Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-23, 05:56 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Essentrics Instructors (other than Miranda or Sahra)

I've signed up for a month of Essentrics. I'll probably pick it up here and there for a month at a time if I like it.

I can find many threads that discuss Miranda and Sahra Esmonde-White. I can also find threads that discuss their dvds and programs.

I don't see much mention of instructors other than Miranda and Sahra.

Does anyone have any favorites? I'd like to sample the entire platform as much as possible during this month.

Thanks, Leslie
Old 03-07-23, 05:57 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

They are all great and bring their own version and flavor of Essentrics. I say sample them all!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-23, 06:04 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
They are all great and bring their own version and flavor of Essentrics. I say sample them all!
I agree. Additionally, they all have their own focus. I find Amanda does a lot of release workouts. Alexa moves faster. Gail and Meg seem to be solidly in the middle. But there is overlap, so maybe pick the type of workout first.

The site has workouts grouped by instructor, length, body part, goal. Pick a bunch of shorter ones and string them together. Have fun!
Old 03-07-23, 06:06 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

So. Many. Workouts.

I'll make sure to pick one workout from each.

I like the production values.
Old 03-07-23, 07:25 PM  
JanaK

Meg is my favorite. I think I have done all of her workouts.
Old 03-08-23, 03:26 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaK View Post
Meg is my favorite. I think I have done all of her workouts.
Mine also! I had a trial subscription, and she's my favorite. I believe that she's also on at least one of my DVDs also.
Old 03-08-23, 07:29 AM  
SEV

My favorites in order, Gail, Amanda, Meg and Sarah. I know all the instructors are good. For me it comes down to instruction style and music.

Try as many as you can. I usually know in the first few minutes if I like the instructor or not. There is so much variety that you will find some you click with.

With eccentrics, the music is a bigger factor for me than other workout styles. I don't know why I notice it more in eccentrics. A few days ago I wanted to try a different instructor, but it started with big band music and I stopped. Nothing wrong with big band music, I just don't like it for workouts.

Have fun exploring!

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 08:07 AM  
JanaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV View Post
My favorites in order, Gail, Amanda, Meg and Sarah. I know all the instructors are good. For me it comes down to instruction style and music.

Try as many as you can. I usually know in the first few minutes if I like the instructor or not. There is so much variety that you will find some you click with.

With eccentrics, the music is a bigger factor for me than other workout styles. I don't know why I notice it more in eccentrics. A few days ago I wanted to try a different instructor, but it started with big band music and I stopped. Nothing wrong with big band music, I just don't like it for workouts.

Have fun exploring!

Susan
Speaking of music, I like the music in the five new aging backwards 4 workouts. I wonder if the instructors pick their own music or is that something someone else does later when editing the videos.
Old 03-08-23, 08:56 AM  
Izzy

In no particular order my favorites or go to's are:

Gail, Amanda, Alexia, Meg and Sahra.
Old 03-08-23, 09:21 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaK View Post
Speaking of music, I like the music in the five new aging backwards 4 workouts. I wonder if the instructors pick their own music or is that something someone else does later when editing the videos.
For the live ETV classes instructors pick their own music from Audionetwork. I'm sure the same is true for permanent content. Music is a huge part of Essentrics and most instructors spend a great deal of time making their playlists.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
essentrics, essentrics instructors, essentrics tv