Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-24-23, 11:16 AM  
ChelePA

Surgery update on Cathe

Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for all of your support and well wishes as I continue to heal since having my rotator cuff repair surgery December 21st. This week I officially (and very excitedly &#128515 returned to the gym to coach my classes (except for kickboxing of course &#129354. I still need to wear this sling for most of the day (and always while I sleep) for a few more weeks.

As I’ve mentioned to some of you who have asked already, rotator cuff repair is a very slow healing surgery and it will take several months before I can workout with weights for my shoulder again. Good news is that one month is already done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Right now my physical therapy consists of range of motion exercises exclusively. No resistance bands or very lights weights will come into therapy until another month to two months.

So here I am coaching through my classes and I was very excited to atleast be able to participate in the final stretch (with balance assistance) 🥰. We had a blast…actually a leg blast 🔥😀.

Once I’m approved to remove my sling in a few weeks I plan to continue CatheLIVE as your “vocals only” coach. I’ll tell you what to do while all of you at home and in the house work together to reach your goals. I’ll announce when that starts as soon as I know more but in the meantime keep enjoying our pre-recorded express workouts every Thursday at 9:30am EST. Thanks Everyone 🤗
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-23, 12:37 PM  
Mickey12

Thanks for the information, Chele. I was looking yesterday for something on how Cathe was doing but didn't find any updates.
Old 01-24-23, 05:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, thank you for posting! It'll be interesting to see if she has anyone in the room demo-ing the moves for the workouts. Wow, Cathe... she really is the energizer bunny in human form!!
Old 01-24-23, 09:00 PM  
angie_nrs

I had no idea Cathe tore her rotator cuff. Those are painful surgeries to recover from. I wish her all the best.

Did she mention how she tore it?
Old 01-25-23, 12:01 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
I had no idea Cathe tore her rotator cuff. Those are painful surgeries to recover from. I wish her all the best.

Did she mention how she tore it?
It was in the other thread. She mentions an "old injury" she was working around and then the final straw was trying to open a stubborn jar lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
No, nothing about STS 2.0. I just saw this on Facebook so thought I'd post it here cause I know not everyone is on Facebook

Hi Cathletes! I just wanted to take a few minutes to update everyone on a little setback that I’ve had.
I’ve been dealing with some on and off shoulder/bicep pain for some time due to an old injury. I’ve been able to strategically work around it and rest it as much as possible in an attempt to get it to heal up on its own, but a recent struggle with a stubborn jar lid was the final straw and led to a pop, a burn and a trip to the surgeon. MRI showed a full tear of my left rotator cuff tendon as well as a partial tear at the top of my bicep tendon. A few days ago I went in for an arthroscopic rotator cuff repair. Rotator cuff repair surgery has a very long and slow recovery, but there was no choice at this point but to go ahead and get it fixed. All this being said, surgery went very well and I am home, healing and taking the time I need to recover. Knowing that I was going in for the repair and would then be out of commission for awhile, I pre-recorded 7 Express Cathe LIVE episodes (with modifications for my shoulder) so that we could continue to provide you with classes while I am recovering. These will be released each Thursday in our regularly scheduled time slot. After a rotator cuff repair it takes several months before the shoulder can really be used for much, so when I return to CatheLIVE after our pre-recorded episodes run out, I will be “coaching” our typical LIVE class as I continue to heal. So what does this mean moving forward? Simply continue to sign in and enjoy our regularly scheduled (currently pre-recorded) 9:30 AM EST Express CatheLIVE productions every Thursday morning for the next several weeks. After that we will transition back to our CatheLIVE classes as you know them with me coaching you every step of the way! But look out (wink), I’ve been told that when I coach my classes, I’m a wee bit harder than when I participate in them (he he he he heeeee!) I’ll be back my pretties! If you have any questions, please post them right here. And I’ll answer them as soon as I can.
[bolding mine]
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 11:38 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
It was in the other thread. She mentions an "old injury" she was working around and then the final straw was trying to open a stubborn jar lid.
Who else thinks twice before struggling with a jar lid now?? 😬😬

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 11:42 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Who else thinks twice before struggling with a jar lid now?? 😬😬
ME, ME, ME!!! Right?

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 08:46 AM  
angie_nrs

Thanks for the update Adawn.

When I walk the pup, I'm always afraid that she's going to pull one way while I'm not paying attention and leave me with a rotator cuff injury. So, I try to be vigilent while walking her b/c I can see how that could easily happen.

Even Cathe has to deal with injuries, so it just drives home the fact that even very fit people have to watch things more closely as they age. Sometimes just rolling to the side in bed can cause an injury. Although, I'm sure the more fit a person is, the less they have to deal with other chronic diseases. This whole 'getting older' thing sure isn't for sissies.

Tags
cathe, cathe injury, instructor injuries