Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-23-23, 09:50 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaK View Post
I don't like the boring backgrounds either. I know the production quality isn't the best, but I think they should leave all of Meg's outside workouts on the site permanently. It's dumb to remove them after 14 days when people still want to do them.

There is just too much of a dread factor for the inside workouts.
I told them this exact same thing in the survey -- Meg's live workouts should be kept permanently. I'd much rather look at Costa Rica than that same blue couch in the Essentrics office or someone's blank wall.

If they are able to keep some of the live workouts from the Ages challenges, then why not keep Meg's workouts, you know?
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 10:45 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I only do the live workouts, prefer the variety of different instructors, new content, and fresh ideas for cuing my own classes. The plain backgrounds don’t bother me. I do wish they would leave the live workouts up permanently or at least for a few months. Two weeks isn’t long enough.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 02:32 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I think there was a certain novelty with the live workouts on ETV and even the 10 minute workouts on Facebook. It was a little peek into instructor's home and their "take" on Essentrics.

I would agree, though, that the live workouts have gotten a bit repetitive and the backgrounds boring. I was really excited to see "new" permanent content from Gail today, even though it was filmed back in 2019. I liked the professional production.

Since Meg is in Costa Rica, her workouts look like the Classical Stretch workouts Miranda has done.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 02:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I think there was a certain novelty with the live workouts on ETV and even the 10 minute workouts on Facebook. It was a little peek into instructor's home and their "take" on Essentrics.

I would agree, though, that the live workouts have gotten a bit repetitive and the backgrounds boring. I was really excited to see "new" permanent content from Gail today, even though it was filmed back in 2019. I liked the professional production.

Since Meg is in Costa Rica, her workouts look like the Classical Stretch workouts Miranda has done.
Yes, I agree the lives can get a bit repetitive, but the background doesn’t bother me as I’m focused on the instruction. It is nice to have a professional quality production, but for me it’s more about the quality of the instruction. I like to see different instructors like Ellen, Jenny, Julia, & Lauren. I especially like to hear different imagery cues and every instructor has their own style. I should revisit some the older Essentrics workouts like Stretch & Strength, Stretch Series Vol 1, & Body Sculpting Series Vols 1&2. I rarely do CS episodes, not my thing.

ETA But what I really like are in person classes. I was so happy to start teaching in person classes again and be a student in my friend’s classes

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 03-23-23, 03:05 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam;2994301

[B
ETA[/B] But what I really like are in person classes. I was so happy to start teaching in person classes again and be a student in my friend’s classes
Agreed! I wish I had someone's classes to go to locally. I'm about ready to get on an airplane to visit some friends.

ETA--I suppose we are limited in who can teach on ETV live, vs who can have permanent content filmed for ETV. Wider range of instructors for the live workouts.

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 03-23-23, 03:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Agreed! I wish I had someone's classes to go to locally. I'm about ready to get on an airplane to visit some friends.
Lol, you can come and visit me!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 03-23-23, 03:52 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I only do the live workouts, prefer the variety of different instructors, new content, and fresh ideas for cuing my own classes. The plain backgrounds don’t bother me. I do wish they would leave the live workouts up permanently or at least for a few months. Two weeks isn’t long enough.
I completely agree. I don't get bothered by the background. I care more about the workouts themselves. But I too wish they would leave all the live classes up in their library. There is no reason not to. I also filled out the survey and said exactly that.
Old 03-23-23, 03:57 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Lol, you can come and visit me!
Oh gosh! I'll be right there .

Old 03-24-23, 08:56 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I like the indoor workouts. The backgrounds are clean with little distractions (I think I've seen a plant or two get in the way) and I like the Montreal cityscape and stone buildings. But I've never thought about the background when choosing a workout.

I can't keep track of all the workouts and there have been some that I'd like to do more often. I especially like to repeat strength workouts because as I get more familiar with them, the harder I can work. I tend to back off when I don't know what's coming. And also, I'm beginning to think that some of the upper body strength moves are actually aggravating my neck trouble, so I'd prefer to stick with the "release" type workouts for the upper body.

I'd love to see the Desk Collection on a chaptered DVD.
Old 03-24-23, 10:24 AM  
anetta

The Aging Backwards 4 on ETV has outdoor workouts some of these look new to me.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
essentrics, etv