Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-23, 01:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

The search feature hasn’t been working for awhile now, so I’m surprised that folks are still commenting on it. I think it’s evident that it may not be fixed in the near future (if ever). TBH I don’t think that’s an indication of armageddon since it’s a convenience rather than a necessity. I have just been working around it since I value more the input from the folks here than I am annoyed by the site issues——at least for now. THAT’S JUST ME, and my comment is in no way intended to insult anyone who thinks differently. I admit I get frustrated by the 500 Server Error that I get more frequently now, but it’s probably a message that I need to Stop Writing Moby Dick Lengthy Posts.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 01:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I'm thinking that folks saying they have doubts about paying their annual subscription gets someone's attention.
Okay, Alta. Girl, the dues pay for the website/domain name. I don’t think that Wendy has gotten rich off the VF Supporters, unless she has been collecting royalties from the Alta-Tude System???.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 05-31-23, 01:33 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
It's been fixed! Thank you! Maybe my email worked.
I’m glad it was fixed. I would have been sad not to see one of your beautiful cats!

Old 05-31-23, 01:36 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Okay, Alta. Girl, the dues pay for the website/domain name. I don’t think that Wendy has gotten rich off the VF Supporters, unless she has been collecting royalties from the Alta-Tude System???.
No, I doubt the forum dues are much of a moneymaker. I am just completely clueless as to why we have heard nothing from our founder.

BTW, I invested all the Alta-Tude royalties in BitCoin and then I lost the password to access the funds.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 01:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
The search feature hasn’t been working for awhile now, so I’m surprised that folks are still commenting on it.
True, the regular search feature hasn't worked in some time. However, the "New Posts" search was working up until about 1-2 weeks ago - that is what I have bookmarked to enter VF, so I would have noticed if it wasn't working before then.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 01:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
No, I doubt the forum dues are much of a moneymaker. I am just completely clueless as to why we have heard nothing from our founder.

BTW, I invested all the Alta-Tude royalties in BitCoin and then I lost the password to access the funds.
Perhaps Wendy was more astute in her investment choices and is now on a tropical island with a paper umbrella in her frothy pina colada.

It could be that Wendy is monitoring from behind the scenes, and is just unwilling to make a “public” comment as it would result in a barrage of responses that would be overwhelming. Pure speculation on my part, of course. I guess that she doesn’t “owe” us an accounting of what is going on in her life, but it would be nice to know that she is okay.

Old 05-31-23, 01:54 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Perhaps Wendy was more astute in her investment choices and is now on a tropical island with a paper umbrella in her frothy pina colada.

It could be that Wendy is monitoring from behind the scenes, and is just unwilling to make a “public” comment as it would result in a barrage of responses that would be overwhelming. Pure speculation on my part, of course. I guess that she doesn’t “owe” us an accounting of what is going on in her life, but it would be nice to know that she is okay.
Maybe someone else behind the scenes has volunteered to take care of some of the issues? I don't have the mental bandwidth to remember how long Wendy has been mostly MIA.

Yes, it would be good to know that she is doing OK!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-31-23, 03:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Some of you must have made an impression on Wendy - I just checked her profile, and she has visited the forum today. The last time before that was over a year ago!
thanks for the update and good sleuthing.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 05:10 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
thanks for the update and good sleuthing.
Wendy. Or, someone who has permission to log-in with her name and fix things.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-01-23, 07:06 AM  
CabCalloway

I don't see it being fixed. I tried to do a search on all my past posts and still get the database error. I tried searching a random member's posts and got the same result.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, tapatalk, vf roost, vf site issues, where-is-wendy?