Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-18, 04:22 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I remembered someone posted the listing for the 1900 series years ago. I did a google search and found it.
Quickly looking at your list, I couldn't help editing

INNER THIGHS BACK TO THE GROUND
PECTORALS MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY
OBLIQUES, I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU
QUADRICEPS BACK IN THE CIRCUS
GLUTEUS ALFIE and GLUTEUS JENNY
ABDOMINALS, LEAVE YOUR HAT ON
PECTORALS, YOU'RE ALL I NEED
ABDOMINALS, WHAT'S GOING ON?
INNER THIGHS CAUGHT UP USHER
OBLIQUES RIDING TO VANITY FAIR
OUTER THIGHS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?
INNER THIGHS FLY LIKE A BIRD
DELTOIDS, THE THRILL IS GONE
OBLIQUES CALL OFF THE SEARCH
PECTORALS LANDED
GLUTEUS YOU AIN'T DOWN HOME
HAMSTRINGS SPEAK LOW
GLUTEUS WAVE
OUTER THIGHS, THE THRILL IS GONE
ABDOMINALS, I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME
GLUTEUS IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE
WARM-UP LIKE A LOVER
COOL-DOWN BLOWER'S DAUGHTER
INNER THIGHS, IT HAD TO BE YOU
Old 03-20-18, 04:31 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Which is the one with the Mediterranean villa background?
I call that the Ricky Ricardo Tropicana Workout.
Old 03-20-18, 07:28 PM  
winnie_p
VF Supporter

I have loved every one of these workouts that I have tried. I'm so glad I finally took the Margaret Richard plunge thanks to this thread. She is different from anything else in my collection--such graceful, calming energy.
winnie_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
I’m doing an Unplugged episode daily and will do so until I run out and then I’m moving on to the rest of her workouts. I have almost every one. I will post my results/thoughts after I finish the Unplugged series 2000 sometime next month.
Any thoughts/results to report?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 09:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie_p View Post
I have loved every one of these workouts that I have tried. I'm so glad I finally took the Margaret Richard plunge thanks to this thread. She is different from anything else in my collection--such graceful, calming energy.
Isn't she awesome?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 11:15 PM  
OSusanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Any thoughts/results to report?
Sorry for the late reply. I tried to reply on my ipad and it kicked me out both times yesterday.

So I counted all my MR workouts on all the dvds that I have. I have everyone except Maggie and Raising the Bar. If I counted correctly, I have close to 90 MR workouts in total. So I decided that I would start with the Unpluggeds and move on through them.

I started a MR workout each day in late January with the Unplugged series 1900. I get about 6 workouts in a week this way. I did all of the 1900 series, and then all 4 workouts on Perfect 10 twice and then now I'm into Unplugged 2000 series. I just finished my 46th workout today.

Some observations:

1. I am still the same size but my rear is higher for sure. My arms are firmer and more defined. My SI joint is less painful. I think I might be holding some water still - I'm about 8 weeks in now. I blame weight training in general because it causes me great hunger always. I'm going to stick with it, though and hopefully it will even out a bit.

2. The Unpluggeds are not easier but they are set up so that there are fewer muscle groups worked per day and this shaves off 3-5 minutes or so from her normal 1/2 hour workouts. One major benefit of the Unpluggeds is that the DOMS can be parceled out a bit each day so that I'm not in agony overall. That certainly has helped with consistency.

3. Her viewpoint is that muscle groups should be worked every three days. When I follow the Unpluggeds one right after the other, I get at most 3 days per week of working a muscle and most of the time it's the triceps. She loves her triceps! Most other groups get 2 sessions a week of attention if I stick to my 6 day a week schedule.

4. After 46 sessions together I still like her. I like her mellow non-frantic pace. When I am done, I feel worked.

5. I'm in less pain overall in my back and neck. I think her warm ups and cool downs and stretches are quite effective.

6. I've upped my weights a little since starting. For all lower body work, I use 3lb (sometimes 5lb) leg weights and then for glutes I lay 10 lbs across my hips. I think that's helped some.

7. She doesn't breathe too hard but I do. If you're using heavy enough weight you would be breathing hard.

8. She does pushups for pectorals and I'm still working on doing those.

I still rave and recommend.
OSusanna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-18, 07:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Susanna, thanks for your response! Those are very nice results, good for you. That's great that you've been doing MR 6 days a week for 6 weeks or so and still enjoy working out with her. I did her workouts for a few months several years back but haven't been consistent with her since then. I really need to get back to that. The unpluggeds are so easy to fit in on a daily basis.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 04:52 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the 50% off sale is still going on - i thought i was going to order unplugged 1900 or 2000, but ended up ordering these DVDs:

Perfect 10 vol 1 & 2
Getting Better & Muscle & Strength combo
My Body of Work - the one based on her Unplugged 1900 & 2000

i had The Classics in my cart but removed it - i want to start with these and then i'll consider getting The Classics at a later sale in the future.

This is my very first foray into MR. i've been put off by her high prices for many years, and have never seen her show. according to her website, the PBS station in our state doesn't air her show, but i'm going to check anyway just in case.

i've been watching all of the clips on her site, and i'm drawn to the older videos. it reminds me so much of The Firm! some of the DVDs i ended up getting are a good mix of her vintage and "newer" workouts.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 06:41 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
This is my very first foray into MR. i've been put off by her high prices for many years, and have never seen her show. according to her website, the PBS station in our state doesn't air her show, but i'm going to check anyway just in case.

i've been watching all of the clips on her site, and i'm drawn to the older videos. it reminds me so much of The Firm! some of the DVDs i ended up getting are a good mix of her vintage and "newer" workouts.
This was me exactly . I'm hoping to start her workouts in the next few months.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 10:42 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
This was me exactly . I'm hoping to start her workouts in the next few months.
bubbles - which one(s) do you own, and did you get anything at this latest sale? do tell!

i did a VF search and made an excel tally of everyone's favorites, sorted the votes, and then watched the clips.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting better, margaret richard, margaret richard rotation, margaret richard sale, unplugged