Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-16, 02:09 PM  
zoegirl

I have the space between my bed and my dresser - about 3'x6'.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 03:11 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
I have the space between my bed and my dresser - about 3'x6'.
This is exactly where I worked out for years. I had a space between the end of the bed and the TV stand. We finally added on to our house and I was able to have a dedicated workout space. I remember that I literally wore the carpet out in that area in the bedroom. That's one reason I am glad there is NO more carpet anywhere in my house!
Old 04-04-16, 03:15 PM  
antbuko

Tiny. I use my living room and I store all of my gear in a big closet in the living room. I have wooden DVD shelf just outside the closet. Inside the closet are all my weights, mats, balls, gadgets, you name it. My exercise bike and my rebounder are always out in the living room.
Old 04-04-16, 04:26 PM  
warriorprincess

Liz, it's from XMark. I've been very happy with it. I use it mainly for squats, deadlifts, and bench press. And it anchors my bands!

http://www.amazon.com/XMark-Olympic-...rch_detailpage

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 04:35 PM  
ardnas

For so many years I had worked out in apartment & condo living rooms in probably a 5' x 5' space with my DVDs & equipment scattered throughout. When we bought our current house, the basement family/rec room became my fitness room (before we moved here I got rid of my treadmill, elliptical, and stationary bike - all used to be in our living room!). It is 15'x20' + large open entrance way approx an additional 4' x 5' floor space and a nook in the back that is an additional 2' x 3'. We actually call it my yoga studio, because I wanted it to look zen and be a place I could meditate & do yoga, and I didn't want it to look like a home gym. So I hung some sculptures, canvas paintings of lotuses, and put a 4' Buddha to the side of the entrance. It also houses some plants, 2 meditation cushions, Tibetan singing bowl, other Hindu statues, candles, 5 mirrors, and a fan. On one wall I have a medium sized entertainment center with flat screen TV/VHS/DVD/Blu-Ray player (we just bought a machine to transfer VHS to DVD and it is on the floor in the corner waiting to be hooked up - I could never part w/ certain VHS tapes that are not on DVD). On the 8 shelves in decorative bins or baskets are some fitness DVDs, dumbbells, ankle weights, gloves, yoga straps, yoga blocks, bands, and other fitness items that will fit. To the left of it is a DVD holder that houses prob 100 DVDs, on the other wall is another bigger DVD holder. There is also a built-in desk & shelf in a nook in the side of the room, which is filled with fitness books & DVDs. Under the desk are 2 club steps + risers, the TransFIRMer, 2 yoga mats, a balance board, and my Simply Fit Board. Next to this space is the other meditation cushion with my stability ball on it. Against the wall with the entertainment center on the floor behind one cushion is my barbell/plates and various fitness & weighted sticks. Across the hall from this room is a long closet under the stairs which houses a case of bottled water, trail mix, juices, protein powders, shaker bottles, my 3 other steps, rebounder, floor mats, padded exercise mat, Firm Wave, more weights, etc that I don't use often or don't want seen. In the hallway is another floor to almost ceiling built-in shelf filled with more fitness DVDs. At the end of the hallway is a room we use for storage and there is more fitness stuff in there. This works well for me because the room looks beautiful and is so peaceful to be in yet I have the floor space to do any type of workout, with all equipment nearby.
Old 04-04-16, 06:04 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
Thank you, Warrior Princess for answering my question. I was so confused I meant to direct this to Kay B. But those storage strategies are very stylish and ingenious; and kudos to you for having effective backups ...

So, anyway, insofar as I was Rip Van Winkle during that era, Kay B., are whatever is in the bookcase on the right, books or are they VHSs?

I don't think this is such a bad question to ask ...
Tina, it's books & VHS tapes. I treasure so many of them. I have plans to copy to DVD at some point. Too bad you can't see the turntable on the unit below the TV & the collection of 78s in the lower left cabinet on the bottom.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 06:12 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
When we moved to this home we chose to turn the master bedroom into a gym. It is about 16x20. It has gone through a lot of configurations over the years as our fitness interests change.

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/A2016/library/GYM

We both work out almost every day, so it works for us!
Great workout room, GORGEOUS cats!
Old 04-06-16, 11:28 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Great workout room, GORGEOUS cats!
Thanks! They're good boys. *Most* of the time...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-16, 02:29 PM  
red1013

Our unfinished basement is somewhere between 1200-1300 sq. ft. and about half of that is my workout room.

I have an elliptical, bike, rowing machine, power tower and weight bench as far as equipment. Plus, dumbbells, barbell and weights, fanny lifters, transFirmer, step and risers, stability balls, and a 5 shelf bookcase (that's getting too small!) for all my dvd's.

I have floor space 10'x10' covered in puzzle mats to do workouts on.

Sometimes I think it's too much (space and $$$ invested), but then I remember exercise is a positive thing that's good for me, so I stow the guilt.
Old 04-07-16, 04:04 AM  
Lannette

Thanks to everyone who shared. I appreciate it as its provided perspective. We've gotten quotes, which were definitely within budget. We're in the process of getting a survey done. Hopefully this all comes to fruition as planned. If not we move to plan B.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home gym, workout space