Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-20, 02:55 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post

Also, when you purposely don't work out to the beat of the music, the music distracts me because I'm used to always working to a beat - and I prefer to.
She does this ALL THE TIME! I’ve never understood it. Why can’t you pick music that would be the same tempo?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 05:24 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I did notice in Giant Sets today that she doesn't work to the beat there either - or in many others. I guess that's okay. Maybe the music in Perfect Pump was distracting to me itself, versus not working out to the beat.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 07:22 PM  
cecififi

I tried the yoga workout today from Perfect30. I really enjoyed it. I will definitely reach for this again.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 07:33 PM  
angie_nrs

I did the Perfect 30 Upper Body with Core and Ext. stretch premix that was about 47 minutes.

As with most others, I liked the heavier weights with the lower reps. i matched most of the weights except the 35# for triceps.....nope, not me. I liked the newer moves and those for core too and was happy that it wasn't overly long. Cathe usually does at least 10 minutes on core, so I like just having a shorter core w/o. I don't know how long this one was, but I kinda wish she'd round out some workouts with just a 5 minute or so core finisher. Anyways......I do feel some back DOMS and my forearms are feeling it too.

I'm not crazy about the push ups or the tricep dips but other than that I liked all the exercises. I didn't notice the music again, except when she did moves not in sync with the music. I'm not a huge fan of that, but it didn't bother me too much. It moves pretty quickly, but it's not frantic and Cathe does take a few water breaks, which is nice.

Overall, I'm glad to have a heavy weight workout that is short! I will get a lot of use out of this one too!
Old 10-29-20, 08:34 AM  
laurajhawk

I did Lower Body and liked it MUCH more than I expected to, lol. Ahead of time I looked at my card for UB and saw that I ended up using about 2/3 of Cathe's weight most of the time so that's where I started from. There are a couple exercises where I'll increase it - she used a high step with 4 risers and I used my circuit step with 1, which was fine but I could go a little heavier. I liked the pace and the exercises. Happy with this one.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy

Last edited by laurajhawk; 10-30-20 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 02:50 PM  
angie_nrs

Lower Body

I did the Lower Body only today without any add ons since I was pressed for time. It was a solid workout. My legs and low back are most definitely feeling it! I matched Cathe's weight and am glad to now have another workout using my heavier dumbbells b/c they usually sit there unused unless I do 'slow and heavy'. However, I may try doing some of the exercises, like deadlifts, with a barbell in the future.

Going from exercise to exercise was a quick pace, but not frantic. I'll know better what to expect next time and also to have my mini step with 4 risers ready. The cueing at the beginning wasn't the best but I just added a rep at the end. She kinda just starts without saying anything and she doesn't match the first move with the beat like she usually does. She also doesn't match the beat with the rest of the moves either, but that didn't bother me. The music was pretty good and has been used before in one of Cathe's other series. I liked that Cathe also introduced a couple new moves that I really liked.

I took a peek at the LB and UB bonuses and if I added that on next time it would be about a 47 min. workout which is right in the sweet spot for me. The Total Body Express premix looks enticing as well. I'll have to try that one soon.
Still, with only a 30 minute workout, I'm certain I will be feeling it tomorrow b/c I'm already feeling it today.

I love this disc and will be getting LOTS of use out of it. I'm so happy to have another heavy weight workout! Woohoooo!
Old 11-01-20, 11:04 AM  
angie_nrs

High Impact Hiit

I did High Impact HiiT this morning. Wow! This one got the sweat rollin' for sure. Honestly though, I prefer her other HiiT workouts with the timer in the corner. I wish she would have done that with this one. Her queing is awful on this! I guess I'll have to do it a few times in order to get everything down.

I didn't mind the burpees, but it felt like it was heavy on jumping jacks, which I really don't like. I subbed exercises for the jacks b/c at my age, the bladder has a problem with jacks. I liked the different moves and I will likely get some good use out of this. I would say it's harder than 30/30 and DWP but not as hard as 40/20.

When I was done with this, I felt zero need to add anything on to this one in order to feel worked out for the day. I wanted a good sweat in 30 minutes and Cathe definitely provided that with this workout.
Old 11-01-20, 12:32 PM  
laurajhawk

I wasn't planning to do High Impact anytime soon but I like jumping jacks! Might change my mind. Thanks Angie!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 07:59 AM  
Rhonda

I wasn't planning on doing Low Impact Hiit, but did it Saturday and enjoyed it. Time went by quickly, and was very doable. I know I won't touch the High Impact one as I don't like all that jumping.

Not sure where the LowImpact Hiit fits into my rotation but it will be one I will do again.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 09:01 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Why can’t you pick music that would be the same tempo?
Cathe used custom music to match the tempo in her STS series. I thought I would like it, but not so much... I hate the STS music! I'd rather have regular music and lift off beat. But that's just me..
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, dumbbell size, heels elevated, mbf, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30, perfect30 reviews