Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-03-20, 08:52 AM  
muggle

I use my walls as much as I can, such as coat racks (with hooks) for bands, loops, boxing gloves, weight lifting gloves etc. I also try to safely stack things where I can. This has helped me to create as much floor space as possible
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:01 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I use my walls as much as I can, such as coat racks (with hooks) for bands, loops, boxing gloves, weight lifting gloves etc. I also try to safely stack things where I can. This has helped me to create as much floor space as possible
That is a great idea!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:17 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

I too have a small space in the basement. I hang tubing, bands, stretch straps across the weight rack and have a plastic tub for ankle weights, medicine balls, yoga blocks. We have a small cabinet where I store shoes, workout clothes and my yoga mat. The full size step, barbell and mini-step get stacked/propped in the corner. I have to put all my weights back in the rack in order to be able to stretch completely out. It's a pain but at least it's MY space.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:23 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Sherry, this link in particular is fantastic!!
Old 12-03-20, 10:19 AM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Does the room double as a living room/family room? If it does, you can store some things under the couch. An ottoman with a lid would be a good place to store things also.
Sherry, yes, the room will double as a living/family room right as you walk in. It's a small two-story townhome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I use my walls as much as I can, such as coat racks (with hooks) for bands, loops, boxing gloves, weight lifting gloves etc.
This is a great idea....and I completely forgot about my boxing gloves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
I too have a small space in the basement. I hang tubing, bands, stretch straps across the weight rack and have a plastic tub for ankle weights, medicine balls, yoga blocks. We have a small cabinet where I store shoes, workout clothes and my yoga mat. The full size step, barbell and mini-step get stacked/propped in the corner. I have to put all my weights back in the rack in order to be able to stretch completely out. It's a pain but at least it's MY space.
Yes!! I am super excited about this move so that's what I keep telling myself. There has to be a sacrifice and I'm still going to be able to make it work, I just have to make the most of it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
Sherry, this link in particular is fantastic!!
I agree...I love the mirrors idea!

Thanks all! I did a little practicing this morning, reducing my space in what I have. I'll just have to go more vertical than horizontal when doing cardio. Lol.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 10:19 AM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Julie, you are welcome!
Does the room double as a living room/family room? If it does, you can store some things under the couch. An ottoman with a lid would be a good place to store things also.
Sherry, I forgot to say...that is a great idea storing things under the couch! I'm so not creative!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Old 12-03-20, 12:37 PM  
Mickey12

Jewels5 I work out in my living room. I understand not wanting the area that people see first thing when they enter your home to look like a workout room, but I decided long ago that having a place to do workouts is super important to me. If that's the only place I can do it and keep my stuff handy, then people will just have to be ok with that. So I have all my DVDs, my step, bosu, and weights in the room (along with a treadmill - which might be too much for most people, but we don't get a lot of guests, and like I said, it's more important to me that I have a treadmill near a TV than whether people think it's proper to be in the living room).

I hide my yoga mats under the couch and tubing and med balls in the cabinet under the TV. So, not sure if that gives you any solace, but that's what I do.
Old 12-03-20, 01:28 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Jewels5 I decided long ago that having a place to do workouts is super important to me.

So, not sure if that gives you any solace, but that's what I do.
Kim, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love this! And I'm just like you...having a workout space is super important to me, and in fact, is my oasis. So yes, this did give me solace. I rarely have guests anyway, and I got to thinking...my workout room is always everyone's favorite when they see my home! So now they'll have the option of actually sitting in it when I offer the high step, low step, or stability ball for places to sit. LOL

Old 12-03-20, 02:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Back when I had to hide all my equipment, I used the under the couch approach AND behind the couch. So it was slightly pulled away from the wall..no one ever knew the gobs of stuff I hid back there

I have seen beautiful room dividers in fabric that matches curtains hiding equipment in a corner of a room.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 03:59 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

When we lived in a smaller house I hid my weights, step, and workout stuff in a corner and put a screen in front of it. . I put the lighter things in a tote so it was easier to pull out.

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-rdba3614.html
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
small space, workout rooms, workout space