Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-24, 12:33 PM  
YogaGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I actually do prefer working out in the morning, but by "morning" I mean weekend/off day when I laze around for a bit, have some coffee, and then finally exercise around 11 a.m. (my weekend showers are frequently in the afternoons, LOL).
This is me too! I love relaxing with coffee after getting up. Then if I get busy doing a few things around the house before I workout, I get hungry and need to eat a bite. Then I have to wait at least 30 minutes to an hour before I exercise. Occasionally, my yoga practices with "morning" in the title are done around 1 or 2 pm.
Old 02-21-24, 01:06 PM  
YogaGal

Sandra: Thinking about you this morning and hoping all is going well at your pre-op appointment.

Gale: Glad your crown situation worked out well; you are lucky to be able to get it all done in one day; it’s been two weeks for me with my temporary crown, and I have up to a week until I get my permanent one.

Paine: My DH does like to walk, but he walks faster when he’s not walking with me. Occasionally, he likes to go on longer and faster bike rides on his own for a more intense workout. We don’t bike too fast when we go together. LOL at wanted your yoga teacher to shut up. You’d think that especially for a yin practice, they would give you a lot of quiet time.

Beth: Oh no about that gas leak! Hope there are no more “surprises” the rest of the week while your boss is gone.

cyana: I agree that the “slow and steady approach” for exercise – strength or cardio – works best. One caveat about working part time/fewer hours at your current job. You might be asked if you’re able/interested in tasks beyond your normal hours; then you have to determine what you will say “yes” to and what you will politely decline (and not feel guilty about).
Old 02-21-24, 01:10 PM  
YogaGal

Monday:
Roxanne’s 20-Min UPPER Body Kettlebell Workout for Strength AND
Sarah Beth’s 5-minute Morning Yoga Stretch for Strength & Flexibility. This short practice had some balance work which I was not too good at on Monday.

Tuesday:
KCM’s “Lower Body Shop” premix from her dvd Body Shop AND
Yoga with Kassandra’s newest video: 10-min Gentle Morning Yoga for Beginners. I really enjoyed this one because it had good hip and hamstring stretches and then finished with some quick neck stretches and twists.

Might go for a walk with DH this afternoon.
Old 02-21-24, 02:29 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sandra, thinking of you today and sending positive thoughts!

Carolyn, thanks for reporting on Kassandra's new one. I wasn't sure if it would be flow-y. Have you tried her latest longer yin routine yet? I enjoyed it.

Cyana, thank you for the physio recommend. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Beth, I hope the gas leak is resolved!

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-24, 03:23 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Thanks for all your good wishes re my pre-op appointment this morning. It went very well! The doctor covered a few basic points but basically this was my opportunity to ask him questions. I did ask about how long joint replacements last, and he replied that thanks to better plastics my new right knee should last 20 years or more. Of course I asked him about my left knee, and even joked that I was wondering if we could just change the operation to that knee. He replied that even though the condition of my right knee clearly indicated that a joint replacement was warranted, that did *not* mean the issues in my left knee would also be solved by one! Had never thought about that, but the symptoms do differ. Basically we agreed to revisit the question at my post-op visit. Finally, I got a lovely parting gift -- a box with antiseptic wipes (to be used on the surgery site after bathing the night before) and a carbohydrate drink ("breakfast" for the morning of surgery).

Haven't decided what kind of workout is on tap for today, except I think I need a really thorough stretching routine.

Beth: Yikes on the gas leak!

Gale: Glad you dodged a bullet on that crown.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-24, 08:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, glad I'm not the only "morning" exerciser for whom that sometimes means noon.

We got notification that they "turned the gas off" around 2 p.m. yesterday - wouldn't that be the first thing you would do? Apparently the gas smell was quite strong in our building, so I'm glad I wasn't there. A number of people had symptoms and went home early, but nothing that didn't clear up.

Yesterday I did some short Pilates and yoga after teaching my weekly yoga class. Tonight I did some foam rolling, the upper body segment from 30 Minutes to Fitness Body Design, and a cool yoga routine from Allison Ray Jeraci. I signed up for her free 5-day prop challenge and jumped in today with Day 3, "Strap Soiree."

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-24, 08:13 AM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
The Yin Yoga practice I did this morning was nice. Sarah Powers has a pleasant, gentle voice but she talked too much and I just wanted her to shut up.
LOL, Paine! I got a kick out of that comment.

Beth - Good thing you were working from home on "gas day". I would imagine you could've ended up with a massive migraine from the fumes.

Carolyn - Working extra hours is something I'd definitely have to address on the front end if I decide to go the part-time route. Since I'm salaried, there's an unwritten expectation that you work as long as needed.

Sandra - I was curious whether you'd have to do any sort of antiseptic bath before surgery. Not sure how I'd fare with the "carbohydrate breakfast drink".

HT Physio posted this video yesterday and it definitely applies to me - quad dominance. It's 12 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZjL65RCI4

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-24, 08:47 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, yes, I was thinking the same thing - I'm generally pretty illness-resistant, but the smell might have set me off.

I'm sure I have quad dominance too!

Happy Thursday all. (and just 1 more work day after today without my boss, haha)

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-23-24, 01:50 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Wow, that 503 error shut us down all day! I finally got on but then got more server busy messages so I’ll be brief.

Just popping in to say hello!

Cyana - Very good video! When I saw the kinesiologist 2 years ago for my hip she had me working on glute strength and it has helped me immensely.

We are packing up and heading south for 5 weeks, back in early April.
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-24, 08:36 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

TGIF! Looks like I was one of the few who got in yesterday. Glad VF is back today.

Yesterday I did a Trifecta Pilates routine, a glute activation routine from Caroline Jordan, and Allison Ray Jeraci's "Bolster Bash."

Follow me @YogiBethC