Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-14-22, 09:08 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Cardio Core - 15min. To loosen up before I did PBL.
PBL Booty Band Glute - 26min.
PBL Ultimate Flexibility Hip Stretch - 25min.

Lisa's Booty Band Glute just about killed me! I had to follow it up with a good stretch so I did the Hip Stretch which was absolutely terrific!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend! Waves to all!
Old 08-14-22, 07:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout again today. I tested negative again, but I'm still sick with all the same symptoms: low grade fever, headache, fatigue, dry cough, congestion, tightness in my chest. I'm ready to be well, or at least ready to know what I have.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 09:05 PM  
donnamp

oh gosh, Carol, sorry you are still sick....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 06:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Well, I wanted to do some kind of movement and it was a little too hot for me to get out and walk, so I did

Senior Shape - Pilates Stretch & Strengthen Resistance Band Workout - 30 minutes (I quit at about the 23 minute mark)

This was a nice workout with lots of stretchy goodness. When she moved to all 4s, I decided I was done for the day.

Still coughing and not feeling the greatest.

Carol
Old 08-15-22, 07:35 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I am on a staycation this week so a little off my usual schedule.

On Sunday I did another of the Self Magazine workouts this one was a kickboxing/toning workout w/ Violet Zaki. it was filmed at the same location as Ellen's workout. It was one of those workouts that back in the day, when it first came out, I would have deemed it for a "light" day - but now, it was actually challenging enough to be a regular day! LOL!

Today, something came over me and I signed up for Get Fit with Rick's Body Combat program. It is a combo of kickboxing and walking. Today, I paired it with Man Flow Yoga's strength foundations program, Day # 1. I signed up for the Man Flow Yoga for $9 for the challenge - he allows you to "rent" challenges like Lisa from Pilates by Lisa. I like that feature. You also don't have to do anything to cancel it - it just ends - if you want to subscribe you have to actively subscribe. So it is nice not to have to worry about canceling something. Get Fit with Rick, I need to remember to cancel though.

I don't know what came over me - I guess the desire for a change of pace!

Carol - I'm sorry you are still feeling sick. It is good that you exercised a little bit though.

Waves, everyone,

Donna
Old 08-16-22, 08:07 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

WLR 2 Fast Miles - 33min
PBL Total Core - 15min

Great core workout as usual. Lisa's workouts are some of the most challenging I've ever done, but nothing makes me feel so pulled in after I'm done with them. I am really enjoying this challenge and PBL.

I have to run to the office this morning, so I'll check back later. Waves to all!
Old 08-16-22, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was back to the Self Magazine workouts...these are from the early 2000's....nice scenery outdoors.

Self - Dance Your Way Thin w/ Kimberly Spreen - this was not too dancey - more like dance inspired aerobics. There was some impact, but it was easy to leave out. Nice for a steady state cardio day.

Jessica Valent - Basic Full Body Stretch Routine - her latest stretching video.

Hope you are feeling at least a little better, Carol.

Dana - glad you are enjoying PBL!

Hope everyone has a nice day...

Donna
Old 08-17-22, 05:50 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Ladies,

I think I am better this morning! We will see how the day goes, and depending on how I feel this afternoon, I might try some kind of workout. Today is officially our first day of school. I'm not sure where the summer went.

Donna - Hope you are enjoying your staycation! You've been getting a nice variation of workouts in.

Dana - Yes, Lisa is very tough! And so pleasant sounding while she kills you.

Carol
Old 08-17-22, 08:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still on the Self Magazine workout kick - these will be nice to do in the winter when you need some bright scenery to look at.

Today was-

Self - Trim & Tone Fast DVD - w/ Kimberly Spreen. This was set up like a 10 Min Solution workout w/ different segments (probably 5-10 min in length). The segments were:

- warm-up
- Legs
- Back
- Arms & Shoulders
- Chest
- Core
- Total Body
- Cool down

I would say it was more upper body focused than lower and more focused on endurance - so high rep/lower weight.

The total body segment was one that was tricky and included some type of movements that I know are not good for me - like doing a front raise w/ a squat. I ended up using no weights for this section and that worked fine. I think I could do it in the future w/ some light wrist weights but I would go heavy on it b/c it just wouldn't work for me. I think the Total Body segment done w/ light wrist weights would make for a good first segment to warm up. I also skipped through some of the core work - certain core moves on the floor just don't work for me either. I prefer to do standing abs these days and maybe some stabilization stuff on the floor but very limited crunches and roll up type moves.

I am not sure, but i think the DVD is programmable to play in the order you choose, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, it is nice getting through some of these oldies!

Carol - Yay, I'm glad you are feeling better.

Take care!!

Donna
Old 08-18-22, 05:48 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout yesterday, but I am feeling much, much better. Still a bit of the cough at times, but the other symptoms, except for a little tiredness and a bit of a headache, seem to have resolved. Hopefully I'll get a mat workout in tonight before I take Bonnie to her first "barn hunt" class. I think she will love the class - she spends much of her day "hunting" in the yard - but she may love it so much that she goes crazy.

Carol