Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-24-21, 05:18 PM  
sherry7899

I looked up Ryka Devotion on Amazon a few hours ago. They were out of stock in my size . I am going to check on other sites.

Thank you for all the suggestions.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 05:22 PM  
ncl

I like my Allbirds Tree Runners. I had the same issue that none of my workout shoes were great for walking. These are comfy with a bit of cushion without being overly fussy or too much padding. They are also lightweight.
Mine are a nice purple color.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 07:50 PM  
BunnyHop

Oh, and yeah, I've got some Ryka Devotion shoes too. They were literally my all day shoes for a good many years once I realized I wasn't all that thrilled with the other walking shoes I'd been wearing.

I think it's sometimes just about who's got a good shoe sized and shaped to fit your foot right when you need to buy shoes.

I quit New Balance, Reebok, Asics Gel Kayano, mostly because I was trying to get away from the orthopedic looking, blocky walking shoe style that the plantar fasciitis I'd had limited me to for so long. They aren't bad shoes, I just want something that looks a bit more nimble.

The Ryka Devotion seem to be a good choice for me, but when I got my Hoka One One's just recently I was doing what I could to get away from the mesh uppers style. That's fine when weather is dry and warm, but wet and cold? Not so great. Guess maybe I have more trouble with cold feet than I used to??

I am, generally speaking, a fan of Ryka. Their wide shoes fit me just perfectly in my actual size, so I wish they made dressier shoes so I could have more options, LOL!

My wide forefoot/narrow heel does seem to drive my selections.
Old 03-24-21, 07:57 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I also looked up those Ryka Devotions after reading this thread and on zappos they get some pretty bad reviews..... sounds like they start falling apart fairly quickly. Tugger, you haven't experienced this?
Old 03-24-21, 08:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

DH & I go for short walks around the neighborhood (30-40 minutes). We both wear our "garden" shoes, which we got from Target years ago but which are very similar to classic Crocs. They are very comfortable (with or without socks) and have held up for well over 10 years! They would not be good in snow or rain though.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 11:53 PM  
Tugger31

I initially bought my Ryka's when I saw Cathe and her crew wearing them in some video series a long time ago. I rotate a few different pairs of shoes, but so far my Rykas have held up well.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 05:26 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I also like Ryka's Devotion Plus 2 walking shoe. I buy a couple of pairs at a time, so I won't be without them. I have not had any troubles with them falling apart.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 05:49 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

I walk in running shoes. I am using Hoka Bondi's (now using version 7) and New Balance 1080's (presently using newest version). Whatever shoes I am running in, I use for walking and they are perfect. I cannot walk in "walking shoes"?? Very strange.
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 06:25 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I also prefer a running shoe, something light and streamlined with good heel cushioning. Just bought a new pair of Reeboks & I’ve also had good luck with Asics & Saucony in the past. I do a lot of walking and hiking & find it important to replace my shoes regularly or my feet get cranky.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 07:47 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you! I may have a pair of Saucony shoes I put away for the future. I am going to see if u can find them and test them out.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoes, sneakers, walking shoes