Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-17-22, 09:34 PM  
gigi

I won't be doing that particular Penny Barnshall workout! No workout yesterday. Today I did a CDorner Fitness cardio workout I've had in my queue for a while. She had the music turned up so her talking and counting was less annoying. It was a really fun workout: All Standing Cardio Low Impact. I followed that up with Iron Series Day 10: Back & Biceps. The first time I attempted Iron Series I only made it through day 8. I start week 3 tomorrow!
Old 06-18-22, 06:54 PM  
gigi

I did the Warm Up of 10 Minute Sweaty HiiT X Cardio by fitness_kaykay. I intended to come back and to the HiiT portion as a finisher to Iron Day 11 Legs but iron was plenty today. I did the CD though. My lower legs and feet are getting stronger and I'm improving on lunges. Yay! I am much more focused on form, abs in, when leaning forward, chest out, shoulders not rounded, and making sure that I'm not scrunching my toes. I used the yoga block for the first time during lunges. The last two finisher exercises I dropped the yoga block as I felt it more doing it on the floor. I did not use weights for the calf exercises. My body weight is plenty for now.

Where did all our check-in peeps go?????
Old 06-19-22, 05:11 PM  
wendug

Angela- I think you and I are the only ones left in this check-in.
I knew with following CG and her iron series you would get stronger on your lunges and lower legs. Yay!

Yesterday was a yard work day. I mowed and pulled SO MANY WEEDS. They grow so fast! Today I did DC Fitt- 40 minute total body shred strength & cardio. I'm loving her workouts. They are tough, but don't leave me feeling drained. After doing her workouts, I think I like burpees better than mountain climbers. I'm not sure what it is about mountain climbers, but I really dislike them (but I do them anyway begrudgingly.)
Old 06-19-22, 09:28 PM  
gigi

Wendy, there are so many exercises that I do begrudgingly . I did the step portion of CDorner Fitness 20/20/20. After Iron Series Day 12: Chest & Back, I did the stretch from 20/20/20. I like that format. 20 minutes of step, 20 minutes of kickboxin (which I did not do todya), and 20 minutes of stretching. On an active rest day I will do the entire workout. It's a good one.
Old 06-20-22, 05:33 PM  
wendug

Angela- Good on you for sticking with the Iron Series. I'll probably circle back to the series, but for now I'm enjoying more cardio focused workouts.

Today I did the second DVD from Chalene Johnson with the stability ball that I received in request the wealth- Total Body Blast. I have done this workout before, but that was a couple of years ago. I remember my arms being on fire from holding the stability ball through the whole workout. Today, I didn't notice any soreness in my arms. But this workout really targets the abs. I have a feeling that my abs will be sore tomorrow! I still like Kickin' Core better than this workout, but this one is good, too.
Old 06-20-22, 09:06 PM  
gigi

Hey Wendy! My goal is to be one size smaller by the time school starts. I have a lot of cute pants in one size smaller than I currently am. My clothes are fitting better and I'm thrilled with Irons Series right now! I just finished Cathe's Great Glutes WU/Iron Series Day 13 Posterior Chain Workout/Great Glutes stretch. The Great Glutes stretch is excellent for the lower body and lower back. I was feeling sore and almost didn't workout. On some of the exercises I used ligher weights and gradually worked up to some heavier weights in the workout. I did the hip thrusts for the first time off of my bench and not on the floor. My lower back is stonger and I'm learning to use the correct muscles.

I just hope I can keep it up during the school year. I have to have the mindset of just "doing it." I think the extra cardio I'm doing is helping a bit too.
Old 06-22-22, 05:16 PM  
wendug

No workout yesterday as it was too hot! Today's workout DC Fitt- Upper Body strength & cardio. This was another tough workout. I was surprised at how heavy I could lift with the cardio between exercises. I was definitely a sweaty mess at the end of the workout!
Old 06-22-22, 08:37 PM  
gigi

I did not workout yesterday either. Today I did Iron Series Day 14: Unilateral Full Body workout. I made this a unilateral workout by only working one side when she did alternating reps. I used 25's until renegade rows then I used a 15. When she did alternating reps, I used a 25 for 30 seconds each side standing up. I used a 20 for the Bulgarian Lunges. I used a 20 for all variations of arnold press. The clean to arnold press is really a swing curl, to arnold press. I used a 25 for squat to lunge. For finisher I put hand on dumbbell for uneven pushups and did on knees. GREAT workout and I really liked this one, especially since I make it a true unilateral workout. I felt completely worked and it's fun to note how much stronger I am on bulgarian lunges and single leg lunges in just 3 weeks of her workouts!

I will not be able to post or workout again until Monday. I will finish week 3 on Monday and start week 4 on Tuesday! I hope the rest or your week and your weekend is great!
Old 06-23-22, 05:20 PM  
wendug

Today's workouts:
Lift w/Cee- Warm-up
Caroline Girvan- 15 minute compound leg workout. I used my 25's for the entire workout.
Caroline Girvan- 20 minute inner & outer thigh w/ ankle weights. I don't often do this type of workout, but I thought it would be a good add on to the short weight workout for legs. My legs are now sufficiently fried!
Old 06-26-22, 05:14 PM  
wendug

I was dog sitting this weekend so nothing on Friday & Saturday other than lots of dog walking. I did walk the client's dogs this am along with my dogs, but wanted to do something more intense this afternoon. I tried my first Tracy Steen workout- 43 Minute Intense Cardio Kickboxing HIIT. I'm always leery of YT instructors & kickboxing because their form is usually awful, but I enjoyed this workout. It was tough, but that's what I wanted today.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts