Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-28-14, 10:23 AM  
Yelly

Fabletics

http://www.fabletics.com/index.cfm

I'm thinking about joining this. It's like a subscription for workout wear. Your first outfit is 50% off, and then on the 1st of every month they'll send you a list of their picks for you that month. You have until the 5th of the month to either purchase or opt out for that month. If you haven't responded, then you will be charged $49.95 on the 6th of the month, which you can use for your next purchase.
Most of the clothes I wear to workout in are crap. I've recently gotten very close to my goal weight, and I'd like to reward myself
Does anybody belong to Fabletics? Is it quality stuff or just hype? Do you think the subscription is worth it?
Are there any other similar sites that you guys recommend that don't cost an arm and a leg?
Thanks so much everyone!!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 10:31 AM  
caitlinpyle

I just joined... gonna try it out . I buy good stuff from Lucy and Prana off of www.6pm.com sometimes, Athleta's sales can be great. I also get nice tops from Beyond Yoga when they do an extra 25% off clearance.

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 11:04 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post
I just joined... gonna try it out . I buy good stuff from Lucy and Prana off of www.6pm.com sometimes, Athleta's sales can be great. I also get nice tops from Beyond Yoga when they do an extra 25% off clearance.

Thanks for all the recs! I love 6pm, but I usually only look at their shoes, so now I'm going to check out their clothes now too.
Old 08-28-14, 11:14 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I looked at joining a while back, but every time I tried to get something in my size, it was sold out and I didn't like the other selections. A while before that (maybe a couple of years ago?) I briefly subscribed to a service like this -- I sort of wonder if that service morphed into fabletics because I'm not sure they're around anymore (can't even remember what it was called!). I was not thrilled with that one -- they picked out the stuff for you and they consistently picked things I told them "don't ever send me...." So I gave up on them pretty quickly. I think maybe people didn't like the element of surprise and that's why I'm wondering if they morphed into this new one that let's you choose the outfit.

Not quite the same, but I did just sign up for "stitch fix" for some regular clothing style upgrade. Haven't yet received my first batch but a couple of friends who have tried it liked at least some of what they got, and I guess it's just really easy to ship back what you don't want.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 11:49 AM  
Jenn R

Checkout. Www.insightfulathlete.com. She has a few reviews of their clothes. She seems to really like some of their selections. Just check under the heading reviews and you should find quite a few reviews of fabletics.
Jenn
Jenn R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 11:55 AM  
MARIKA

Kate Hudson owns that company. I thought it looked good too. If you don't buy every month though they still charge you!
Old 08-28-14, 12:00 PM  
Yelly

Thanks everyone!
I checked out that Insightful Athlete site, and wow she gave them a great review! I'm thinking of going ahead and joining

Marika, if I read the fine print right, I believe if you opt out by the 5th of the month they won't charge you for that month. You would have to stay on top of it though, which could be a pain.
Old 08-28-14, 12:01 PM  
NotThatGirl

I subscribe to Ellie for workout clothing. There have been quite a few complaints with them in the past, mostly relating to shipping but I have stuck with them for more than a year and have been really happy with them.

I have heard some bad things about Fabletics too- namely that un-subscribing is difficult as can be. I am a huge online shopper but only have a handful of subscriptions and "fab anything" (as they have other online storefronts with different merchandise) seem to consistently come up with bad break up stories.

Just a heads up- I hope you are happy with them and end up with a refreshed workout wardrobe that works for you!

Eta: you can skip a month anytime (which I have done) and as belong as you write them an email by the 15th you don't have to worry. They don't charge you if you don't order.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 01:12 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
I subscribe to Ellie for workout clothing. There have been quite a few complaints with them in the past, mostly relating to shipping but I have stuck with them for more than a year and have been really happy with them.

I have heard some bad things about Fabletics too- namely that un-subscribing is difficult as can be. I am a huge online shopper but only have a handful of subscriptions and "fab anything" (as they have other online storefronts with different merchandise) seem to consistently come up with bad break up stories.

Just a heads up- I hope you are happy with them and end up with a refreshed workout wardrobe that works for you!

Eta: you can skip a month anytime (which I have done) and as belong as you write them an email by the 15th you don't have to worry. They don't charge you if you don't order.
thank you! I looked at Ellie, but I can't seem to find the "subscription" part of it. Do you know how to get there? I like the clothes they have!
Old 08-28-14, 01:52 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

some previous discussions:

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=199667

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=200653
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clothing, fabletics