Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-10-22, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got out for a dog walk in our relatively mild February weather. I didn't do anything in the evening. But so far, so good on this month and getting outside more and I think I also had a salad a day for a # of days in a row. It is a step in the right direction -

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Fit in 15 - Kickboxing 101 - the DVD Option was 360 Abs from WS 1.0 and I wasn't up for it.

Jessica Smith - Yoga Fusion Fix - 30 min session - I did struggle a bit with some of this - I'm finding that I'm really losing flexibility. Probably from sitting so much for work. I did modify with blocks and such but still - I used to be able to do these things w/ more ease and grace.

Liz - I'm glad you like your S&F workout - I may work through that playlist, too. Although I think I'm on Day 4 of Fusion February....we'll see how long it lasts.

Pam - iFit does sound like a good purchase!!

Sherry - I hope you are feeling better.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Happy Friday Eve!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 10:59 AM  
Leonana

Good news, milder pain this morning in the new temporary crown! This tooth was an older crown. I think I cracked it because I was grinding my teeth too much on one side because of the temporary crowns on the other side. I wear a mouth guard, but too much force on one tooth. But tooth number two with the permanent crown is a bit sore today. They couldn’t get the floss in between the teeth, so they used a thin metal scraper between the teeth to make room for the floss. It took awhile, and that metal scraper thingy was painful! It caused my gums to bleed and my jaw is sore. Fortunately, it’s not too bad, and should heal soon. Three teeth in two months, I hope three’s a charm and that’s it lol. I’m grateful for no root canals, at least so far. Dh's work is always slow around the holidays, so I tend to grind my teeth more because of the anxiety. I think that's the connection with always having dental work around the holidays. I’m my own worst enemy! I'm grateful that this year I had a credit card, lol.

No workout today, I’m really tired. I guess it is a bit of a shock to the system with drilling two teeth in a week and a half. I think my body needs to heal.

Pam, the IFIT workouts sound great. Good luck with your exams.

Liz, the random dog sounds cute. I need to do more of those workouts.

Donna, kudos for keeping up with Jessica. I have to admit I have to slow it down with rotations these days.
Old 02-11-22, 11:34 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
Sherry, I hope the worst of the teeth problems are behind you! I can imagine it is exhausting. I hope you find some yummy soups and pamper yourself with some ice cream too!

Today, I did another SilverFit with Penny. This one was Intermediate Weights in which she uses a band. It had been a while since I had worked out with a band and I enjoyed it. I think I got a good workout.

The weekend is here! We're having a heat wave, if I go in the pool, I'll report back!

Have a good one and waves to all,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed checking in yesterday, I got busy/distracted

I don't know what got into me, but I did:

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 3 - Metabolic Conditioning. I modified - lighter weights, no step and it worked fine. You know, I am thinking of maybe trying the WS 3.0 rotation and just going at my own pace - and modifying as needed. I have had this set since it came out, but I have never done it b/c of my fear of it. But, today's workout was do-able at my own pace. So, something to think about.

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 3 - Simply Stretch - just a 15 min stretch!

Today, I did:

A live essentrics workout w/ Sahra from 2/1.

I have to run - appointment this morning and I will be back for personals later!!

Donna
Old 02-12-22, 01:54 PM  
Leonana

Question

Finally did a workout today, it felt good! I did Jessica Smith's 21 Day Stretch Walk. It's 15 minutes of walking with some mobility moves and 15 minutes of standing and chair stretches. After over a week of not working out, my motivation was low, so this workout was good for me.

Dh and I went to Walmart yesterday evening and ran over a nail on the way home. The hole is too big to patch, so two new tires for the back, so they are even tread. Turns out the tire on the other side had a nail stuck in the tread and would have probably put a hole in there too. Why oh why are there nails in the road! Sheesh.

Liz, I think Silver and Fit will be good for me next week. Thanks for the ice cream suggestion, I hadn’t thought of that! I had some tonight and it was a nice treat.

Donna, I think WS3 is easy to modify. The 15 minute stretch is one of my favorites.
Old 02-13-22, 01:42 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I finished a week of Jessica's Fusion February Rotation!

Today I did:

Brain Fitness Fun from WS 1.0
and the 15 Min Session from Yoga Fusion Fix

I am contemplating a dog walk now along w/ a CS episode...but we shall see.

Sherry - I'm glad you felt well enough for a workout! The car my DD uses is in the shop - we brought it in for a tire - which had been repaired previously and I was hoping they would repair it for free - but then we asked for an oil change and they found an oil leak. UGH. Always something. And to buy new or used now is going to be expensive b/c of the shortages. Sigh....Sometimes i do wonder if the over exaggerate a problem just to get you to fix it - like maybe it could have chugged along with the oil leak for awhile and it wasn't urgent. you just never know who to trust about these things!

It is just a good thing I work from home and don't need a car that much!

