Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-21, 11:33 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I think what she meant - and correct me if I'm wrong - that we take so many things for granted and when we get ill, we realize just what's really important in life.
I can understand that. Thank you.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
Old 08-25-21, 05:39 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I think it's sad, however I will jump in to say that I knew this man in the past. Not only personally but also professionally. That "before" picture of him was him in his 30's. He's now in his mid to late 50's. That's not what has happened to him since he got covid. He had some injuries since the "before" picture was taken that has affected his physique, and some other things he did in his younger days that he admits to, which could have affected his health to begin with.

I do think covid can have some bad affects, however I want to make sure the air is cleared that this did not strike down a man that looked like that, into the man he is now. That picture is a promo picture from his EAS/Body for Life days.

I do wish him well on his healing journey. I am not trying to diminish where he is now, but I was shocked that they were holding up that picture as the "before" as if that's what he looked like in May.

Please don't shout me down. I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that you can't compare a picture of someone 20 years ago to what they look like now, covid or not.
Thank you for that information. I would have not known. The tweet is not surprisingly deceptive and of course is very political stating he looks like this because of not wanting to get the vax.
Old 08-25-21, 07:49 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Thank you for that information. I would have not known. The tweet is not surprisingly deceptive and of course is very political stating he looks like this because of not wanting to get the vax.
It wasn't completely deceptive, as a more recent picture was posted, and it was still a big difference in appearance. He was very fit for his age. However, I agree they should have used the more recent picture.
Old 08-26-21, 06:17 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
It wasn't completely deceptive, as a more recent picture was posted, and it was still a big difference in appearance. He was very fit for his age. However, I agree they should have used the more recent picture.
I just looked up the picture because Bill looked older than the BFL days and it turns out that the poc they used is not that old. The full pic says he is 50 years old.when he was taken. You can see by his face and hair it is not from 20 years ago.
https://billphillipsnews.com/2015/12...ore-to-afters/

It was promotional material from a newer book.
Old 08-26-21, 08:38 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I think it's sad, however I will jump in to say that I knew this man in the past. Not only personally but also professionally. That "before" picture of him was him in his 30's. He's now in his mid to late 50's. That's not what has happened to him since he got covid. He had some injuries since the "before" picture was taken that has affected his physique, and some other things he did in his younger days that he admits to, which could have affected his health to begin with.

I do think covid can have some bad affects, however I want to make sure the air is cleared that this did not strike down a man that looked like that, into the man he is now. That picture is a promo picture from his EAS/Body for Life days.

I do wish him well on his healing journey. I am not trying to diminish where he is now, but I was shocked that they were holding up that picture as the "before" as if that's what he looked like in May.

Please don't shout me down. I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that you can't compare a picture of someone 20 years ago to what they look like now, covid or not.
That picture was him at 50. So, a 6 year difference.

A life-threatening bout of COVID absolutely can age you quite dramatically, both on the outside and inside.
Old 08-26-21, 08:50 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

It's clear he was a vey sick man if he had to be hospitalized for two months. I wish him and his family the very best. Not sure his life will ever be the same, but at least he's still here.
Old 08-26-21, 09:36 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat58 View Post
i hope he feels better soon and doesn't have any complications.
+1 🙏

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 08-26-21, 09:44 AM  
amoodygirl

This article was posted yesterday from The Sacramento Bee. I just pray he doesn't become a Covid long hauler. Just shows me that the virus doesn't discriminate - no matter how fit its victim. I lost my cousin to Covid last November - she did everything right but the maintenance people in her building knowingly had Covid and wouldn't wear masks. We found this out after she passed.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...253708748.html

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
Old 08-26-21, 10:31 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
This article was posted yesterday from The Sacramento Bee. I just pray he doesn't become a Covid long hauler. Just shows me that the virus doesn't discriminate - no matter how fit its victim. I lost my cousin to Covid last November - she did everything right but the maintenance people in her building knowingly had Covid and wouldn't wear masks. We found this out after she passed.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...253708748.html

Unfortunately, all Covid posts eventually get political. I'm sorry about your cousin. However, I don't believe wearing a cloth mask makes any real difference in the spread of the virus. A cloth mask only helps if one sneezes or coughs into the mask to stop the water droplets from spraying directly onto others. Most people probably pull the mask down when they cough or sneeze because they don't want to wear a wet mask.

We don't know what type of medical treatment Bill has received, many liberal doctors refuse to provide treatments based primarily on their political beliefs. Best practice is for each of us to do the research on available treatments and discuss treatment options with our doctors before getting the virus.

We also don't know if Bill had any types of deficiencies. Many people are low in zinc and D3. These have been proven through testing to help reduce symptoms of Covid. We don't know what precautionary measures (if any) he took to build up his immune system.

Sadly, I will probably get some negative feedback from my post and there will probably be people that no longer want to associate with me. However, I am going to speak the truth as I see it.

I've read posts here in this forum where pro-maskers have wanted to inflict violence by slapping people that don't wear masks. Many in this group do not believe in allowing others to have a differing opinion. There is no free discourse. That's another reason to stay away from posting threads about Covid. It creates too much disharmony. Instead of building up relationships, it tears people apart.
Old 08-26-21, 10:45 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
That's another reason to stay away from posting threads about Covid. It creates too much disharmony. Instead of building up relationships, it tears people apart.
Well, one should heed one's own advice. I wasn't making this political whatsoever but you just did. This virus has nothing to do with politics whatsoever.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19