Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-22, 12:15 PM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts~~FEBRUARY, 2022~~*Everyone is Welcome!*

February, 2022

This month I will continue on with my usual instructors and keep more yoga in the mix. Keeping up with daily meditations is a goal also as well as healthy eating and less snacking!

31- Yvette #163 (45 min. HiiT BOSU Blast); Mady's BPR 479 cal burn
1 - KCM Power Splits (W/O 1 Upper Body - no finisher); W/O 2 Lower Body + finisher = 49 min.); Mady's BPR stretches; 45 min. Yard Work I did my own premix of Kelly's PS - really like this total body combo to get in/out and first time to try her Lower Body workout--a winner! There are 4 sets of Squats, Rev lunges, Front Lunges & D/L's. I did 2 sets of reg. squats, 2 sets of sumo squats; 4 sets of Reverse lunges as is; 4 sets of Front Lunges (used step); 1 set of 1 legged (lift back leg) D/L, and 3 sets of weighted bridges. I used 15's and 25#. This is a pretty basic lower body workout, but I LOVED the finisher! It includes 10 exercises of great balance and mobility work and adding it to the lower body workout, it totally made it superb for me. The music in the finisher, especially, may resort to an annoyance factor the more often I do it and don't mute it, LOL. But overall, I liked this DVD (sans the Raw Bonus). I loved Cardio Fit (everything)! For originally emailing Kelly for a preorder cancellation (and wasn't possible), I am SO glad now that I couldn't!! //After a quick run to the grocery store for necessities, I picked up more pokey balls--sooo many fell since Thursday. At least I got them up before the big snow storm hits tomorrow with a possible 12" of snow...Holy cow! Update: we got 11" snowfall! The last big snowfall was in 2019.
2 - Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast (Calorie Crush); UY (Flexibility) I always forget about these Calorie Crushes! Great cardio before Travis' class...it's been quite awhile since I've done a UY class. I actually could get into full splits today which was cool! (Coming out of it wasn't pretty though!). My LB is so sore from Kelly's workout...esp. quads/top of thighs (all those mobility squat holds! & wtd. bridges?).//Since I was snowed in, I took full advantage and got the grout scrubbed inbetw. the kitchen tiles, woo hoo!
3 - Cathe Live #352 (Metabolic Weights & Loops - 55 min.); Mady's BPR Another great metabolic class (it was a little harder than I was expecting!). Compound exercises, some UB weight work, some LB weight work (and seemed like an excessive amount of lunges!), cardio (with FW band which I LOVED!), and core. Those FW band quick scoots to each side - loved those! I used 12's and 15's and sometimes went heavier than Cathe but on those shoulder presses and she is using 15's and going oh, so fast, I had to really slow them down. (Cathe puts her DB's down and doesn't finish them with the class and then realizes later her error in cueing them too fast. From there on out, she gives lots of modifying tips, LOL). I did the FW jacks on the rebounder as well as some other cardio moves. There are burpees in this too (I used my step). The core segment has kick thru's and p/u & sit up combos, but I got a head start and actually did more sets than Cathe. Great TB class with lots of variety and hits every muscle indirectly, although there wasn't much for direct chest and tricep work. Glad I purchased this one! 420 cal burn
4 - Deepen Your Practice (Vytas - The Hips = 45 min./60 min.); Cathe Perfect 30 (Mobility) Lots of strength & balance challenges in this class and I tend to stay with the initial version. I stopped at Compass pose though, because 1) my joints/flexibility won't comply, and 2) I was getting a bit frustrated and needed to get to Mobility! Vytas was great again with his form pointers but even that couldn't help me in some of those difficult poses, LOL. Cathe today gave me the feeling of restorativeness with her Mobility class and I think at my age takes preference than getting into a certain pose. ;0)
5 - Olivia Lawson (Calorie Killer 5000 Steps Walking Workout @ Home=18/35 min.); Heather Robertson (Intense Strength Supersets//Full Body Unilateral Workout - 46 min.); Mady's BPR Olivia's workout was a nice w/u to Heather's but I found my mind wandering all over the place, so I stopped early! Good one, no doubt, for getting in extra steps if desired. HR's workout was a sweaty one! Supersets with four circuits; 2 strength & 1 cardio exercise (as a finisher to burn out each muscle group just worked), with a :40/:20 format. I used a wider range of DB's than HR - 5's, 10, 12, 15's. Since it's a unilateral workout, I had to make sure I stayed on the correct side and sometimes didn't mirror her. I changed up some moves - i.e. the Kneeling Press and did wide squats touching DB to floor into a tricep press, as I don't allow my knees to kneel then stand while holding a DB above my head. I liked most of this workout and it burned a lot of calories. Seemingly somewhat metabolic, it also provided great core work during a lot of the total body moves. 388 cal burn
6 - Rest Day

