Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-16-22, 04:04 PM  
donnamp

wishiwasinhawaii -that sounds promising for WFH when you move!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It is Friday!!

I did Jessica's 48 Min Strength routine today - I really do like the weight training workouts in this set - the Strength and Circuit DVDs are good for me. I haven't tried the split workouts yet, but I'll get to them. I like the slower pacing - I find them different from Jessica's other weight training options.

Yesterday - for an add on I did Ellen's new one - Cardio Barre. I did like it - but there was one "circuit" that I found awkward - the dancer lunges - I don't know why Ellen likes that move so much. I modify w/ a smaller range of motion. I feel that the pacing in the workout is too fast to do a full range of motion (at least for me).

Waves - Happy Weekend! We have Monday off for Juneteenth so my first day in my new job is actually a day off, LOL! Not a bad way to start.

Donna
Old 06-17-22, 11:37 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day, but I was bored so I jumped ahead and did the next workout which was the 38 minute Total Body Circuit. I liked it. Today is a stretch and optional endurance cardio, but it's so hot here that I might just do the stretch and skip the cardio. Or I might wait until tonight when it's cooler.

I like all of the workouts I've done so far in this new set. The only one I was kind of 'meh' about was the Full Body Flow because I didn't feel like I was really 'doing' much of anything. But I'll try it again and see. It might be because I don't have gliders so I wasn't getting the full effect.

Donna, Yes, it does seem I'll get full WFH when I move, but there are no guarantees so I have a 'Plan B' in case that doesn't happen. I REALLY want to retire or at least semi-retire, but I have to be able to either find something that has health insurance or have enough money saved that I could pay for it myself. I don't have Monday off, unfortunately.

Waves to all!
Old 06-17-22, 01:23 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Total Body Strength 31 minutes

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Total Body Strength, but skipped the core/floor work. I was pressed for time after doing a mile on the treadmill (in Spain.)

I'm trying to decide if I like this, after my 2nd time through with this workout. It's okay, but I might choose KCM 30 Minute to Fitness (any) over this. The one thing is Kelly sometimes swings the weights around, and I do like that the pace of Strong + Centered is slow and controlled. I just get antsy when I have to repeat a set we've already done....and that was done with Lift and Shift, as well.

We've got a sick cat (our 18 year old and my sweet baby) so may have to take her into the vet or emergency. She's not eating today and has been sleeping more than usual. Having to isolate her in a bathroom, which breaks my heart.

Gotta run!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-22, 09:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I squeezed in:

Ellen - Align & Shine
Trifecta Pilates - Total Mobility Routine

We have a friend staying w/ us for the weekend so my workouts are hit or miss! I'm hoping to get back to Jessica tomorrow and do the lower body split workout.

Pam - I do like the weight workouts from this set but it is hard for me to motivate myself to do the longer ones - although once i get started I'm good.

wishiwasinhawaii - is the Full Body Flow - the one w/ the planks? I preferred the other workout - that used just one glider. I haven't tried the floorwork routine yet.

Sherry - how are you ?

Waves, Liz!

Donna
Old 06-19-22, 03:47 PM  
Leonana

Donna, positive and negative. The nerve med is working, so less pain overall. However, I'm getting pain in all my teeth, mostly molars, because I'm still grinding. I'm irritating the nerves in my whole mouth. The mouth guards reduce some of the force, and protect the teeth, but don't eliminate the pain. It can heal if I stop grinding. Apparently, I'm a champion grinder! Although, if it develops into chronic nerve pain, the nerve pain med will start working, but it will be chronic. I'm going to talk to the TMJ doctor tomorrow about other ways to minimize grinding. Botox supposedly works for many, so I'm going to look into that. I also have an appointment on Tuesday with a psychiatric nurse for anxiety meds, that might help also, if my grinding is related to anxiety. So positive with less pain, but negative that my mouth is becoming more damaged. I am coming to a place of more acceptance with it. Who knows, maybe a miracle will happen, and I'll stop grinding, and the nerves will heal.

