Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-23, 03:41 PM  
TinaT

JS Question

Is anyone still using Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 - 8 week set? I've had it a couple of times and really never given it a good try. I'm considering it again... I'd love to hear from those who have used it thoroughly. Why you do or don't use it.

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 04:56 PM  
bfit

I use this set all the time. I've never done a rotation with it or followed any kind of 8 week plan. I just choose individual workouts on it now and then. I do the Cardio Hit workout and the 15 minute add-ons the most.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 05:07 PM  
Gams

I only use Disc 2. I love Cardio Step Jam and I like Boogie IT and Cardio Hit! One of those two has the song September in it which Debbie mentions is a favorite of hers - me, too!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 05:14 PM  
sbh

I have had it twice now. Each time, even after modifying, it aggravated my low back. The last time was a doozy. I won't forget that anytime soon.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 05:47 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I mostly do the Tone and Flow, which I really like because it's so sunny in the background. Like others have said, some of these WS3 workouts aggravate my lower back and I have no idea why. I also really like the Cardio Sculpt and the 15 minute add ons disc, which you have the option of doing as "Play all," which is a great workout for a day with more time.

I'm not a Beth fan but I do enjoy her mom Debbie a lot, plus the sunny water with boats in the windows is always nice. I like that they are 30 minutes with warm up and stretching.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 06:49 PM  
TinaT

Is there any comparisons to this set and her Strong + Centered titles? Are they too much alike? Totally different?

Another question: which of JS titles offers the most compound moves? Doesn't have to be in the WS3 set. It can be any of her titles.

Thanks.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 06:55 PM  
donnamp

I have done bits and pieces of it as parts of her other rotations and I did enjoy the workouts that I did from the set, but I never did the full rotation.

I do have to be careful with Jessica's strength work - she does a lot of forward leaning stuff which can be hard on my back. I did get through her most recent set - (Centered and Strong - the one that came out last year) and those workouts were ok for my back, for some reason. I think it may be the slower tempo in those vs. her other series.

Also too much twisty stuff can aggravate my back - so i need to be careful with that as well.

I didn't get injured from these workouts, and it may be that I did them as stand alone workouts and not part of the WS 3.0 rotation.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 08:15 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Is there any comparisons to this set and her Strong + Centered titles? Are they too much alike? Totally different?

Another question: which of JS titles offers the most compound moves? Doesn't have to be in the WS3 set. It can be any of her titles.

Thanks.
Hmm, I think WS3 and S+C are different, I didn't find them too similar. I think S+C are slower and heavier weight workouts and WS3 have more variety. They complement each other in my opinion.

In terms of compound moves, S+C's Circuit DVD is primarily compound moves but some are heavier than her normal stuff. There's a metabolic workout on WS3 that is compound weights. I really like her WS2 Boost Metabolism and Muscle, it's 30 min upper/lower/total and has more of a cardio effect. WS1 I think has a Total Body Training that is compound moves. Her Get Strong DVD has a Stepping Strength that is compound moves with a few cardio blasts (not many). I like that one a lot since there's the ocean in the background!

I've done a lot of Jessica's workouts in the past couple of months since I tend to keep her workouts for my sunshine rotations to help me get through the winter. I've noticed that my balance has really improved over the past couple of months. I've really got to keep up doing her workouts!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 10:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I only use Disc 2. I love Cardio Step Jam and I like Boogie IT and Cardio Hit! One of those two has the song September in it which Debbie mentions is a favorite of hers - me, too!
Oh wow! Me too - which one???

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-23, 10:56 AM  
Gams

Carol - it’s in Boogie IT. It starts when there are 9 minutes left in the workout. It’s instrumental, unless you can hear me singing.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith favorites, walk strong 3