7 - KCM 30 MTF Muscle Up Lift2BFit (Full Body Workout=56 min.); stretch Early morning dentist appt. She found a cavity, darn it! I wasn't even having any issues! At least my insurance will cover most of the filling/appts./I reacquired this dvd again during Kelly's sale. I don't think I ever tried the full body premix which I think will be easier to fit into a rotation than the separate workouts that incl. both UB and LB in each.
8 - Yvette Fit #79 (35 Min. FUN Low Impact Cardio Kickboxing); Mady's BPR Early morning hair appt. This one never has any dread even when done at another time than my usual workout time...that is saying a lot!! I just needed to move and it's fun! Used my wrist weights.
9 - Cathe Perfect 30 (Mobility - TS 20 min Premix) This is all I could fit in...mom wasn't feeling well today and I had to be "on call" and was over there longer than usual. (She's better on the 10th).
10- Yvette Fit #127 (30 Min. Ankle Weight/Kickbox Combos with Biceps); Yvette Fit #142 (30 Min. All Barbell & DB Workout - UB/LB); Mady's BPR First time for 127 - I didn't think I could do this one, as Y is wearing ankle weights while doing cardio/jumping around, but I used my ankle weights and did all the high impact cardio on my rebounder. I just did tucks, air jacks, frog-like jumps instead of following her which got my HR up more anyway. Wow, doing the jumps on the rebounder with ankle weights makes a huge difference! I hope, though, my knees will not complain... So this class has k/b cardio, high impact moves using the step topper, weighted biceps, core and gets those legs good with the standing leg lifts, etc! I loved that these were standing instead of lying down on the mat. I added on my FAV weight workout on Y's site! Just love this one SO much for getting total body weight work in 30 min. and PHA-style, although a lot of the exercises work at least 2 body parts per exercise (UB & LB) so it is a DOUBLE BONUS!!! For D/L's, I did weighted bridge work and 1 arm rows, both with 25#. I used 12's, 15's, and 20 for most everything else. Shoulder's are fried by the time you're done since they are used a lot indirectly. Core exercises are included at the end but in place of that, I did a few more 1 arm rows to work the back since I got core work in the first workout. Great TOTAL BODY workout today! 445 cal burn
11 - KCM Cardio Fit (All Cardio Premix + Raw Bonus Step W/o = 62 min.) Mimi Solaire Deep Stretch (Back) OMGoodness, I had SO much FUN this morning with this premix!! I had lots of energy (2 cups of coffee and was raring to go!) This is my premix--Kelly just has the All Cardio Premix (33 min.) without the added Raw Bonus as a premix option. It was a BLAST!!! I wore my 2# wrist weights and my HR was up for most of the workout but I like to add in fillers here and there and up the ante a bit. (Instead of her grounded pendulums, I do them Cathe-style and putting a little oomph in the moves to keep up my HR). Love these combos and the step Raw combos and I just used my topper. IMO, this might be her best music on a DVD...it was really motivating to me today. So this one might go straight to the top of one of my Kelly favs--even above Sculpting Rx! I’m so glad I didn't cancel my order!!//Mimi's stretch is nice when wanting to hold the stretches a little longer. After the stretch, a whopping 509 cal burn. YES!!
12- Five Parks Yoga (Intense Flow with No Planks or Chaturangas - Wrist Free Yoga=49 min.) I revisited this well-rounded, sweaty, heat-inducing class with absolutely no chats or DDogs=perfect! It also has a fantastic sequence of balance challenges on each leg and a boat sequence that goes on forever!- I had to take breaks! I’m going to try to do this class at least once a month…it is such a good one for balance, core and my ailments. I really miss Erin!
13- Rest Day