I've also learned that I have a hernia. I've lost about 20 pounds, and without the stomach fat, it's showing up now. I was checked by my NP, now I need a referral for an ultrasound and to see a surgeon. I don't have insurance, but I am a member of a Health Share Program, and this is something they should cover. Of course, more anxiety and grinding, lol. But I guess somewhat of a positive, since the weight loss enabled me to see it and catch it early, and I wouldn't have lost this much weight without the grinding. Of course, a friend of mine had to tell me her brother in law died of a hernia (face palm!). Although, he knew he had it and ignored it for months. I don't think I'm at that point yet.
Old 06-20-22, 01:51 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Our guest left late this morning, so I got back on track with my workouts:

Jessica Smith - Split Session Strength - Lower Body - Full confession, I was dreading this one. And it is a long one - 48 minutes. It was the hardest one for me from this set of workouts - but it wasn't as bad a I feared. It used some gliding discs, a step, a chair, and for me, light weights. The first "set" you repeat 3X which was a bit overkill for me, the other 2 "sets" just repeated twice. This is not one I can see myself going heavy with - there is a lot of work in the dreaded hip hinge position - and while I see that it is a functional move it is also one that can be tricky to execute. I do wish this workout was chaptered, so that there would be an easy way to skip an extra set if you wanted to - I know there is always fast forward, but it is easier to skip to a chapter! All this being said, I didn't hate the workout at all and I can see how it can definitely build some functional strength and stability. it will be one that I will have to talk myself into doing, however, due to the length and the repetition. I still liked it better than some of Jessica's other lower body workouts which tended to tweak my back. I'm not sure why this one didn't - I will say in general, my back is doing much better these days - (not sure why! LOL!) and it is also probably the pacing - it doesn't move at break neck speed and it is easy to go at your own pace and just do fewer reps.

If I can talk myself into it - Upper Body is on for tomorrow!!

I added on Trifecta Pilates - Core Connection Class (15 min) and Pilates Deep Breathing (5 min).

Oh - I also walked my Golden - but it was a slow walk...

Sherry - oh my, when it rains it pours. Please keep us posted on the TMJ suggestions, the anxiety meds and the hernia. geez. You do sound like you are staying positive though and that is good - that is sometimes all we can do.

Take care,

Donna
Old 06-20-22, 09:44 PM  
Leonana

Donna, yes it does feel like that! The TMJ doctor adjusted my mouth guards, and they do fit better, they aren't touching the molars. I think they will work now. He said the aching pain was not all my teeth going bad, but it was the same nerve pain in the original spot. That was a relief! He told me to keep wearing the splint and paste he had given me previously. I used it today, and it really helped, and relieved a lot of the aching. He even said my nerve pain could eventually heal. I go to my neuro doc on Friday for botox. Tomorrow I see about my anxiety meds. My NP responded to my message today, which is fast turn around nowadays. Her assistant will send me a referral form. So things are moving along thankfully, and it's better.
Old 06-20-22, 10:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Sunday and Monday, I did treadmill walks. No time for anything more.

I started a Summer class today that meets once per week for eight weeks. I'm exhausted already just thinking about all the extra work.

Still babying our sick cat and monitoring her closely. She's been given an appetite stimulant to help with her eating, but she's super finicky (and spoiled on treats.)

DH hasn't felt well today, so he might be experiencing the beginnings of kidney stones. His pain has been off and on today, so we might end up at the hospital later tonight or tomorrow, as things progress.

Sherry, sorry to hear about the hernia. That's good news, regarding your nerve pain though. I hope things continue to improve.

Donna, that was my thing with Lift and Shift....multiple rounds of the same set, sometimes three or four times. I'll probably just drop the last one...when I have the time to do it.

Waves wishiwasinhawaii and liz!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-22, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica - Split Strength Sessions - Upper Body- I liked this one! I tend not enjoy splits as much but this one was good - it had a lot of different exercises, a focus on posture and function - like all of the workouts in this series.

I am planning some Pilates later and maybe some steps/walking....

Not sure if I will do another round of this rotation after I finish this week or move on. I feel like I'm neglecting some things...but maybe I can do Jessica's stuff every other day or something...that may work!

Sherry - it sounds like everything is coming together - keep us posted.

Pam - ugh, i'm sorry about your cat and your DH not feeling well. Cat are difficult, especially if they need a special diet and/or don't want to eat. Dogs are easier to deal w/ with that stuff. What is your class about?

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz.

Donna

Tags
tablet