Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-23, 11:47 AM  
cowfishpro

Talking Resurrecting Callanetics

Hello VF friends!

I haven’t posted in ages, but am alive and kicking.

Overall, I am in a very good place with my fitness. I have been following an eating plan that works for me, doing John Garey TV routines and practicing yoga with YogaDownload for the past years.

My weight, strength and mobility are very good. However, with age, I find it harder to keep muscle tone. I thought I would add Callanetics into the mix, and am already starting to tighten up after 8 Callanetics workout hours. Even my abs, which never seemed to benefit from Callanetics in the past have hints of tightening up.

I am hoping by keeping up with my Pilates and yoga, I won’t get bored or burned out on Callanetics. For now, the quick results are motivating me.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with a great group of people who I know will appreciate the reason for my enthusiasm.

Take care, and stay well!
Old 01-15-23, 11:52 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Welcome back!!

I've become a huge Callanetics fan myself (though admittedly for Lacey's more than Callan's workouts)! It just gets in there SO deep, doesn't it? Which ones are you doing?

Congrats on your quick results!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-23, 12:08 PM  
cowfishpro

Thanks, Kittybug.

I just started steaming and have been doing a mix of beginner and short segments from a variety of instructors to rebuild my stamina. It is amazing how quickly I am building strength and endurance, and even flexibility in different areas.

At the moment, I am working my way through Tone Zone. I like the moves with the paperplate because I can do adapted versions on my Pilates reformer. I am progressing to longer and more intense routines.

To be honest, I signed up for CTV out of curiosity and had cancelled, figuring that one month gave me a good amount of time to check out the offerings. However, CTV wooed me back by offering my next month at a 75% discount. So going into February, my subscription will cost me $2.50. They are strategic and know what they are doing. I am just now getting to the point that the I know the routines are definitely having an impact, and that I am not just imagining things. I am motivated to keep up the subscription.

Do have favorites of Lacy’s?

~T
Old 01-15-23, 12:09 PM  
cowfishpro

Good grief! I have to update my avatar. That photo is many years old.
Old 01-15-23, 12:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi T! I don’t do Callanetics right now, but I wanted to say welcome back!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-23, 12:28 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowfishpro View Post
Thanks, Kittybug.

I just started steaming and have been doing a mix of beginner and short segments from a variety of instructors to rebuild my stamina. It is amazing how quickly I am building strength and endurance, and even flexibility in different areas.

At the moment, I am working my way through Tone Zone. I like the moves with the paperplate because I can do adapted versions on my Pilates reformer. I am progressing to longer and more intense routines.

To be honest, I signed up for CTV out of curiosity and had cancelled, figuring that one month gave me a good amount of time to check out the offerings. However, CTV wooed me back by offering my next month at a 75% discount. So going into February, my subscription will cost me $2.50. They are strategic and know what they are doing. I am just now getting to the point that the I know the routines are definitely having an impact, and that I am not just imagining things. I am motivated to keep up the subscription.

Do have favorites of Lacy’s?

~T
I love the paper plate moves very much too and the way she does them so slowly and controlled. I'm doing DVDs only but sheesh, $2.50 is a screaming deal for streaming!

My favorites are currently Callanetics Extreme and Callanetics Countdown, the level three workout, but all of them are good. I have been trying to incorporate Callanetics twice per week but that's been down to one lately as I'm also putting in some Horizontal Conditioning. Too many workouts, too little time.

Prior to getting into Callanetics, I had been doing a LOT of barre type workouts (Leah's BB, Ballet Physique, Pure Barre, etc.) and swore shortly after starting Callanetics that yes, I was seeing changes. I'm positive you're not imagining anything!

Old 01-15-23, 12:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hi T - good to see you. i remember the "old" days when we had our faithful group of barre enthusiasts before it was fashionable to do so!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-23, 07:05 PM  
cowfishpro

Hi Pam! Are you still teaching yoga?

Kittybug, thanks for sharing. I have done Level 1 of 30DCD, and look forward to working up to level 3 and Extreme. It sounds like you are pretty advanced. Have you done Pure? I was curious what you thought about it. I haven't done that one one.

Hi Jeannine. Yes, I remember the Kiss my Peach check-in. LOL By the way, does Amy hang out on VF anymore?
Old 01-16-23, 12:11 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowfishpro View Post
Hi Jeannine. Yes, I remember the Kiss my Peach check-in. LOL By the way, does Amy hang out on VF anymore?
omg, your avatar is so cool! you've always been cool, but wow ooo la la!

I'm not sure if Amy is still around. Maybe someone might know? i remember we used to have a check-in here and on Ya's.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 11:02 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous picture in your avatar!

Hah, I wouldn't call myself advanced at anything...except maybe worrying? And yes, I do have and enjoy Pure and am trying to remember why I don't pull that one out as often....if I remember correctly, there's one more inner thigh exercise (the chair squeeze) tacked on at the end AFTER stretching with no further stretching and that just always felt odd to me. But I might be thinking of a different Callanetics DVD. I'll see if I can revisit Pure this week or next and let you know my thoughts for sure.

Tags
callanetics, callanetics extreme, callanetics results, callanetics rotation, callanetics streaming, lacey kondi