Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-22, 12:41 AM  
Helen

Every Day in FEBRUARY - all welcome - ALWAYS!

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Daily posts - not manditory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen
If a HERD moves in, we bring out the whip to move it along.

If you're checkin-hunting because you were motivated for a new year and concerned that the first month has already slipped away,
then JOIN US on the CHALLENGE of being expected to do something EVERY DAY! It may be the consistency push you need.
NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

** WINTER TIP: Movement keeps you warm without burning fossil fuels. **
** SUMMER TIP: Just the slightest breeze on sweaty skin feels wonderfully cool.**

Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 05:22 AM  
Helen

Oh YES! I have begun BIG.

45min, dog walk - rain sent us home
74min, Cathe - Intensity Series - Imax Extreme
Yes, did it AGAIN - all at once, and it wasn't tragic.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-01-22, 05:38 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

And ....

You didn't die!!!

Had to get my arrow ... so thought it appropriate to comment.

Thanks as always for starting us off. I obviously need more coffee as I kept staring at the winter one where she jumped over the puddle. I watched it over and over and over again?!?

Ok, got my arrow. Off to exercise.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 06:04 AM  
Helen

Tuesday 2nd (checking in Tue evening since I can't make the mornings any more without rising a 6:30 and we KNOW that isn't happening!)

45min, Tom Holland - Supreme 90 - Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps
30min, dog walk (light rain/mist)
53min, Les Mills - Body Jam 55

Oh, for interest, in Australia & New Zealand, we pronounce it LeZ MillZ (same sound on the end - the z - and we call it zed, not zee), and Leslie (as in Sansone) would be pronounced as LeZlie. Sounded so weird when on a video someone called her LESS - ly - I've never heard anyone called LESS-ly before.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.

Last edited by Helen; 02-02-22 at 04:38 PM. Reason: type - had 54min for Tom, instead of 45
Old 02-02-22, 09:46 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Thank you for the wonderful start! Love the graphics! And thanks for the pronunciation lesson. Looks like you got your mojo back in a big way!
Cleda - I am so ready for this StepBet to be OVER! I should probably cash out my account when this ends so that I won't be as tempted to do another.

2/1 - dog walk
Firm's Ultimate Fat Burning Workout
The 10-11 minute rebounding w/o that Cleda linked (liked it alot and kept up with most of it.
Rebounding and walking on the treadmill to finish my steps.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-22, 05:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

Helen: Just so you know: I pronounce both of those things (Les Mills and Leslie) the same way you do. So maybe you sound more New Jerseyian! LOL!!!

Lili: Cash out! Cash out! and stop wearing the fitbit for awhile and THEN go back to redo one. Or be more sedentary or don't wear it while cycling and rowing and the step count goes lower. tee-hee. I am not as resentful of this one. But think of you often. I did have to hop on the rebounder last night for a quick 1200 steps and was so glad it wasn't more than that.

On to me, me and all me for my first February check in:

2/1/2022: 20 mins. Conditioning Row with Sera Moon (enjoyed it! but not crazily so)., Sam Yo 30 mins. Low Impact ride (I was tired!) I think I did a rebounding workout of the new you tube guy, but not certain.

2/2/2022: rowed 30 mins. (forget with who) and then did 30 mins. Emma New Years ride .. (Year of the tiger?) I think! Rebounder for 10 mins. at night to get those steps in!

I wanted to do a pz ride yesterday, but somehow ran out of time. so I didn't. I'll do one this a.m. before work.

Bad, bad weather on it's way (rain turning to freezing rain to ice). YUCK. Need to prepare.

Strength program is done. (Thank goodness). I feel stronger. I did NOT take the strength test at the end. I don't like the way Peloton does it's programs. They unlock on a certain day and you MUST complete them (in order) by the next week or you don't get proper credit. Luckily - I was ok and only had skipped one class, so I still got credit. BUT when I went back to do the strength test (15 mins.) on day #8 when technically the program was over? It showed it completed . Actually? That was ok by me. I didn't want to take the test anyway and luckily got credit for the whole program. After persevering through the same warm ups and cool downs for 6 weeks (4x a week) I'dda been MAD if I didn't get a completion for the program. But it's done.

The Hydrow one is 4 days a week, minimum 15 mins. (ANY) Hydrow workout. (for 4 weeks) So I can do stretch, flexibility, row, whatever to meet the 15 mins. That's a good thing. (Commit to fitness badge.) Glad I got talking to Daphne cuz I THOUGHT it was 20 mins. This makes it seem so much easier. Stupid I know as it's only 5 minutes ... but still.

Lili - would you like to ride an outdoor century with me.??? (or anyone reading this??? Lurkers? Anyone???) I'm doing a Maine Lighthouse tour in the fall. I signed up for 100 miles. I'm sure I'll be fine. But, so far? No one I know is doing it. I'll be solo. Should be interesting. . . But I haven't done an outdoor century in years and I want to get the road bike out and start being outdoors. This will be good as I can train throughout the summer.

