Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-16, 05:29 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
So what did people order? I got: Good for You, Strong & Limber, My Body of Work Unplugged, & Fitness Becomes You, and at the last minute I added in Good 'n Strong (which I wasn't going to initially because of the length but now hearing more about it, I'm glad I did).

I'm saving Sculpture for another day. 5 minutes per body part... yikes, I don't think I'm ready for that. I don't think I'm ready for Triple Threat yet either.
I ordered two of the Unpluggeds Vol 1 and 2 I believe, I debated on Vol 4 but didn't. I thought about Sculpture and Good N Strong but had both before and traded away. They are on the long side for me and Sculpture just sounds really hard. Triple Threat doesn't speak to me for some reason though I have thought about it. The strength workout on Give Me Strength looks good but I don't see myself doing the cardio segment at all. So I think I am good with what I have from her. The Unpluggeds will be good for short days and I really do like the scenery. Maybe I will get them today!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-16, 08:31 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
I call this the Ricky Ricardo workout because it looks like it was shot at the Tropicana Club. I Love Lucy fans know what I mean!
I know what you mean, and I love the clip. The idea of that, together with the music, was inspired. I can't wait to do this workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I ordered two of the Unpluggeds Vol 1 and 2 I believe, I debated on Vol 4 but didn't. I thought about Sculpture and Good N Strong but had both before and traded away. They are on the long side for me and Sculpture just sounds really hard. Triple Threat doesn't speak to me for some reason though I have thought about it. The strength workout on Give Me Strength looks good but I don't see myself doing the cardio segment at all. So I think I am good with what I have from her. The Unpluggeds will be good for short days and I really do like the scenery. Maybe I will get them today!
The strength workout on Give Me Strength looks really good. I almost ordered this DVD but pulled it at the last minute. As good as it looks, I'm more likely to do a 20 or 30 min workout of hers in conjunction with others, or so I keep telling myself. I wonder if the toning on Give Me Strength can be divided up as easily as people say Good 'n Strong can be divided.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-16, 04:12 PM  
videofit

Fitness Becomes You arrived yesterday so I did the first workout. I am not happy with the way this DVD is chaptered.

There are two volumes (full body total workouts) comprised of three short chapters, ABC, each with a warm up and cool down. When I do the Unpluggeds, I always do three 'shows' but skip the middle warmups and cooldowns since they are unnecesary. I just warmup for the first and cool down after the third. Sometimes I will skip one body part and jump ahead by clicking my Next icon on my DVD player.

You cannot skip ahead to the next exercise in the ABC segments by clicking your Next icon. It goes to the next chapter's warmup. You have to fast forward instead. Sure it's only a few seconds but I like to keep moving!

The exercises themselves on Vol. One were very different from her usual so I enjoyed those. I'll keep you posted with Vol. Two unless someone else posts it first.
Old 06-12-16, 12:57 AM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I wish Margaret would take PayPal!
I paid with PayPal. Perhaps it was possible because it was an international purchase or because I bought downloads instead of DVDs. Whatever the reason was, it was nice to have the option.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 02:49 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
So what did people order? I got: Good for You, Strong & Limber, My Body of Work Unplugged, & Fitness Becomes You, and at the last minute I added in Good 'n Strong.....
I also ordered My Body of Work Unplugged ---as a sampler before considering the unplugged sets at her next sale. I love fall backgrounds and have been adding more 20-30 min workouts to my collection so I can tack on extra movement after long work shifts. I only ordered the sampler because I have never been able to click with Margaret in the past (bored me to tears lol). I think the outdoor scenery may sway me. I hope she has a fourth of July sale if so!
Old 06-12-16, 05:03 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
I paid with PayPal. Perhaps it was possible because it was an international purchase or because I bought downloads instead of DVDs. Whatever the reason was, it was nice to have the option.
My order was international, I ordered DVDs and I looked for a Paypal option but didn't see it. Maybe it's a website issue. I'd love for Paypal to be available. It seems odd that it's there for one but not the other.
Old 06-12-16, 05:24 AM  
spotted zebra

Videofit, thanks for the information about Fitness Becomes You. Did you notice the music?

Like Taiga, I'm curious about My Body of Work Unplugged. I'll probably like the nature sounds and quiet sometimes (as I do with some of my favourite qigong DVDs), and I can always play my own music CDs which make the Unplugged series look good to me.

I'm tempted to email Margaret's website to see if they can add Paypal for DVD orders.
Old 06-12-16, 05:43 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I didn't buy Fitness Becomes You because I have enough segments of it on My Body of Work to know that's all I need from that program.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 08:06 PM  
spotted zebra

Extended Sale

Margaret is advertising 30% off all DVDs now thru Tuesday. She's having fun with this series of sales.

http://www.bodyelectrictv.com/
Old 06-13-16, 08:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I've decided my collection is complete, but I really want those Willow Wear leg weights. Not on sale though. Maybe on pay day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1900 unplugged, 2000 unplugged, margaret richard, margaret richard download, margaret richard sale, skilljar, unplugged