Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-22, 12:51 PM  
Negin

Donna, I liked a few of the Lively Ladies routines - liked them, but didn't love them. I haven't tried her in a while, and may give her a try again. So many choices !
Old 10-19-22, 07:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

If I knew Jessica was going to continue to put up easier workouts with her mom, I would subscribe even though I already have almost everything she has ever released. At my age, easier workouts are attractive and I love Jessica!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 09:42 PM  
SEV

If I didn't already own several of Jessica's digital workouts I would definitely subscribe. Thanks for the info on the free workouts! I think from Lori? I did the ABC one this morning. If you have the time it makes a great warm up.

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-22, 10:37 PM  
bjones

Its great to see Debbie again, especially since she and I are about the same age (65.) Those workouts can definitely be increased in intensity with heavier weights and some more advanced mods Jessica demonstrates. You can't beat 2 free 30 minute workouts especially with that nice floor to ceiling window and ocean background!!!
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 04:22 AM  
Negin

If the price goes up dramatically next year, say to $199 or whatever, I'm quite sure that I won't renew the streaming. This year will be it.

I can't remember where I read, was it here, or in one of her emails, or maybe on her site, about how to download the DVDs, so that I can hopefully, at least own some of them, or the ones that I love? Does anyone have any idea as to how to download some? I remember reading that they do take up a considerable amount of memory.

If the price remains roughly the same, I will continue to subscribe to streaming. Jessica and Ellen are the only ones that I stream. I did consider Classical Stretch/Essentrics, but I have pretty much every single DVD.
Old 10-21-22, 04:26 AM  
Negin

Answering my own question here. I believe that this was it.

"Do you want to download your favorite programs? Stream on your laptop?

Need to access offline? Download our player app to download selected videos (we don’t recommend downloading the entire library all at once due to space limitations) to save for offline viewing. Please make sure you have enough space on your device for the download to complete. Some of our complete programs can require as much as 5-7 GB of disk space."

I'll ask my husband later. He's good with all that stuff.
Old 10-21-22, 07:52 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
one of the things I liked about Pahla when I was in the mood for it was her talking - it was always positive and made me smile. That is interesting - I wonder if she hurts herself w/ her own workouts? I think variety is one of the keys to avoiding injury.
Donna, thought I should mention that I just did one of Pahla's most recent strength workouts. I really wanted to like it, but I realized that I can't. She talks far too much, even more than I remember her in the older ones. Like you, I love how positive and energetic she is, but it's all too much for me. I chose to unsubscribe. I already have so many options and choices - Ellen Barrett, Jessica Smith, and countless others.
Old 10-21-22, 01:48 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
For the two new ones with Debbie, I just added them to my cart since they were free and did the regular checkout process. Then I went to my library (I bought the most recent ones digitally) and they are there. Totally free. For kicks, I also added the free 15 minute walk from Walk On and boom it's my library now too (handy for traveling).
Thank you for mentioning these. I hadn't seen them on the site but was able to add them to my cart/library after making an account. I've been enjoying some of Jessica's YouTube workouts and look forward to trying these out.

I'm not sure about streaming. I'm doing fine with my DVDs and YouTube, but $99 for a year seems reasonable. So far, this has been the most tempting streaming offer for me since I don't have all of Jessica's DVDs and her workouts have been motivating me lately.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 02:06 PM  
donnamp

Negin -I don't mean to enable or tempt you -but I really enjoy Essentrics TV - even though I have almost everything they released on DVD. The live classes are worth it to me to keep the subscription. They also seem to have regular monthly challenges - the challenges typically are for 2 weeks and they remain available on the site so you don't have to do them in real time.

Definitely worth it for me!

From what I understood from Jessica's site - the $99 is a lifetime price, so as long as you renew next year it will be $99. I hope I'm correct in that.

I currently subscribe to:

Ellen, EssentricsTV and Jessica Valent

If I didn't own virtually all of Jessica Smith's content, I would probably subscribe....

I tried a Pahla workout back in the spring. I still like her, but I don't want to risk my back and hip pain returning!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 09:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

I emailed about subscription price..

I asked how long you'll be paying $99 for a subscription and the response I received was

Quote:
Yes, the $99 will be locked in and your subscription will renew at that price.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith all access, jessica smith streaming, purple player