Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-16, 07:56 PM  
alisoncooks

Do you love your exercise ball?

There are so many to choose from!

Do you really love yours? Has it lasted a while -- does it leak much?
I need to get one for a few of my PT exercises. I also need to make sure it can take a beating, LOL. My kids love my mom's exercise ball, so I'm sure they'll want to "have a turn" on mine.

Separate question: if you don't have a dedicated exercise room, where do you store yours? That's why I got rid of mine about 5 years ago; that and I got tired of my --then younger-- kiddos rolling it around all the time. I'm not sure where this one will live...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 08:36 PM  
muggle

I'm not sure what brand mine is but its lasted for about 9 years now. My old one for about the same! I used to keep it in the spare room until my hubby redid the basement for my own workout space. Just make sure that when you sit on it your legs are at a 90 degree angle. I need to put air in it maybe every 2 years or so. I still love doing abs on it.....inner thigh squeezes too....killer!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 08:58 PM  
videofit

My stability ball rolled into my heater and popped. Never missed it.
Old 02-04-16, 08:35 AM  
raeven

I recently picked up one for me and one for my hubby, more so for an alternate thing to sit on rather than in an office chair all day. So he switches it in and out with his chair and standing/walking during work. Also for doing different stretches on and with. One thing I will say is if you don't want it rolling all over the place, get one with some sand in it. I got rid of the first one I bought that didn't have the sand because it would roll all over the room and annoy me. The weighted one is way nicer and, to me, just feels safer. I got this ball from target. http://www.target.com/p/ignite-by-sp...m=fitness+ball

I've had it for a few months now and it hasn't lost any air, so it doesn't seem that will be too big a deal. I haven't used it as much as I'd like to yet, however...other than to sit on..which I find rather fun. I am planning to watch videos to learn more stretches and exercises to do with it. Mine currently resides in the living room. My youngest son would bounce on it all day if I let him. So I have a very strict rule of he's not allowed to touch it unless he asks, and I say yes. Took a couple of weeks to get it out of his system and to actually follow the rule
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 08:48 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I have an anti-burst silver ball from Agile Fitness, courtesy of Amazon. It's five years old and going strong; I have to put in a couple of pumps of air once or twice a year, maybe? I use it some for workouts, a LOT for sitting on when watching TV. Mine rests in the corner of my workout room, on a Step riser to keep it from rolling around and following me.
Old 02-04-16, 09:50 AM  
antbuko

I love mine, but I haven't used it in some time. In fact I have two! I have a 55 cm ball which I bought from Stott, years ago and I haven't noticed any air leakage, although I have adjusted the air. Recently I bought a 45 cm ball with the intention of rehab work. I had a 45 years ago when Tracie Long's TLT series came out and then I was sorry I got rid of it. I don't have an exercise room, but I have a big closet in the living room that I store out of season stuff, such as Christmas decorations and snow shovels, as well as all of my fitness equipment.
Old 02-04-16, 12:26 PM  
cyana

I have a 75 cm Living Arts ball that I now use as my desk chair. I top it off with a couple of pumps of air maybe once a year. I've had it for at least 7 years, if not more. No complaints.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 12:27 PM  
gypsygirl64

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
My stability ball rolled into my heater and popped. Never missed it.
Made me laugh out loud.

Laura
gypsygirl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 01:08 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have a very old FitBall that is still hanging in there. I have a "newer" Core Secrets one that is doing fine, too.

I use my ball almost every day for supine back extension stretches. I lie back across the ball and stretch my hip flexors and abs.

It feels great!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 01:48 PM  
alisoncooks

Thanks for all the replies!
Amazon had about a gazillions choices & I was a bit overwhelmed.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ball, fitness ball, stability ball, storage, workout space