Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-15, 11:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm planning to use my weighted bar from the Winsor Slimming kit - probably about 3 pounds. I was going to run out and purchase a 12 pound bar like Margaret uses, but now I know there will be a period of adjustment!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 12:09 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith938 View Post
how did using dumbbells work on raising the bar? I know one move she has the bar on her foot and doing inner thighs I think - I could probably use nothing and still feel those!
I used ankle weights for legs. Standing inner thigh work is easier but feels more awkward than floor work so it's not as effective for me. Next time I will probably drop down to the floor -- if I have the time. Depends on the pacing or if I have to pause the screen.

I will have to make a note of the length of some chapters because that could explain the toughness. Sculpture has 5 min. chapters but most of her other DVDs are 3 min.

As for DOMs, I've noticed that the next day I may or may not feel anything but, oddly, the second day, when I'm scheduled to do weights again, I often feel DOMs in some muscles.
Old 05-23-15, 01:08 PM  
Jewels5

I am so bummed! For once I was finally going to take advantage of Margaret's sale and order Raising the Bar. I saw the email earlier this week for $10 off DVDs and thought it was her Memorial Day sale. I just realized it ended Thursday.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 01:41 PM  
sherry7899

Julie- she has sales very frequently. I think it will be on sale again soon.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 01:51 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I imagine she'll have one for Memorial Day Julie - I keep checking back - if not then by July 4 probably. not sure about the price again- that one is cheaper so 40% wont make it $10 off but maybe she'll come back with the $ 10 off again - a few weeks ago she did 20% I think then it disappeared for maybe 1-2 days then came back the same sale...I'll post if I notice
Old 05-23-15, 02:13 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
I am so bummed! For once I was finally going to take advantage of Margaret's sale and order Raising the Bar. I saw the email earlier this week for $10 off DVDs and thought it was her Memorial Day sale. I just realized it ended Thursday.
She'll have another one soon, never fear! I signed up for her emails so I'll post back here when she has another one - if somebody doesn't beat me to it!
Old 05-24-15, 07:30 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

ok this is weird- a week or so ago I was checking ebay for Margaret Richard and saw 2 listings - one for unplugged 1900 and unplugged 2000 - I already had 2000 so got 1900 (cheap - not super duper cheap but like her discounted price but free shipping) was listed as new- package arrived and they were still shrinkwrapped- orchard park was the address (think that's also where she is but seller's name didn't sound anything like bodyelectric)..well looked just now and found classics for $30 with free shipping so grabbed those since she will likely never have them for that price with free shipping. not sure how many they had so that item may be gone but I ordered 2 others during her sale and wish now i had waited since I may have been able to save on the shipping boost I had to pay for adding more dvds to the order... but ebay has sculpure and perfect 10 together for $30 with free shipping right now - this is a good deal - like 40% off with free shipping or like her last $10 off with free shipping. I ended up paying an extra 1.50 I think to add these to my order Thurs morning

so keep checking and whoever is listing these may have raising the bar eventually...
Old 05-24-15, 08:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Who is the seller?
Old 05-24-15, 09:10 AM  
Jewels5

Thanks all! I will have to catch another sale. I have been avoiding her sales but for some reason I was really "in the mood" this time.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 11:21 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

seller was rocket78915 for both of my purchases and I'm pretty sure for the perfect 10/sculpture combo that's available too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Margaret-Ric...item3f4d40256d

it's also a 'or best offer'

Tags
getting better, good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard rotation, skilljar, triple threat, unplugged