Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-26-22, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

To increase motivation, I went back to Jessica's Spring Ahead Schedule and picked up at Week #3. I did Week #2 in theory - in that I did workouts that fit the theme, but they were not always the exact workout listed. Sometimes doing rotations that way helps, too. I may do the same with Week # 3, but at least it gives me a structure to follow so I'm not wondering what to do!

Anyway, today was:

Jessica - 30 Min Flat Blaster Walk from the 30 Day Set

Pilates Nest - Pilates for Posture (You Tube) this was in lieu of Jessica's Posture workout or Healthy Back Bonus workout...

It was nice to do something from the Pilates Nest channel. I'm happy to see that she is actively posting there.

Diane - I have to workout first thing too, otherwise it would not get done. Even if I just stretch or do something quick it puts me in a better frame of mind for the day.

Glad you were able to get out Summer Breeze!

Waves, everyone - I will get some Essentrics in later as it has been a few days...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 08:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Valent - 30 Min Full Body Workout w/ Weights - this was the full length version of the video she released on You Tube Monday. It was straightforward weight work. Just what I need, honestly.....

Jessica Valent - 5 Min Back and Hip Stretches

Hope everyone has a good day! Sun is shining here although it got cold again

Pat - how are you feeling?

Donna
Old 04-27-22, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

Pahla B Weight Loss Sculpt

This was Pahla's new weight workout so I thought I would give it a try. I liked it and it didn't seem to tweak anything in my back thankfully. I thought it might with those side leg lifts she does and I felt a twinge while doing them but today seems ok. It's been kind of gray the past few days and I haven't felt motivated to get outside and walk. Maybe today even though it is windy and chilly out.

DONNA, nice workouts especially the Jessica Valent weight workout. Sounds like a good one.

DIANE, glad the early workouts seem to be working out for you.

PAT, hope all is well.

Waves to PAM.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 12:20 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Thanks for thinking of me! Another one behind me!

I've been SO lazy. All those plans I had for hands free workouts fell by the wayside, though I did have a little cardio at the gym and several walks. I fell down the reading rabbit hole for sure.

I have to stop typing - be well, see you all again soon!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 03:08 PM  
amoodygirl

I cannot get in - this is a test - keep getting 500 internal server error.

Good morning!

Well, my plan is working. Coffee, quick check of email and then workout. Today was:

Cathe Step workout
BE - now I can't remember which one it was but I selected all lower body for today
Pushups then Tamilee's Holiday Workout - tricep extensions
Yoga with Bird - quick 5 minute stretch
Gymbox Abs

Sorry no personals because it won't let me!!!! I had to do these in pieces. Frustrating!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane

Last edited by amoodygirl; 04-27-22 at 03:11 PM. Reason: 500 Internal Server Error
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 09:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

32 minute outdoor walk

It was chilly and blustery yesterday, felt like winter outside. Ugh. I hear the wind howling today again too so not sure if I'll walk again. I want spring, dammit!! LOL.

PAT, glad you're recovering well and enjoying some good reading!!

DIANE, another good workout day. I find if I access VF through the individual forums, such as General Discussion or Challenges & Check-ins, there's not a problem with the error message. PS -- Maybe you're having a different problem. I was thinking of the GD discussion with people having trouble logging on to VF. NVM. lol

Waves to DONNA & PAM.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 09:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

BodyKindFitness (You Tube) - 5,000 Steps in 30 Min - this is one of those styles of workouts that has become popular on You Tube recently - no talking, visual cues, music. It was nice for a change of pace. It was also filmed outdoors by a lake. I can go either way on the no-talking thing - obviously, since I did Pahla B for awhile, talking doesn't bother me, LOL! But sometimes it is nice to have just the music to listen to. Anyway, Hailey, the instructor has a number of "walking" style workouts on her channel that seem to feature no talking and outdoor settings.

I added on Pilates Nest - Pilates for tight hips

Yesterday I ended up doing a bunch of add-ons.

Gina B's Motown walk, a quick leg workout and arm workout and a dog walk.

It is pretty darn cold outside for almost the beginning of May!

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 04-28-22, 10:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, I haven't gotten restarted yet, just popping in to say hello and get motivated.

Donna, it looks like you found some new YT channels. BodyKindFitness sounds interesting. Kassandra said she's going to add some non-verbal practices, too. Not sure I want to keep watching the screen for yoga, though.

Summer Breeze it was very chilly! �� I was going to go from doctor to beach but the wind was cuckoo. I think you are onto something with the 501 problem - the other day the "new posts" function wasn't even working. I get so scared that VF went away when these things happen.

Diane - thank you for that eye opener about New Mexico. Well if I'm going to be taxed to death then I'll just stay right here in SECT with my beaches and family. That's so uncanny - my niece and I went to see a psychic on Tuesday morning and she told me out of the blue that if I do retire in NM, economically I will never be able to return to CT. Hmm! I hadn't mentioned NM or retirement.

Good morning to Pam!
Old 04-28-22, 10:11 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Well, hopefully the forum will let me post completely. I have been going through individual forums and, when I got to the personals, it kept giving me an error. I'm not terribly techy but there's something wrong here!

Anyway - today's workout:
Gymbox Abs, BE Inner Thigh segments (2), followed by Cathe Total Body Stretch

Today, on the Cathe rotation I'm following, is a rest day but I needed something more than just stretching or yoga.

Summer Breeze: It doesn't seem to matter which way I try to get to the forum - I'm still getting the error message. Fingers crossed this will post!

Donna: It's freezing here today too! I walked to my neighbor's house this morning and left my gloves at home - big regret! I was frozen over just walking two blocks! I expect suddenly to be hit with 80 degree weather and skipping spring all together!

Pat: Wow!!!! Amazing about the psychic. I saw a psychic many moons ago in San Diego and the things she told me freaked me out! She was spot on and my friend and I made appointments using fake names, etc. My second psychic reading, in CT (Rocky Hill) was just as spot on. I'm looking for someone here. Don't tell my husband - he already thinks I'm cracked!

Waves to Pam!!!! Have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 09:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I'm finishing up the week with two days' vacation devoted to just enjoying the days off. I got back on the wagon yesterday:

~ LWR Walk Fit Challenge W4D7
~ Kassandra's newer 15 minute after work yoga
~ Bird's new 10 minute morning yoga for beginners

I finished Lucy's Walk Fit challenge in just under two months. Both yoga practices were nice - Kassandra's was nice gentle stretches and Bird's was also sweet, with beautiful music.

Diane, my DH has become pretty accepting of my woo woo, tinfoil explorations. That sucks about The Dreaded 501 bullying you and I hope it quits.

Hoping Pam is having fun. Waves to all!

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga