Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-20, 08:49 AM  
cecififi

Today I did P30 - High Impact Hiit workout. I loved it! It was so fun, challenging and doable. Go Cathe!
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 09:22 AM  
owltx

I have now been able to do every workout in Perfect 30 including the bonuses. Here are some thoughts.

Hiit I thought the Low Impact HIIT knocked it out of the park on this one. It got my heart rate up, a lot of fun moves, the repeats didn't drag and I thought the music was motivating (except for the warm-up). For me, I was wasn't as excited about the High Impact HIIT. It's possible it might grow on me. But it just wasn't there for me - definitely not on par with the STS or RWH HIITs. The pyramid bonus was okay - it didn't really get my heart rate up that much. It's possible it will be good in a premix, and I was excited that the premixes on this combined all the hiits in various ways. I missed the countdown clock and move alert on the screen with this one.

[B]Weights[B] This one definitely exceeded my expectations. I like both the upper and lower body workouts, and love the bonuses on both. Solid workouts, not too frantic of a pace and really felt the muscles on both workouts. I like the premix options on this one - the upper plus bonus combines them in a layered fashion so that you hit all moves for each body part at once, which is nice.

Mobility/Yoga For me, I agree with LoveVA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Mobility/Yoga: I approach every yoga workout that is not Ultimate Yogi as something that I will probably like but not love.
So, essentially this was the case. I will say I liked the Yoga more than the Mobility, which kind of surprised me. The stretch only premix was nice, and I like the hip opener section. I did like several of the moves from the Mobility.

Overall Cathe and team were great; Cathe was her usual encouraging self and gave some good form pointers in the weights. Set was bright and cheerful (I liked the plants on the side). The bonuses are great in this series - I *adore* the core bonus. The slow pace is fantastic, and is different enough that I will definitely keep this in my rotation for add on core. I love the extended stretch - and I hope this is something she keeps doing in future DVDs. I love having that option at the end and her extended stretches are great.
Old 11-05-20, 11:50 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Hiit I thought the Low Impact HIIT knocked it out of the park on this one. It got my heart rate up, a lot of fun moves, the repeats didn't drag and I thought the music was motivating (except for the warm-up).

[B]Weights[B] This one definitely exceeded my expectations. I like both the upper and lower body workouts, and love the bonuses on both.

Mobility/Yoga The stretch only premix was nice, and I like the hip opener section.

Overall I *adore* the core bonus. The slow pace is fantastic, and is different enough that I will definitely keep this in my rotation for add on core.
Thanks for the detailed review. These comments make me happy!!!

I'm recovering from a sinus infection, so I haven't been able to try the workouts. I previewed most of them though. I can't wait to try them!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 03:00 PM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiletha444 View Post
Thanks for the detailed review. These comments make me happy!!!
I'm recovering from a sinus infection, so I haven't been able to try the workouts. I previewed most of them though. I can't wait to try them!
Your welcome! I hope you feel better soon! Ugh on sinus infections.
Old 11-05-20, 04:10 PM  
Helen

Mine hit Sydney on Wednesday - hoping for a parcel when I get home today (Friday).
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 08:37 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Helen,

Your post and picture made me laugh! Hope you got your DVDs today!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 08:49 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Helen,

Your post and picture made me laugh! Hope you got your DVDs today!
Yes! Me too. I love Dug!
Old 11-08-20, 03:41 PM  
dianestjohn

I did Upper Body yesterday and while I like the workout, think it is sorta fun and effective, having to drag out the step, band, 3, 5, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, 35, whatever, and the fairly quick changes with the step topper on and off and then slanted and then back on and this weight and that weight....too much kerfuffle for me so I will probably give it away. I would love for Cathe (or somebody) to do a workout that, for example, starts with 20 lb dumbbells and we do back,, biceps, squats, lunges, then we take 15 lb dumbbells and do several body parts with that, etc. I guess this would not completely exhaust each muscle group all at once but I think it would be fun. And I renew my wish for Cathe to do a Firm-style AWT dvd with just 5 s or maybe 5s and 10s.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 03:53 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I did Upper Body yesterday and while I like the workout, think it is sorta fun and effective, having to drag out the step, band, 3, 5, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, 35, whatever, and the fairly quick changes with the step topper on and off and then slanted and then back on and this weight and that weight....too much kerfuffle for me so I will probably give it away. I would love for Cathe (or somebody) to do a workout that, for example, starts with 20 lb dumbbells and we do back,, biceps, squats, lunges, then we take 15 lb dumbbells and do several body parts with that, etc. I guess this would not completely exhaust each muscle group all at once but I think it would be fun. And I renew my wish for Cathe to do a Firm-style AWT dvd with just 5 s or maybe 5s and 10s.
I appreciate this review. You've saved me from my interest in this workout. I'd be annoyed with such an equipment-heavy DVD.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 05:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
....too much kerfuffle for me
Dianestjohn I LOVE your word!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, dumbbell size, heels elevated, mbf, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30, perfect30 reviews