Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-16, 02:04 PM  
horsemom2

I have many shapes and sizes but my favorites are the two largest because I sit and bounce on them. I got in the habit when I had a bad Plantar Fasciitis flare and the habit stuck. I can pretty much tweak all cardio while sitting and now love using the Leslie Sansone Miracle Miles band while sitting.
There are several self-recordings on youtube and dailymotion

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 05:11 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
I will say that I am 5'5" and went down from the 55cm to a 45 cm ball and it has made all the difference. For Cathe workouts where you do thigh squeezes with the ball or do hand-to-foot ball transfers during ab work, it's loads more comfortable.
I'm roughly the same height. My physical therapist told me to get a 55cm ball, but I'm also planning on buying a 45cm ball for my kids. ("For my kids" ...and for ME, when I need it. )

As far as storing them, I'm thinking one can fit in the coat closet, maybe, and one can fit in my oldest daughter's closet. We have a very small home (with little extra space) so storage is a real dilemma.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 05:26 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I love mine but never seem to use it often enough!.. [Actually another VFer just told me about using it for supported backbends in yoga, which is something I will try out very soon!]

I've had mine for years now, it survived several moves overseas and while it's not the prettiest, it's still holding up well! (I got another new one, pink , but haven't pumped it up yet..)
As for storing, that's the only bummer.. I have no real room to put it in, so it's tucked away in a corner of the den/living room, much to DH's dismay who hates having my various fitness gear 'lying' around! (My Jumpsport rebounder is in the same corner..)

After my kids always loving to bounce on mine, I bought them each their own, which they actually use instead of a chair for their desk.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 09:30 AM  
Dancing Queen

I don't use mine as much as I'd like.

I store mine in a toy hammock installed in a corner of the ceiling in my workout room: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00073HJG8/..._M2T1_ST1_dp_1
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 09:37 AM  
Aunt Famous

Not at all. It would have died of neglect if I hadn't taken it to Goodwill first.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 11:00 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
I don't use mine as much as I'd like.

I store mine in a toy hammock installed in a corner of the ceiling in my workout room: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00073HJG8/..._M2T1_ST1_dp_1
That's genius!
Old 02-10-16, 03:16 AM  
JENILU

So from all these choices, what is the consensus of the best brands? Are the ones with sand still good, even if you will do exercises holding it? (I know OP might not be interested in that aspect, so that's just an extra part I am curious about).

(I love the idea of the toy net too!)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 08:12 AM  
alisoncooks

I ended up getting this one.

And I got this one for my kids.

I liked the idea of a ball with sand, but I only saw one (Stay Ball) and it had a 250 lb. user limit. I'm within that, but DH isn't so I wanted to get a higher rated ball.
Old 02-10-16, 02:13 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I ended up getting this one.

And I got this one for my kids.

I liked the idea of a ball with sand, but I only saw one (Stay Ball) and it had a 250 lb. user limit. I'm within that, but DH isn't so I wanted to get a higher rated ball.
That one looks good. What made you pick it? (I really can't go thru a bunch of trial and error with something like this, lol. My days of doing that need to be over)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 03:32 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
That one looks good. What made you pick it? (I really can't go thru a bunch of trial and error with something like this, lol. My days of doing that need to be over)
I looked at a bunch of reviews, but I guess I got this one because it had a high burst rating and the reviews seemed decent. And the size I wanted was available in black ("I only work in black...and sometimes very very dark gray").

For real, though, I didn't want a neon ball if it was going to be out a lot.

Tags
ball, fitness ball, stability ball, storage, workout space