Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-16, 08:52 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I've decided my collection is complete, but I really want those Willow Wear leg weights. Not on sale though. Maybe on pay day!
For years I've eyed those Willow Wear leg weights, but they're sold by another company so I doubt they'll ever be on sale. Aren't there simple ways to attach two ankle weights together so they can be worn securely over the thighs without popping apart? This is something I've been meaning to look into. Or better yet, a way to lengthen a single ankle weight without attaching it to another.

Pat, how many of Margaret's DVDs do you own? It sounds like you have all but a few that don't interest you. Out of her 32 offerings I'll soon have 9 and I will probably stop at 9 or 10. Which for me is a record number to have from any one instructor. I won't have all of her "good" ones, but more than enough to keep me happy.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-16, 11:09 AM  
Taiga

Well, I hope she has a good 4th of July sale. I haven't even received the 1st order I made yet. I want to try her out for a bit before I commit to the more expensive unplugged series. And it would be nice to have the higher percent off again if possible

For the past few weeks, I've been on a mission to collect shorter workouts for evening add-ons. I need lower intensity so it doesn't interfere with my sleep. I've been doing barre for a while but think I need to mix it up more. I'm hoping the Margaret and Gilad stuff I recently purchased will do the trick. Definitely different from my usual picks!!

FYI,
Thigh weights
are reasonably priced these days so you don't have to try to rig ankle weights any more.
Old 06-13-16, 11:48 AM  
spotted zebra

Taiga, thanks for the thigh weights link. I too, am waiting for the July 4th sale and to see if I use Margaret's DVDs enough to warrant getting any more. Which Gilad workouts did you get? I think I only have him on VHS, it's been so long.
Old 06-13-16, 12:10 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Taiga, thanks for the thigh weights link. I too, am waiting for the July 4th sale and to see if I use Margaret's DVDs enough to warrant getting any more. Which Gilad workouts did you get? I think I only have him on VHS, it's been so long.
Since they are running a 25% off Spring sale, I ordered the newer Gilad anniversary shows and the Total BodySculpt series. I know some folks mentioned that the ad spots in the Bodysculpt programs were not edited out well but I figure they are short so it shouldn't be too inconvenient. I just need short workouts that aren't intense or dreadfully boring (I can take generally unexciting lol). I love good outdoor scenery so that overcomes a lot!
Old 06-13-16, 12:24 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Spotted, I do not have any of the Unpluggeds. In my collection now are:
  • My Body of Work
  • Good 'n Strong
  • Getting Better
  • Beauty to the Bone
  • Raising the Bar
  • The Classics
  • Triple Threat
  • Sculpture
  • Strong & Limber for Life
  • Fight Age With Strength
  • All My Best (both)
  • Perfect Ten

And either Good For You or Give Me Strength, I'd need to look. It might be both.

Taiga thanks for that link! Putting them on my wish list.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-16, 12:48 PM  
spotted zebra

I didn't know about Gilad's sale. I think I'll pull out one of my VHS workouts of his this week. It's been so long and I remember liking him.

Pat, what an impressive MR collection! Did you get rid of any besides The Spark? There are a few I'm pretty sure I know I wouldn't want, such as The Spark. But unfortunately only a few. You kept good ones.
Old 06-13-16, 01:50 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I never had the Spark. From what I've seen via My Body of Work, I just don't "need" it.

But if she keeps having sales I may have to get some Unpluggeds just because - what if she goes out of business! When/if that happens they'll be digital.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-16, 02:15 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Videofit, thanks for the information about Fitness Becomes You. Did you notice the music?
I didn't notice the music on Vol. One but did Vol. Two yesterday and the music was mostly Spanish guitar with a segment or two of some contemporary techno? Not even sure how to describe it. Very different.

The last part of Vol. Two kept freezing on my laptop so I had to stop. I don't know if it's my computer or the DVD so will try again tomorrow. I'm worried that Windows 10 may have automatically installed because I hear they will do that and it supposedly screws up your DVD player.
Old 06-13-16, 02:18 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Aren't there simple ways to attach two ankle weights together so they can be worn securely over the thighs without popping apart?
I strap one weight to my thigh and one to my ankle for leg work. The label says All Pro Contour foam. I've had the same ankle weights since the early 1990s when I started doing the Firm.
Old 06-13-16, 04:20 PM  
Taiga

Well, My Body of Work and the Gilad Anniversary shows both showed up today. Maybe I can squeeze 1 of each in tonight just for a treat Can't wait to see if I have some winners!

Tags
1900 unplugged, 2000 unplugged, margaret richard, margaret richard download, margaret richard sale, skilljar, unplugged