Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-03-16, 11:36 AM  
jusca

I workout in my bedroom which is roughly 12'x12' however with all my bed and desk, I only have about 5'x3' clear for working out. I dont need more than that.

I used to use our 3 car garage however i'm in TX and it takes forever to get the garage cooled down in the summer only to exercise for 30 mins so I moved into the house for working out The garage has even less space since family members use my weight bench and spin bike as clothes hangers and crowd junk around everything else.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-16, 11:40 AM  
TinierTina

Um, lousy memory ... it was actually 90 square feet

http://yogadork.com/2011/04/03/tiny-...io-still-yoga/

So, I take that back, what I said.

Um, now I really feel sorry for her ... but I have claustrophobia.

However, if I have to and/or can downsize some day, I am willing to go to 200 sq. feet., separate entrance. I'd lived smaller, with run of the kitchen area/house but then I had not worked out regularly. And when I did it was at one of those "figure salons" where I mostly went for the weigh-ins and measure-ins ... and the girly excuses for serious exercise ...

Now, there's no excuse not to stick a country club in the space, too ...

My sister out West had a Finnish sauna in her and her first husband's basement and bathed in it every day ... it had been thelife ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-16, 11:40 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

When we moved to this home we chose to turn the master bedroom into a gym. It is about 16x20. It has gone through a lot of configurations over the years as our fitness interests change.

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/A2016/library/GYM

We both work out almost every day, so it works for us!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-16, 11:52 AM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
When we moved to this home we chose to turn the master bedroom into a gym. It is about 16x20. It has gone through a lot of configurations over the years as our fitness interests change.

Nice and sleek! What kind of floor material did you use? It looks shock absorbant.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-16, 11:52 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
Mine is 15 x 30, mirrored on one wall, and two mirrored closets on the opposing wall so lots of good feedback on form, and good storage. It's such a wonderful space! I love to dance so I need the room. Although since I added the squat rack, it limits my traveling moves a lot. Still, it's too small. What would be my dining room is filled with workout equipment. My DH got into fitness one year and went beserk, and I didn't try to rein him in :-)

I have two ceiling fans, which most of the time I really like because they really make a difference as you get heated up. But it does limit being able to work with veils or hula hoops or jump ropes. Oh, the sacrifices.
Thank you! We've talked about ceiling fans. As of now our ceiling will be 12' at the peak slanting down to 8' so it would probably make sense to put the fans near the peak.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-16, 11:55 AM  
Lannette

Quote:

That looks great! I love how you've dressed slam man. Are you able to use him right where he's positioned? We have a similar Tae Bo punching bag we'll need to position and leave because it's so heavy once the water's added.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 04-03-16, 12:00 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
Nice and sleek! What kind of floor material did you use? It looks shock absorbant.
It is a plyo type rubber flooring. It has been so long, I forgot where we bought it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
That looks great! I love how you've dressed slam man. Are you able to use him right where he's positioned? We have a similar Tae Bo punching bag we'll need to position and leave because it's so heavy once the water's added.
DH has to roll "Bob" out of the corner for workouts. He's very heavy.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-16, 12:08 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
http://yogadork.com/2011/04/03/tiny-...io-still-yoga/

So, I take that back, what I said.

Um, now I really feel sorry for her ... but I have claustrophobia.

However, if I have to and/or can downsize some day, I am willing to go to 200 sq. feet., separate entrance. I'd lived smaller, with run of the kitchen area/house but then I had not worked out regularly. And when I did it was at one of those "figure salons" where I mostly went for the weigh-ins and measure-ins ... and the girly excuses for serious exercise ...

Now, there's no excuse not to stick a country club in the space, too ...

My sister out West had a Finnish sauna in her and her first husband's basement and bathed in it every day ... it had been thelife ...
Tina, I'm currently working out in a space as big as your New Yorker or alternately a space a bit wider in our TV room.

Should we decide to go large I refuse to feel one crumb of guilt. Our house is currently well under the average size, we've been planning and saving for this for a long time. We live a frugal life and owe no money. If my neighbors want to workout with me they are more than welcome as are my VF friends should they find themselves in our neck of the woods!

We also paid off our sons' college loans. It's time for us to splurge on us.

Last edited by Lannette; 04-03-16 at 12:12 PM. Reason: to add
Old 04-03-16, 12:08 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Lannette,
That is wonderful! It is great to have your own exercise room/space! I have a second bedroom that I am slowly converting. I say slowly because DH is working on a small "mini-apartment" for guests over our garage, and I have to wait until that is done so the bed and other furniture can be moved. I can't wait. I know you will enjoy your space when it is ready!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-16, 12:10 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
It is a plyo type rubber flooring. It has been so long, I forgot where we bought it!

DH has to roll "Bob" out of the corner for workouts. He's very heavy.
Yes, DHs punching bag is super heavy too. Not sure if it could be safely rolled. We certainly could check it out.

Tags
home gym, workout space