Ok, gotta go workout ....
Cleda
Old 02-03-22, 08:39 AM  
Vantreesta

Cleda, your Maine Lighthouse tour sounds amazing! Maine is on my bucket list to visit, but probably not till hubby retires. Hope you find someone to do it with you!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-22, 11:47 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - a century ride in Maine sounds beautiful, but it also sounds like killer hills! I'll have to get back to you on that one. Let me see if my bike makes it off the rack this summer for starters. The spin bike is great, but not the same.
Even hubby is helping me plan my last 3 days of this Stepbet! We have been diligent about walking the dogs because that's 3000 steps! When I signed up, I also renewed my membership to the trail club, thinking I would do 1-2 hikes a week with them. But this winter has been colder than normal, and I have not been up for hiking. I don't get many steps for spinning, maybe 500 for a 30 min. ride, so I haven't been on my bike since this started.

2/2 - dog walk
Tae Bo Cardio Circuit 1
2 miles from Jessica's 5 Mile Mix & Match

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-22, 11:37 PM  
Helen

Friday after work

CLEDA
• 100 mile bike ride ?!? Sounds like a pain in the bum (and I mean that quite literally!) It would be SO cool if Lili could join you though - but I'd be SUPER jealous ! but of the in-person meeting (and HEARING you!), rather than the ride.
• I'm went to YouTube to listen to a New Jersey accent - some things similar, others quite different.
• Glad you feel stronger - it'd be a bummer if you didn't after doing the whole programme. :/

LILI
I don't blame you at ALL for not wanting to go hiking in the cold when it's been SO cold - not even close to enjoyable.

ME
Just looked down thread to see what I last logged - what!?! nothing since Tuesday ?! and it's Friday ?! I have been checking in at work in the morning, but obviously haven't hit SUBMIT - maybe hit 'Preview Post' and not realise I didn't then 'Submit'. Blast!! Honestly thought I hadn't missed a single day.

So, I've been GREAT!! Really stepped up for Feb - as soon as I get home from work, change clothes so I'm dressed already.

Wednesday
45min, Tom Holland - Supreme 90 - Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps
30min, dog walk shorter, as rain sent us home.
53min, Les Mills - Body Jam 55

Tom's workout was quite boring, but had sore triceps the next day - obviously needed to go heavier on the chest & shoulders.
Body Jam 55 was ok, but these have never been my 'thing'. I just do them because I have them, & they're virgins. Ooooollllld virgins.

Thursday
30min, dog walk, rain sent us home early again.
69min, Cathe - Intensity Series - Terminator - Gauntlet
Yes, did it AGAIN, as I wasn't satisfied having done it pieces before. Did it all together. Not that bad! The final cardio was quite tough (by then) and was glad when the stretch came next.

To finish this Chrono mission by the time I turn 60, it'll need to be one every second day from now on - because I stalled on Terminator for so long (and STILL haven't done Viper yet, but having NOW done the others 'properly' it holds less dread.)

Still raining - been absolutely TEEMING throughout the day. I'll have to try to catch a break to get Alice out this afternoon. DH will be going back to the farm tomorrow - which is when Kathryn is back. She's just Sat-Mon nowadays, so I'll need to get Viper in BEFORE what we do together (note to self!!!).

Shall probably ETA with whatever I do tonight.
ETA
45min, dog walk
28min, BJ Gaddour - Men's Health - Delat Fit - HEAT Sweat & stretch
15min, Tony Horton - P90 One-on-One - Apres Ski Stretch

• dog walk - caught a lovely break in the rain
• BJ Gaddour - 1min cardio, 1min foam rolling, round of each
• Tony - just a stretch

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-04-22, 06:55 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just figured I'd throw it out there

Lili: I'm sure there will be some hills. (they describe it as some short steep hills and some longer - forget what they say - gradual long hills? or something like that.) Hills don't worry me (usually!) And a lot will be along the shoreline. I should try and see if I can find a topgraphic map of the ride. I'm sure there's one somewhere! That would be awesome if you joined me. . . Think about it. I need goals (obviously!)

Vantreesta: So nice to see you pop in. I have a lot of bucket list rides to do.

Helen: 100 miles used to be my ride of choice when I did organized rides. Or multi-day events where we would do 60-100 miles every day for 3-5 days depending on the ride. So that part, doesn't scare me. (maybe it should!) tee-hee ..... I also think the New Jersey accent you heard on you tube would probably NOT be what we all sound like. It's probably more Jersey City and quite a bit exaggerated. But not sure. (should go check!) People tell me I sound JUST LIKE MY POSTS ... if you can imagine that!

So, while I'm here ~ on to me, me and all me: (Luckily - I'm not as far behind as I thought I was!) YAY ME.

2/3/2022: 45 mins. Ben Alldis Power zone Ride (Not quite a Max ride, but still zones 4, 5 & 6) 15 mins. Peter Donaho mobility workout from Hydrow

Daphne had recommended this mobility workout. As I began to do it, I realized that ... OH NO -- it was doing some of the same exercises as Andy Speer's WARM UP that I did for 6 weeks. tee-hee. Joke's on me. So I guess it just means that they are definitely good mobility exercises. (and it is one that feels good, so I won't complain. I just thought it was funny!)

I'm off to get my workout in as they are calling for ice (hoping it's not as bad as they say) but I would like all challenge workouts for this week to be done. We'll see time wise and energy wise how I feel. Ice could bring down the power lines. . . and then I'm stuck.

Gotta run.
waves to all.
Cleda