Liz - jealous of your heat wave, we had some snow here - nothing too bad.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-13-22, 05:17 PM  
Leonana

Today was Silver and Fit Advanced Cardio with Alex. I liked the faster pace, but apparently advanced means doing three or four moves and switching them very quickly after one rep. My brain can’t keep up with advanced lol. So after 16 minutes I switched to Intermediate Cardio with Adita. It had kickboxing moves but a slower pace than I’m used to. However, my brain could keep up with the different moves. I realized I liked Jessica’s style, more advanced physically but you do more reps which gives my brain time to keep up. I’ll probably do S&F’s weight workouts though.

I’m afraid to say anything (knock on wood) but teeth are better. So glad I found this dentist. I could have saved a chunk of money, time and discomfort on that first tooth if I had known about this office. On the plus side I’ve lost the weight I’ve been wanting to lose. The perfect D word, just don’t eat lol.

Donna, good job on completing a week of Fusion February. So sorry to hear about your dd’s car. I can’t tell you how many times I went to the dealer for an oil change and given a long list of repairs. One time it was $2000! My dh works on cars and always checks it. Turns out all it needed was brake pads in the front. The back brake pads had some wear but were good for awhile. And the other expensive stuff wasn’t needed. Another time they wanted $600 to change the cabin filter, which is behind the glove box. Dh bought one for $25 from Autozone and it took him a half hour to fix. Part of the price was to adjust the computer, but Autozone said it would adjust itself after we drove the car 100 miles. I could tell you more stories. I don’t think they lie, but as you said, it might not need to be fixed yet.

My dd came over with her roommate. Her roommate hit a car in the parking lot but fortunately didn’t damage the other car, but her headlight cover was cracked. It would have cost $600 or $700 to fix, but dh ordered an online part for $65. He spent about three hours fixing it. He also repairs dd’s car when she needs it. Moving out has made her appreciate dad more lol.

Liz, we are having a heat wave too, highs around 81. I think Phoenix has been cooler than Southern California lately. I love it, I’m so cold when it’s in the 60’s, but afraid that it means a hot summer. It’s cooling down to 70’s next week.
Old 02-13-22, 10:34 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
Congrats to the Rams. Not sure if you guys watch football. I don’t, but thought I would tune in for the 2nd half. The announcers wanted the Bengals to win so bad it turned me into a Rams fan! So yay! My newly adopted team won! Lol!

Today I was clearing out some clutter and making a pile to go to the thrift store and I found a Firm Dancing Cardio DVD. I think it was in that pile because it skipped but I thought I’d try it out and I really enjoyed it. The workouts are only 20 minutes so they will be great add-ons. or good for the middle of the day.

As for the heatwave it was about 90 yesterday (very unusual for February it is usually about 60) My husband dared me to go in the pool, so of course I had to go in! It took me a few minutes to get in since the water was so cold but it was very pleasant after all that. My husband and the dog went in too! It is back to regular weather next week. So no more swimming for me for a while.

Sherry, I’m glad you told me your experience with silver fit. The 2 or 3 workouts I have done have been intermediate workouts but they feel kind of easy. I’ll have to try an advanced version this week or go back to Jessica! Lol!

Donna, congrats on finishing up a week of Fusion February! I bet you would like WS3. You can always follow Debbie! Even though she is in pretty good shape for those workouts.

Gotta run. I have to go in the office tomorrow and I’m going to get my lunch ready tonight. I’m so out of practice! I don’t even know where I hid all the Tupperware! Lol!

Waves to all,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 08:33 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Work has been crazy and I just haven't had a chance to post. The CEO announced we are going back to the office March 7, so I've been upset about it. He didn't give any other info and said he'd do that in the next couple of weeks, so I don't know how often I have to go or how they're going to do this at this point. He had originally said we'd go back on our old schedules to start and then move to a hybrid model, but I'm hoping he changes that because it makes no sense for us all to be there at the same time.

Liz, I watched the Super Bowl. I am a football fan, but not a fan of either team so I didn't care who won. I can't believe how hot it is there. Our weather is like a rollercoaster. One day it's in the 60s and the next it's in the 30s and snowing. Right now it's 15, but will be close to 70 later in the week.

Donna, Fusion February sounds fun, so I'm going to look into that. I've just been doing random workouts for the past month and I need to get back on a schedule.

Sherry, Glad to hear your teeth are settling down! I went to the dentist on Saturday because I thought I was having a problem with one tooth, but the dentist said it's likely caused by sinus problems and just to keep an eye on it, so that was good news.

Waves to Pam!
Old 02-14-22, 09:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't like either choice that was on the schedule for today's February Fusion workout. The DVD option was from Cardio Abs - and that scares me. The You Tube option looked like a backache waiting to happen with a lot of forward leaning work. So, instead I did:

Jessica Smith - 15 Min Standing Cardio Strength, 16 Min Total Body Time Saving Strength Circuit and 15 Min Post Workout Stretch

All of those worked out well -they were slightly slower paced so I could watch my form better.

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm sorry you have to go back in, that stinks. I sure hope that we stay working from home. I bet pretty soon we'll have to go back in for our in-person meeting day. I hate it - I never get anything done.

Liz - i need to clean clutter, too. I told myself i'd use some of my staycation to that, but TBH, I don't want to now!

Sherry - glad your tooth is doing better!

Waves, Pam!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Tags
tablet