Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-06, 09:24 AM  
janetb
VF Supporter

Calling all SE Michigan VFers...Get-together on 3/25

I've mentioned several times that I wanted to host a VF get-together, to get to know my new vidiot neighbors in Michigan (I moved last summer from Indiana). So now is the time to start planning it. I'd like to do it in March--any weekend except the 1st one should work out. I'm favoring Sunday 3/26, but 3/19, and 3/12 are also good. I could also probably do those Saturdays too, if that's what works better for everyone else. We don't have to settle the date too far in advanced -- I just need to give the family enough warning so that they could make plans to go out. (Somehow, I just don't think hanging arould a bunch of women discussing fitness/videos is their idea of a good time!) So we don't really have to settle on a date until late Feb., unless you would prefer that I set a date earlier. Again, I'm very flexible.

Someone else could host this video party if they really wanted to. But I'm offering my home and think it's particularly great for this party--centrally located between Ann Arbor and Detroit (in Plymouth), plenty of free easy parking, and my family room is absolutely enormous. I can't promise you it's going to be a clean and organized house--that would depend on how much energy I have to housekeep -- I've been pretty fatigued in this prenancy. It's going to be much harder to host a VF get-together after this baby is born, so now is the time to take advantage of my offer!

I already started a thread about a get-together in Dec in the News and Events Forum:
Any interest in a SE Michigan get together?

Eventually, I'd like to bring the discussion there, when we get into planning the details. I've figured out who some of my Michigan neighbors are, but I know there are others here I haven't met online -- so please ID yourself! Lurkers are welcome to come, too -- so don't be shy. It's a great way to preview many fitness videos, share about equipment (you can check out my bosu, door gym for pullups, Smartbells, among others), and just have fun!

Janet
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-06, 10:03 AM  
Rhonda

Hi Janet,
Sounds like fun. I prefer Saturdays as Sunday is my total be lazy don't do anything day

But what ever everyone elses suggests. Right now I am pretty open for March and would like to me other VFers also.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-06, 11:45 AM  
mkauppil

Janet -

This sounds really fun. Thanks for offering to host it at your house. Right now, my March weekends are all clear. I don't even think my DH and kids would be too surprised if I told them I would be taking off to spend some time chatting about exercise videos and equipment. I'm so excited to check out your door gym for pull-ups!!!!

Michelle
mkauppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 05:28 PM  
janetb
VF Supporter

It's official!

I've decided to host a VF get-together 1-week from today -- March 25, Sat., from 1pm-??. You can stay as long as you like until about 6pm (or so), when the family will want the home back to normal. I know many of you probably have stuff planned that day, just drop by whenever you can.

I will follow up later tonight with more details on the VF News and Event thread (I've got to find it, first, it's buried somewhere!), but I thought I should give this brief update, since it's coming up so soon!

Janet
Old 03-18-06, 05:38 PM  
pollytc

Hi there. I'm in SE Michigan too, and though I would love to meet others, I cannot get together that day. :-( That being said, perhaps sometime mid-spring we can all meet for lunch or something and then meet every six months or so after that! That would be soooo kewl!! :-)
Old 03-18-06, 05:50 PM  
hannahsmom

I'd like to come too. Any weekend in March so far I'm free. I have a few things going on already in April but nothing yet in March.
hannahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 08:53 PM  
izzyp

Im a Michigan girl myself. I live in the Macomb County. I think we should plan of some kind of organized get together. Im must see with my own eyes, that people exist like myself. To think someone else breaks out in a cold sweat when you walk by the fitness isle, or video isle. Let's do it.
izzyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 11:39 PM  
janetb
VF Supporter

It's officially March 25 now

I just posted several threads (in the News and Events forum) with more info, for those interested:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showpo...7&postcount=10

Again be sure to email me at janetb@umich.edu, if you are interested.

Could you SE Michiganers do me a favor:
Someone just reply to this thread with any type of response. Like once each day would be nice, just to "bump" this thread up to the top. Otherwise, this thread gets buried on GD very quickly, and those who come to VF less frequently may know nothing about a local get-together.

I guess I know that many of you are out there somewhere (Detroit/Ann Arbor people), I just need you to post here so I can figure out who you are! I'm new to area, so I really don't know who you are yet.

Janet
Old 03-20-06, 09:04 AM  
janetb
VF Supporter

Bumping this thread myself...

I figured many of you don't make it to VF on the weekends, and these threads get buried quickly on GD if they don't get replies.

I want to make sure everyone knows I'm having a VF get-together this Sat. afternoon (1-6?), March 25, at my house in Plymouth MI. Again, email me at janetb@umich.edu if you are interested. I will eventually email everyone who has sent me an email my address and telephone and other relavant details.

See the VF News and Events forum for more details.

Janet

Tags
vf get-together