Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-23, 10:49 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I did this one today and was happy with my weight selection for this first time. I would have liked just an extra 30 seconds more rest to choose my weights and get into position for next exercise. I know "resting" isn't intended for this one, though.

First time using a barbell for Hip Thrusts. I chose to have both feet on the floor for the single leg segment, though. Will try a few singles the next time.

Overall, have liked all the weight workouts that I've tried so far!

I'm also someone who loves Deadlifts!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 06:12 PM  
angie_nrs

Giant Sets Total Body

I did this one today and liked the pace and the heavy weights. I haven't gotten the heavy weights out in a while so it's nice to be using them again with this set. I hope I get the same results out of this set that I did with P90X.

I really liked the small variations from one set to the next. After the workout, I was a sweaty mess and I felt a bit wobbly with jello legs when I went back upstairs. I'm sure DOMS are on the way. Clocking in at about 51 minutes is about perfect for me.
Old 05-31-23, 10:55 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Really liked this one!

Hi to all-

I just finished this, and I think this is my favorite of the the three total body workouts in the STS 2.0 series.

I did modify to suit my needs--particularly regarding the hip thrusts. I thought getting into position with a barbell for only 10 reps, wasn't enough time/work to make a difference so I did a long set (30 reps) for each of the three giant sets. It worked out that the hip thrusts came right before the rests so there was plenty of time to extend the sets.

There were a couple of exercises in the unilateral set I that turned into 2 sets of bilateral exercises to increase the volume (biceps and shoulders). This worked out well for me.

Also, the last giant set is only 8 reps per exercise. When I felt I had a few reps left in the tank, I added them on. There was plenty of time for an additional 2-4 reps on most exercises, and this seemed to really make a difference for me.

Glad to have this option!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 01:46 PM  
Pascal

Loved this one. Really worked me hard. Once you play around and find the correct weight, it’s such a burner. Can’t wait to do it again!

Tags
cathe sts 2.0, cathe sts 2.0 giant sets, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews