Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-22, 01:59 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I really enjoy Essentrics TV .
I currently subscribe to:
Ellen, EssentricsTV and Jessica Valent
Donna, you are tempting me with regards to the Essentrics TV, but that's a good thing! I did a trial a year or so ago, I believe. I really enjoyed it, but I wasn't financially ready to stream anything back then. I'm still undecided, since like you, I believe that I have all of the DVDs.

I've enjoyed Jessica Valant on YouTube. I believe that it was you who told me about her. I'll look into that one as well, but Essentrics is tempting me for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I asked how long you'll be paying $99 for a subscription and the response I received was
Wow! Thank you for sharing.
Old 10-22-22, 12:25 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Donna, you are tempting me with regards to the Essentrics TV, but that's a good thing!.
Seconding streaming Essentrics TV, even though I owned most on DVD. I find that I do them more often and I also enjoy the live workouts (even though I never actually do them "live"). I buy my membership during their yearly sale at the end of the year, which is discounted. It's my Christmas present from my family since they never can figure out (or get it together) to buy me!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-22, 04:59 PM  
Leonana

Even though I already own everything, I went ahead and got it. Most of my Jessica workouts are on dvds and I find I prefer digital. It’s more convenient to access. Now I have everything in one spot which I like.
Old 10-23-22, 03:05 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Seconding streaming Essentrics TV, even though I owned most on DVD. I find that I do them more often and I also enjoy the live workouts (even though I never actually do them "live"). I buy my membership during their yearly sale at the end of the year, which is discounted. It's my Christmas present from my family since they never can figure out (or get it together) to buy me!
Lori, you're tempting me also, but in a good way! If I do decide on it, I'll wait for the sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Even though I already own everything, I went ahead and got it. Most of my Jessica workouts are on dvds and I find I prefer digital. It’s more convenient to access. Now I have everything in one spot which I like.
I like that also.
Old 10-23-22, 10:50 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
If the price goes up dramatically next year, say to $199 or whatever, I'm quite sure that I won't renew the streaming. This year will be it.

I can't remember where I read, was it here, or in one of her emails, or maybe on her site, about how to download the DVDs, so that I can hopefully, at least own some of them, or the ones that I love? Does anyone have any idea as to how to download some? I remember reading that they do take up a considerable amount of memory.

If the price remains roughly the same, I will continue to subscribe to streaming. Jessica and Ellen are the only ones that I stream. I did consider Classical Stretch/Essentrics, but I have pretty much every single DVD.
Negin - usually when you download a video for offline viewing thru a streaming service, you don't really own it. And you can't keep it. You are basically accessing them via the app. When you stop your subscription, the downloads vanish. I hope that helps with your decision!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-22, 12:50 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Negin - usually when you download a video for offline viewing thru a streaming service, you don't really own it. And you can't keep it. You are basically accessing them via the app. When you stop your subscription, the downloads vanish. I hope that helps with your decision!
So, even though I'm now downloading them onto Purple Player, if I eventually stop my subscription, the downloads will vanish?
Old 10-23-22, 01:00 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
So, even though I'm now downloading them onto Purple Player, if I eventually stop my subscription, the downloads will vanish?
I think so - unless you actually buy the video you are downloading.

It makes sense, since there would be no point in having a recurring subscription - you would pay the $99 and own the whole library and never have to sign up again. So I think the download is only available as long as you pay the $99/year OR buy the individual video you want to own.

That is my guess anyway.

I'm still tempted to sign up for the convenience of having everything in one place.....and digital - so much easier than hunting down a DVD these days!

But i do own 99% of her content already!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-22, 10:55 AM  
fanofladyvols

I also asked how long the offer lasts

When I asked when the $99 special expired this is the response I received:

Quote:
The $99 offer ends 11/15/22. After 11/15 the pricing goes to $149
until 1/1, when the pricing will then be $199 for the rest of 2023.
Just thought I'd share what I learned.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-22, 12:06 PM  
star117

also from today's email:

DON'T MISS OUR BONUS THANK YOU GIFT!
And, for those who own most of our library already (on digital or DVD) we are offering a special gift to you as well as a THANK YOU for all of your purchases! For a limited time, we're sharing two never-before-released bonus workouts (co-starring Debbie :-) not available for sale with you for FREE, whether you decide to get the All Access Pass or not!

You can "buy" (they will be added to your cart for $0) the two workouts using the below links to access each workout's detail page to learn more or purchase (please note you will need to add each workout to your cart individually). Scroll down this page to find the ‘special gift’ section to find the sessions.

This special price for the "All Access Pass" and the free THANK YOU bonus workouts will only be available until November 15th, so please don't wait! (If purchased prior to 11/15, these bonus workouts will remain in your library, they just won't be available for 'purchase' after this date).
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 09:28 PM  
sillygirl

Does anyone know if Jessica stated she will add new workouts to the All-Access Pass on a regular basis? I have all her DVDs but would consider the subscription if she adds a workout once a month like Ellen.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith all access, jessica smith streaming, purple player