream than use dvds that I have not used a dvd since 2019.
I do download my favorite routines so I can do them without buffering issues.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 06:59 AM  
ncl

I am doing a mixture of streaming and DVDs. Just looking at this week, I have done DVDs a lot. I probably use my Cathe DVDs the most. I love all the premixes and you don't get those with downloads. I also use Tracie Long DVDs a fair amount.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 07:08 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

It's getting to be time for me to get rid of my dvds. I never use them. It's just so easy to stream. I'd probably keep my Essentrics and Ellen dvds. That's probably it.

Streaming is so convenient and easy.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 08:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Still using DVDs but I've substantially streamlined and still am.

As soon as my library is accepting donations I'm bringing a pile that I can't seem to give away for SASE, probably every VF'er has had them at some point.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 11:56 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

You can't trade or sell streaming (as far as I know). You can't lend streaming to a curious VFer. You can't put streaming up in the Wish List, Request the Wealth or Share the Wealth threads.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup dvds, copy dvds, dvd software for laptop, dvds versus streaming, ripping dvds, streaming vs dvds