Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-06-17, 03:36 PM  
TinaT

Suzanne Bowen's Flat Belly Barre

I've been using these 3 routines for a few weeks now, and I must say, I'm really enjoying barre because of them. Years ago when I first tried barre, I jumped into The Bar Method, like so many others did and became overwhelmed by all the technique, form and flexibility needed to really feel this method.

I think FBB is great for those new to barre. It is very much a beginner due to the modifier, but also can be challenging, due to the advanced modifier. I love moving at a slower pace now and still benefit from the movement. All 3 routines are different, which is wonderful in itself. I can only be on my toes for so long. I think the 2nd routine doesn't even have you on your toes at all. Nice break.

I have since re-acquired some of The Bar Method dvds in hopes I will get to try them again, after mastering my form and becoming stronger. I have all of Suzanne's other BarreAmped dvd in the Set form and use them as well. Just thought this newest release needed 2 thumbs up.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 04:36 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I just finished working my way through these 3 workouts too. I'm glad to have it in my collection. I agree that the Bar Method gets to be too much, I also feel that most of the bar method workouts take much longer than really needed - too much chatting and set up. Suzanne explains things but gets right to the point.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 04:42 PM  
TinaT

I've also been using her 28 day rotation VERY loosely and it's been great.
Old 11-06-17, 04:51 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
...I also feel that most of the bar method workouts take much longer than really needed - too much chatting and set up.
ITA, which is why I got rid of my old TBM dvds. I will say, the classes on the on demand site are much better in that respect, but the dvds were incredibly frustrating!

Glad to hear people are learning to love barre!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 09:01 AM  
TinaT

I definitely am at a season in life where slowing down and taking my time with my body is important. I really do love how Suzanne talks about keeping your face relaxed. I didn't realize how much I was tensing up during the workout.

I don't know if I'll open The Bar Method dvds but since they were such a good price at their site, I couldn't pass them up.
Old 11-07-17, 12:44 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I don't know if I'll open The Bar Method dvds but since they were such a good price at their site, I couldn't pass them up.
the newer ones, like super sculpting are more challenging than the earlier ones and definitely well done.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 02:30 PM  
TinaT

eventmom ~ Thanks for letting me know. I'm adding in Callanetics with Suzanne for now. I like how calm both instructors are. I'm using Lacey's workouts for the first time and really like what I did.

The Bar Method is something to work up to for sure. But if I find myself passing them over, there is always someone else who would like to have them.
Old 06-25-19, 09:35 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Link to clip of this: https://order.hearstproducts.com/sub...aign=_CD_64095

Amazon sells it too. Thinking of purchasing it as I am loving 30 minute workouts now

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 12:38 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Link to clip of this: https://order.hearstproducts.com/sub...aign=_CD_64095

Amazon sells it too. Thinking of purchasing it as I am loving 30 minute workouts now
it's nice to see Prevention establishing a presence on Amazon - thanks for the head's up.

If you click on Prevention's name in the listing on Amazon, their other DVD sets are shown, not all, but some. A used copy of Chris Freytag's Get Your Body Back starts at $5.99 shipped. that is a 2-disc set too, with 100 min of original content and some premixes on the second disc.

https://www.amazon.com/Prevention/b/...bin=Prevention

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 12:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

It’s a great dvd! Thanks for the reminder, I plan to pull it out again. I like short workouts so I can string a few things together. I’ve done a rotation with FBB & the shorter Barre3 dvds and really enjoyed it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flat belly barre, suzanne bowen