check out Linda Wooldridge sizing it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg8KUgX90WM

not bad at all
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 06:19 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

She's got moves!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 07:42 AM  
suzannaerin

Talk about unaffected. I really dig her style. I’m doing her drop sets DVDs now and am loving them. Wish she’d do another pure strength series without compound moves or anything complicated.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 09:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

How cute! She's so adorable and likeable, I really want to love her workouts but they are just too many reps and exercises for one body part, they feel endless to me.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 12:08 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
How cute! She's so adorable and likeable, I really want to love her workouts but they are just too many reps and exercises for one body part, they feel endless to me.
I’m with you but been forcing myself to do her workouts more consistently given the glowing reviews. She sure looks cute dancing!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 12:51 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I’m with you but been forcing myself to do her workouts more consistently given the glowing reviews. She sure looks cute dancing!
Any favorites of hers you could recommend? I like a couple of her strength training ones, the total body ones more so than the 40 minute per body part ones.
Old 05-19-18, 01:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

cize is on my wishlist.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 04:02 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Any favorites of hers you could recommend? I like a couple of her strength training ones, the total body ones more so than the 40 minute per body part ones.
I tend to like her HIIT workouts more than barre style as the burning in my legs gets on my nerves some days too. I'm working on making myself do more barre as I do believe it is beneficial. I love love her Sweat series which is part of her Cardio Sculpt Fusion box set which is a great set.

I also love her Mix and Match HIIT. Those are great finishers to other workouts as there are five 20 minute workouts on it. I have done that whole DVD once for an hour long HIIT in a variety of styles. It was fun and exhausting. I really enjoy her ballet box style. I personally think Linda has improved a lot in her newer workouts from where she started.

Reverse Pyramid Upper Body is a great strength one and plays well with Pyramid Legs. I thought her Strength Series was very well done. I believe most if not all of that series is available on YouTube. You also might like her Old School series which is more traditional weight work.

I also recently did her Grace and Strength series and thought the outer thigh and glute ones really shined in that series. Also the arm one in that series is a fantastic shoulder workout. I am always blown away how hard 3lb weights can be doing certain movements. There are a fair amount of reps in that one though.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-18, 08:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Ohhhh thanks for your recs, cjayd. I actually have some of those dvds you mentioned, so I'll have to look them over. Do you do barlates consistently? Any results?
Old 05-20-18, 12:52 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Unfortunately I am just trying to get into all of her DVDs that I have and don’t have any recommendations at this point. I do recall liking her total body band workout, it did not seem as grueling as some of her other stuff. I have some of her compilation dvds too and plan to do at least 1 segment per week. It seems like lifting your leg would be pretty easy, but her stuff kills me like nothing else! Lol
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
linda wooldridge