Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-16, 04:45 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks for the reminder Videofit. I might give one of the workouts a try tonight and see if my back is ready for it. Getting really sick of therapeutic "workouts" (but that's what I needed).
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-16, 08:02 PM  
donnamp

Pat, I know the feeling - whenever my back flares up I get tired of taking care of it, but know it is a necessary evil! I find Margaret to be great for me - even if injured - b/c you could always skip whatever doesn't agree with you. I need to break this one out of the shrinkwrap, too.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 08:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I almost tried it last night but my darn arms are still seizing up. I was afraid any kind of upper body work would trigger them. I have an acupuncture this evening so hopefully soon!

Did anyone see Margaret's video on Facebook about thinking up a name for her (hopefully) upcoming PBS series? She started the discussion by suggesting "Seventy and Sensational," just throwing it out there. I commented back that I prefer not to have an age number associated with it as you don't need to be a septuagenarian to work out with her. IMO it is a limiting label.
Old 03-30-16, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

I'm sorry about that, Pat - I hope the acupuncture works.

I agree about not putting an age to it - Margaret's workouts are really for all ages - they are easily modifiable up or down depending on the amount of weight you use.

Donna
Old 03-30-16, 09:38 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I almost tried it last night but my darn arms are still seizing up. I was afraid any kind of upper body work would trigger them. I have an acupuncture this evening so hopefully soon!

Did anyone see Margaret's video on Facebook about thinking up a name for her (hopefully) upcoming PBS series? She started the discussion by suggesting "Seventy and Sensational," just throwing it out there. I commented back that I prefer not to have an age number associated with it as you don't need to be a septuagenarian to work out with her. IMO it is a limiting label.
I hope that you are feeling better soon, Pat.

I would be so thrilled if Margaret filmed a new series for PBS. I supported her Indiegogo drive, but that fell through.

I agree about the name, however. I see how she would like to continue with her theme that she started with 'Forty and Fabulous', but honestly mentioning seventy would be limiting. Her workouts are good for any age! (Well, many ages at the very least!)

eta: I am not on Facebook, so I can see Margaret's site but can't post. Please feel free to add my opinion about mentioning the age in the title. Thanks!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 03-30-16 at 01:41 PM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 07:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I will post your comment Lori!

Okay, I finally opened my package last night. I really like the tee shirt! I was expecting the usual boxy man's shirt and it is a woman's shirt with a little form to it and not too long - thanks Maggie!

I did the first workout on My Body of Work. In a few areas I found it to be a tad of a chop job. But overall it was enjoyable and it is fun to see her flash forward and back in age, hairdos, outfits etc.
Old 04-02-16, 11:15 AM  
donnamp

Pat - I'm glad you felt well enough to do it!

I haven't done mine yet, but I do love the t-shirt- it is definitely more flattering than I expected.

Donna
Old 04-03-16, 01:11 AM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Did anyone see Margaret's video on Facebook about thinking up a name for her (hopefully) upcoming PBS series? She started the discussion by suggesting "Seventy and Sensational,"
I didn't pay a lot of attention because I thought she was going to put out another tee shirt with that on it!

Tags
margaret richard, margaret richard sale, unplugged