14- Yvette Fit #144 (60 Min. Cardio Weights Workout); Mady's BPR This one uses lighter weights (5's-15's) & gliders. High/low (more high) and is very shoulder intensive...practically every weighted move works shoulders with/without the lower body. I switched up some of the weight work to include biceps and triceps. During the lower body glider work where Y works shoulders (mostly overhead), I changed those to bicep curls (I think curls fit better in there anyway to keep my back happy). Core gets really worked well throughout. There's a j. jack frenzy at the end in which I did air jacks on the rebounder - 75 to be precise! Yvette is very j. jack happy in this one! Changed up to jump ropes, high knees or kept it more low impact. I think I've done workouts that seemed more fun to me on Y's site, but I appreciated that it wasn't a killer with the weights and core intervals included throughout so it wasn't all cardio! Had to add on an add'l stretch. 458 cal burn
15- Two Birds Yoga (40 Min. Recovery Day Vinyasa Flow) I needed a relaxing practice today to put me in a relaxing mood for the return to the dentist. It was a great choice…it may be one of my favs on her site...it was so relaxing and very few DDogs and fantastic IT band stretches to really get into those hips good. Her dog, Ralphie, is hilarious seeking her attention often and had me LOL!
16- Cathe Live #321 Metabolic Circuit - 47 min.; Mady's BPR It's been since 2020 since I did this one...I really liked it again even though Cathe is by herself in this. I LOVE the format - there are blocks (or groupings) of 2 sets of exercises (UB & LB in each group w/ 12-16 reps) and Cathe moves at a pretty good clip but she does slow down toward the end. Love Cathe's creativity in this! For the last block (and our arms are fried by then, thankfully, she does Drop Sets). I had to get creative myself since my hand/lower back is an issue this time around, so for D/L's, I did weighted bridges and for upright rows, I did pull downs. I could hang tough with the 15's for bi's today since there really isn't a lot of reps. For calves, I did 50 (1 30 & 1 20) instead of 2 30's. I didn't burn many calories this time around either (288), but my HR seemed to be up for most of the workout, is somewhat metabolic and is a good fat burner. Wanting a weight workout that seems a little different, this one is a goodie!
17- 75 min. Yard Clean Up LOL, I’m sure my neighbors thought I was crazy cleaning up my yard at 7:20 a.m.! Had to get it done before the big snow storm…um, it’s 10:30 and still nuthin’!! Supposed to have another big snow…….but once it happens, there are no pokey balls under it, LOL! I’m going to see if I am up for a basement workout…ETA: well, I never got down to the basement but I stayed upstairs and stretched. Two Birds Yoga (30 Min. Gentle Stretchy Vinyasa Yoga Flow); (30 Min. Soothing & Relaxing Bedtime Yoga) The first one isn't v/o, so it was echoey in the room, but I liked the stretches ok. Love the bedtime yoga when wanting to just stretch while sitting/laying (and watching the snow come down! We got about 6"?).
18- KCM 30 MTF Split Sessions (Full Body Mix-In=alternating UB/LB exercises); (Bonus Floor - just the exercises using the band=6 min.); Mady's BPR Another purchase on a whim during her sale...I should've stayed with my gut feeling about purchasing these older Kelly's. So far, I'm 0-3. :/ I wanted to do everything on the dvd to give it a fair shot. There were so many "innovative" moves that I had to change up about 95% of the workout! I'm glad I find Kelly's newer workouts much more enjoyable and doable.
19- Olivia Lawson (30 Min. Standing Power Walk & Cardio/Indoor FB LISS Workout = 36 min.); Cathe's Perfect 30 (Mobility) I loved this class! The format is :40/:10 intervals and all standing with every other move the "static march" which is very easy to change up which I did. I wore my 2# wrist weights and put in a lot of fast, tricep kick backs and k/b arms, so it really added up. I did Yvette and Cathe fillers and my HR stayed up for most of the workout. That's what I love about Olivia's workouts...they are so easy to ramp up the intensity! Cathe's Mobility felt really good afterward. My aches/pains are feeling better at the end of the week...I'm sure it's due to all the yoga/stretching throughout the week. Sometimes that all I could talk myself in to with all the sorting/going thru the parents' things.
20- Rest Day

