Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-16, 03:56 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I looked at a bunch of reviews, but I guess I got this one because it had a high burst rating and the reviews seemed decent. And the size I wanted was available in black ("I only work in black...and sometimes very very dark gray").

For real, though, I didn't want a neon ball if it was going to be out a lot.
Lol! Good logic and reasoning.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-16, 03:14 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
I ended up getting this one.

And I got this one for my kids.

I liked the idea of a ball with sand, but I only saw one (Stay Ball) and it had a 250 lb. user limit. I'm within that, but DH isn't so I wanted to get a higher rated ball.
Updating to say: I really like the MetRx ball that I got for the kids. Nice, grippy, bouncy feel.

The other ball (the black one)...not my fave. I might actually return it if I can. It's very slick/glossy...and inflated fully, it is no where near 55cm and has little bounce (too tight). I'm going to give it a few days to stretch out a bit...and try to get it up to size. But overall...I'm pretty "meh" on this one.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-16, 03:18 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Updating to say: I really like the MetRx ball that I got for the kids. Nice, grippy, bouncy feel.

The other ball (the black one)...not my fave. I might actually return it if I can. It's very slick/glossy...and inflated fully, it is no where near 55cm and has little bounce (too tight). I'm going to give it a few days to stretch out a bit...and try to get it up to size. But overall...I'm pretty "meh" on this one.
thankyou for the update!! i was advised against the Metrx one, but i can't remember why. This is timely, because i planned to order today. I am thinking this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A1YCPHK5LWKAMB They even have it on etsy and I still have some gift money there, so I may do that. My fiancee wants me to get a 55" and 65" so I can sit on one at my desk too, but I would rather just try 1 first to make sure I don't hate it.

Why do you not like yours? What makes you like the other?
ETA: Sorry, just saw "why" on the end of your post!- that might be why my old one always slipped out from under me!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 02-15-16, 03:29 PM  
alisoncooks

That one you linked looks promising. I've also got this one as a potential replacement, should my current one not stretch any.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...A1M24Z1DO0DHDE

ETA: if you get the one you linked, please report back if it is glossy/shiny or grippy (like a Barre3 ball).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-16, 03:39 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
That one you linked looks promising. I've also got this one as a potential replacement, should my current one not stretch any.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...A1M24Z1DO0DHDE

ETA: if you get the one you linked, please report back if it is glossy/shiny or grippy (like a Barre3 ball).
from my vast knowledge, that one looks good as well! Wonder how hard yours would be to return?

Old 02-15-16, 05:59 PM  
dianestjohn

I hate mine. I also hate all of them all over the world wherever situated and rue the day they were invented. Although I love almost all of the ICE workouts I just yesterday decided I am NEVER NEVER AGAIN doing To The Mat because of the first very difficult bit with the big ball which I had to drag out of the garage and dust off and which then tortured me. UGH
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-16, 11:26 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I hate mine. I also hate all of them all over the world wherever situated and rue the day they were invented. Although I love almost all of the ICE workouts I just yesterday decided I am NEVER NEVER AGAIN doing To The Mat because of the first very difficult bit with the big ball which I had to drag out of the garage and dust off and which then tortured me. UGH
LOL, bless your heart. Thats the way I used to feel. I hope I don't go bac again. Its been many years since I tried.

Old 02-16-16, 12:35 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
i was advised against the Metrx one, but i can't remember why. This is timely, because i planned to order today.
I recall a lot of people complained about the size of the Met Rx ball as being too small. It's the ball I use and have no problems with it, but I'm 5' 2", so it's a good fit.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-16, 01:00 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Costello View Post
I recall a lot of people complained about the size of the Met Rx ball as being too small. It's the ball I use and have no problems with it, but I'm 5' 2", so it's a good fit.
Depending on the day, I am either 5'5 1/2" - 5'6" so probably too small for me? If i find that I like the 55, my fiancee wants me to get a 65 to use as a chair to maybe take care of some alignment issues i have. We'll have to see about that, lol. I'd probably need a stand for that.

Old 02-16-16, 01:08 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I discovered the stability ball at the physical therapist's office and liked it enough to buy one from them when I moved. It ended up staying in a box this entire time. The one I got was the Theraband Stability Ball - 55cm (I'm 5'2"). Its the one that fit me best there so I got the same. It comes with a poster of exercises.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ball, fitness ball, stability ball, storage, workout space