Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-20, 09:04 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

One of the big name gyms in my community has had problems with employees having inappropriate contact with clients in the massage room and the child care facility. One man just got sentenced yesterday. Who wants to deal with that? The gym btw did not inform members until the court case forced them to.
Old 06-19-20, 07:30 AM  
killoffsonny

A pilates instructor at my gym said that 24 hour fitness closed two of the larger gyms in my area. The one by me is opening June 29. The YMCA in my area is closed except for children's day camps. There won't be any other options soon. My gym is doing ok. Gradually adding classes back in but we have to call and reserve a spot. The cardio machines have every other one blocked off and we are to wipe them down before and after which I always did anyway. There is a barre studio not far from me that opened back up but only with four at a time in the room. Its not been good for the fitness industry.
Old 06-19-20, 10:05 AM  
VainJane

This is really sad for Jari, but at least she already has a customer base built up for her video workouts, so she'll fare much better than gym/studio owners whose workouts have only been in person before COVID-19.

I stopped going to gyms years ago. I'm really sensitive to smells, and even the fancy gyms I've tried out in my area smelled bad to me. Plus, whenever I went on a treadmill, there would always be a sweaty man picking one right next to me, even if there were several empty ones in a row. Incredibly gross.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 02:47 PM  
warriorprincess

I've been taking dance classes for years, okay decades. The studio I usually go to has closed. I don't think any of the local dance instructors are holding classes yet. It was hard enough for them to make a living before.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 11:01 AM  
wendug

Some gyms are getting creative on how to open up safely. This gym in California has an interesting solution-

https://www.glamour.com/story/these-...tm_source=digg
Old 06-20-20, 11:45 AM  
Nelly G

[QUOTE=VainJane Plus, whenever I went on a treadmill, there would always be a sweaty man picking one right next to me, even if there were several empty ones in a row. Incredibly gross.[/QUOTE]

This above is one of the reasons I do not like to go to the gym. I attrack too a lot of sweaty men. And they start to talk to me. If I workout I do not like to talk to a sweaty man next too me. That is not relaxing. I really love my own gymroom with my dvds. My husband leaves me alone when I am working out and he does not sweat and do not smell bad.

Also if I do a step wrong because I am tired there is no remark of the person in a lesson or nobody in a class to close to me. I think we are all fortunate to have our own space to workout.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-20, 02:00 PM  
hypnomoon

((I was so grossed out when I watched a youtuber say she was always 'commando' in the gym and didn't care what people thought about it. Not like I want to sit on a machine after another person used it like that....))

I don't get why anyone would feel 'cool' about bragging about that!

Our 24Hour Fitness is opening back up and hasn't been cut....yet. I think they are hoping someone comes in and buys them out. I don't see them being here in the long term.

My husband has been a member since the our town's opened up. He loved it. But, he won't be running back to it even though it opens up tomorrow. He is leery about how they will keep it clean and the clientele will be about being respectful with distancing and cleaning up after themselves. He said he might go see what their protocol will look like but, I'm not too hopeful. The folks that they hire are there to be fitness instructors are sales people. I don't think they will take kindly to be the cleaning crew.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, gym, gyms, jari love