21- Yvette Fit #165 (60 Min. High Intensity Step with Light Weights = 65 min.); Mady's BPR Another "Holy HiiT" workout!! This truly is a 50+ min. HiiT workout and even during the "recovery moves", my HR stayed in the 150's and never came down!!! I used the BOSU in place of the step - the first couple exercises I had to do my own thing, but other than that, it worked really well. The other day I thought Yvette is "j.jack happy", but this one took the prize and I didn't even do ONE, LOL!! She includes some light weight shoulder/leg combination moves toward the end (I used 5's and 8's) and at the 58 min. mark, she has us use the FW band for a "finisher" to really FRY the legs (as if they weren't already by then!). I only burned 30-some less calories than Y and I changed it up A LOT! Feeling very accomplished and this workout is a great start to the week with lots and lots of balance work. I just love how I can make her workouts work for my old lady knees and all my other ailments, LOL! 552 cal burn (after stretch).
22- Yvette Fit (w/u); Olivia Lawson (40 Min. Total Body Standing Strength Workout/Low Impact/No Repeat); Five Parks Yoga (Weekend Warrior Yoga Class) I kept my weights lighter (8's-10's) and this was a good little metabolic workout that was all standing. Core is worked really well, and I'm feeling some DOMS on the 23rd. (Also calf DOMS on the 23rd still prevalent from Yvette's workout!). I did Erin's class before - a goodie!
23- Cathe Perfect 30 (Mobility); YT (30 Min. Yin Yoga "Detox" with Travis) Needed some stretching today...certain body parts are still sore (see yesterday). I know I did this Travis class before...I looked back and it was the same one I did in Oct. but with a different title. Poses are only held 1:45-2:00 minutes with Deer pose, cow face pose with twists and all seated. This is one of very few of Travis's classes when he skips corpse pose...
24- 45 Min. Yard Clean up; (Later) 15 Min. Blowing Snow off driveway/sidewalks with leaf blower
Ha - yard work in the morning and blowing snow in the evening! This is all I could do knowing yet another day of sorting/packing lies ahead...and this is just the basics mom will need to move into the ALF...I'm really feeling the fatigue!
25- KCM Sculpting Rx (Workout 1/Workout 2 Intervaled Body Parts=38 min.); Travis' Short & Sweet (#2) Love this Kelly premix to get in/out with a major UB burn! I used 8's, 12's, and 15's. Travis' class is a good one for flow and balance work...my hand/wrist was hurting a bit (leftover pain from raking/blowing). ETA: well, more to add to the hand pain, LOL, I did 30 min. of blowing snow off driveway.
26- Cathe Live #169 (Mixed Impact HiiT w/ Bonus Abs=42 min.); Mady's BPR This is a short but goodie HiiT hi/lo workout to get in/out. I haven't done this one since '18, but there are plenty of Cathe's signature (ad nauseam) cardio moves (which I have since become bored with - except for Snow Boards! ). It uses very light weights for a couple exercises (5's) but it was perfect for wanting a light cardio day after a weight day. Lots of core focus throughout and then a floor core segment at end which was tough after all the standing core work! 302 cal burn
27- Rest Day

28- Yvette Fit #18 (60 Min. BOSU Cardio Core Workout); Mady's BPR; Mady's 15 Min. Leg stretch
Yet another gem I overlooked on Y's site! BOSU, k/b, BW, & core exercises make this one so much FUN - had a blast! She uses the BOSU for almost all the exercises - lots of fun moves and balance challenges too. Favorited, and a great start to my busy, busy week! 487 cal burn
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts