Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-23, 07:25 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Jessica moved slower, but she added more reps lol.

I credit Jules 25 Day Strength workouts for increasing my strength. I started with 8 pounds and was up to 10 by the end of the 25 days. I liked that rotation.
That is the rotation I'm doing now - although I'm doing Days 21-25 of her 25 day schedule and then moving on to the 5 day schedule she created. I think I'm going to stick with Jules/Improved Health for the month of June and then do Build when I get back from my vacation in July. I am not even kidding myself any more -I plan to sign up for AAP before the latest code expires, LOL!

I am finding that the Improved Health workouts are cumulative, and effective. Each one is not that hard, but over 5 days you end up getting a bit done, all very painlessly!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 07:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Jessica moved slower, but she added more reps lol.

I credit Jules 25 Day Strength workouts for increasing my strength. I started with 8 pounds and was up to 10 by the end of the 25 days. I liked that rotation.
I did too! I have made a lot of improvements doing Jules' strength work. It's deceptive though, because the workouts don't feel hard.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 09:50 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I found times on Jessica's site:

BUILD: Total Body 1
run time: 34:59
Interval: Build I.T.
run time: 30:59
BUILD: Total Body 2
run time: 31:05
M.I.S.S.: Cardio Steady
run time: 30:52
BUILD: Total Body 3
run time: 32:11
Refresh Fusion
run time: 33:27
Self Care Session: Sole Massage
run time: 11:23
Week 2
BUILD: Quadriceps, Hamstrings + Calves
run time: 30:23
BUILD: Chest + Back
run time: 33:41
M.I.S.S.: Step Mix
run time: 31:33
BUILD: Glutes + Core
run time: 31:02
BUILD: Bi's, Tri's + Inner Thighs
run time: 29:58
L.I.S.S.: Feedback Flow
run time: 30:24
Self-Care Session: Self Check-In
run time: 09:51
Week 3
BUILD: Shoulders + Upper Back
run time: 31:28
BUILD: Lower Body Detail
run time: 34:52
Pi-Yo Flow
run time: 33:54
BUILD: Upper Body Detail
run time: 30:33
BUILD: Deep Core + Balance Builders
run time: 34:54
L.I.S.S.: Flow + Let Go
run time: 31:23
Self-Care Session: What's Calling You?
run time: 03:21
Week 4
BUILD: Total Body 3
run time: 32:11
Interval: Build I.T.
run time: 30:59
BUILD: Total Body 1
run time: 34:59
Fusion Core Ball
run time: 31:58
BUILD: Total Body 2
run time: 31:05
M.I.S.S.: Cardio Steady
run time: 30:52
Self-Care Session: The 3Gs
run time: 05:13
Old 05-30-23, 10:15 AM  
michl43

Is lift & shift in the all access pass
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 11:22 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michl43 View Post
Is lift & shift in the all access pass
No, Lift & Shift is not.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 08:49 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I'm thinking highly of caving to get that VIPSPECIAL price.

But I have a couple questions:
-- Are these Build workouts different enough from the Strong and Centered series? I bought Strong and Centered and the walks are so repetitive, the strength workouts a bit repetitive, and the fusion workouts just weren't flowy enough for me.

--Are these new Build workouts repetitive in nature? I'm not a high rep fan nor a fan of just doing the same sets of exercises a few times.

Any other thoughts on the new Build workouts?

TIA!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 10:03 PM  
Floren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I'm thinking highly of caving to get that VIPSPECIAL price.

But I have a couple questions:
-- Are these Build workouts different enough from the Strong and Centered series? I bought Strong and Centered and the walks are so repetitive, the strength workouts a bit repetitive, and the fusion workouts just weren't flowy enough for me.

--Are these new Build workouts repetitive in nature? I'm not a high rep fan nor a fan of just doing the same sets of exercises a few times.

Any other thoughts on the new Build workouts?

TIA!
I caved and got the AAP for the Build workouts, and I’m glad I did!

Build is really different than Strong & Centered. Build strength sessions are less strenuous overall, but they are not “easy” per se. More isolation work, and less complex moves. Can choose higher weights to keep it challenging. Great to work on range of motion, and to fine tune form while building strength. A focus on building good foundations and supportive strength.

Build has lots of band work, and I don’t think I’ve seen any gliders. There seems to be less repetition of the same set of exercises in Build, but I have seen some high rep sections (I actually like repeated sets for strength).

There are a bunch of fusion sessions in Build. These are more like her past fusion options. Very enjoyable so far. The cardio options are much better in Build. Fresher, 30 minute sessions. Low and medium intensity options and one interval I think. The cardio in S&C was not my favorite. The core sessions in Build look good too, as do the self-care sessions.

I really liked S&C, and I really like Build so far too. Different purposes. Build is designed for when you want something a little less intense but still want good workouts. I’m used to working harder for strength, but my muscles still feel worked. It’s nice to have this less strenuous option, and I’m surprised that I can still feel good DOMS with a more moderate approach.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

TL;DR Get it!! You know you want to.
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 11:09 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I did too! I have made a lot of improvements doing Jules' strength work. It's deceptive though, because the workouts don't feel hard.

Carol
I work part time at an elementary school, and walk three hours a day. I watch the kids on the playground and cafeteria. Improved Health strength workouts worked well to add in after walking all day. Now that I’m on summer break, I can do a harder Jessica rotation. Next school year, I’ll probably do both, alternating during the week.
Old 05-31-23, 09:21 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
Hope this helps answer your questions.

TL;DR Get it!! You know you want to.
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for in terms of how this is different from S&C. I really appreciate you taking the time to break it down. Sounds like I'd enjoy the fusion in this series more. I'll have to sign up today to get that discount!

ED: The VIPSPECIAL code still worked in case anyone else was going to get in on the last day
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 03:05 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I've now done all three of the Total Body workouts in BUILD. I really like them, and I feel it! Jessica has some creative moves, unlike ones you typically find in DVDs and online workouts. I feel she is focusing on the smaller, intrinsic muscles. I absolutely love deadlifts, yet I am surprised at how I'm feeling it from the deadlift variations & hamstring-specific exercises she has in the Total Body workouts. Like - my hamstrings and glutes stay activated all day (helping my posture immensely) rather than accumulating DOMS from doing heavy, traditional deadlifts.
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith all access, jessica smith build, jessica smith seasons, jessica smith streaming