Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Anyone starting a checkin thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
I can start a check-in but I can’t start until week of June 5
I just posted a NEW STS Check-in thread in Challenges and Check-ins for anyone that can join me this week. And, those that are waiting on User's Guides or finishing up rotations, please join me when you can!

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=234324

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 04:33 PM  
counterclockwise

Thanks! See you guys next week!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 07:00 AM  
owltx

Does anyone know if she is planning on adding dynamic workout cards w/ to the workout manager, a la STS or Xtrain w/ 1 rpm? I couldn't remember is that was planned - really helps me push myself up on weights if the workout manager is calculating it for me.
Old 05-30-23, 08:49 PM  
bjones

I think I remember early on she said she was not planning to do that, but that you were to push yourself to near failure instead. In other words, you'll have to figure it out as you do it over time.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 08:05 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
I think I remember early on she said she was not planning to do that, but that you were to push yourself to near failure instead. In other words, you'll have to figure it out as you do it over time.
Thanks. Guess it is pen and paper for me.
Old 05-31-23, 02:18 PM  
ChelePA

For those on Facebook, Cathe is asking for feedback on any of the total body workouts.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 06:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
For those on Facebook, Cathe is asking for feedback on any of the total body workouts.
I saw her post along with all the raves that followed (I didn’t read them all, but scanned through maybe half). If she really wanted honest feedback she would come to this site. I think she wants positive feedback. Nope not participating there.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 06:28 PM  
gigi

What I previewed looks pretty good. I'm in the 4th week of an 8 week program on youtube so I won't be able to do these for a while. I like the less and slower reps with rest so one can go as heavy as possible at home. I think Cathe could have done better than elevator music though.
Old 05-31-23, 07:15 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

It was too late for me to comment on her thread, but I didn’t disagree with most of the posters. I really enjoyed all of the total body workouts. I was skeptical that I could do 3 of them in a week, especially lifting heavy, but the are well designed to go together. No one of them will wipe you out, but at the end of the week, you’ve lifted quite a bit.

I almost didn’t get this set because I prefer shorter workouts these days, but these fly by. I think the longer rest segments remove any dread factor.

I liked the music, but it sounds like I’m in the minority among VFers on that. I’m not overly hard to please on that front.

Also, I LOVE deadlifts, so you’ll never hear a complaint from me about that. There are other moves I struggle with due to past injuries (mostly concerning biceps and triceps) so when those come up I just use some go to substitutes I’ve learned over time.

Overall, the total body workout phase of this set is a huge winner from my perspective. I have done the other phases, so reserve judgment on those.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 07:56 AM  
owltx

As an FYI - if you are one of the ones that had the glitch issue with Total Body Stretch: I emailed customer service and they will be sending me a new disc. It will be a little while (a couple of months maybe) because they actually have to wait on a new batch, but that's fine (for me). I am happy about how they handled it and that they are making things right. I feel bad that they have to bear the brunt of the additional shipping, etc, as a small business. I am really glad I will be getting a new disc because I really did like this stretch. So be sure to email customer service if you have a glitchy disc!

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar