Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-15, 04:41 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
She's been trying to fund a new workout but struggling (as we all are these days).
I bet it would be a great workout!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-15, 03:44 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

thru Thursday she has all dvds $10 off! pretty good but the unplugged series and classics are also only $10 off - so the percentage off isn't as much as for individual dvds. I'm seriously debating finishing my collection just not sure esp about The Spark, Give Me Strength, and Strong and Limber for Life...or if I should just wait for the ones collage sells and pay $5 more (but lowers the shipping a couple of bucks on bodyelectric's site) so only a couple dollars more than the sale price I think.
Old 05-18-15, 04:32 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith938 View Post
I'm seriously debating finishing my collection just not sure esp about The Spark, Give Me Strength, and Strong and Limber for Life...or if I should just wait for the ones collage sells and pay $5 more (but lowers the shipping a couple of bucks on bodyelectric's site) so only a couple dollars more than the sale price I think.
I have all the ones you mention and like them, mainly because I need the variety of background and chatter since I've done her workouts for years now.

The Spark is shot on top of a museum with trees and lake in the background. Done over several days and looks like a couple of months apart because sometimes the deck is wet and the trees are green or orange for fall. There are outtakes at the end where it's practically dark and Maggie says she is too exhausted to do any more. You also see her being attacked by bees! Biggest problem, and for me not really a problem, is the chaptering got screwed up. A warmup and cooldown are missing between the two workouts but now I know that when she is on the floor for pec flies, that it's the beginning of the next workout so I stop or start there. The exercises are all indexed so not a big deal.

Give Me Strength has a cardio section which I almost never do. Rather easy using a chair. I do the toning because it's basic and over in 45 minutes.

Strong and Limber is one of my favorites. Has Spanish acoustic guitar music written especially for her. Love the different moves on a few of the exercises. But most of all I love the Ricky Ricardo Tropicana background! I keep expecting Lucy to come out dancing with a fruit basket on her head! The stretch portion is very artistic and you won't recognize her.

I thought I was done buying her workouts. Didn't ever think of getting Raising the Bar because I'm not buying any more equipment. Until someone mentioned using dumbbells. So I just bought it! With shipping it came to $15.95.
Old 05-18-15, 04:47 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you for those reviews. I think I'll pass on The Spark and Give Me Strength.

During the last sale I got Beauty to the Bone and I LOVE it!
Old 05-18-15, 09:19 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

Pat I just did Beauty to the Bone and loved it- I found that I liked the legs in the first workout much better (floor vs standing) and the upper body was killer in both but seemed esp killer in the 2nd one - I may end up mixing them LOL!
this morning I tried Muscle & Grace (from one of her $15 sale specials a month or so ago) and it was nice- just did the upper body. unlike beauty to the bone there's a warmup and cooldown for the specific workout (she separates them into upper,lower, stretch choices) I was too tired from night shift to tackle the lower body(afraid if it was floor work I'd be asleep but the upper body went by fast it felt like)

thanks so much videofit! your reviews and esp in one thead where you broke down one of the unpluggeds was awesome! I was hoping to avoid this sale and wait and see if she does something better or the same since I didn't budget for a big purchases but sorta want to finish up my collection.

so give me strength has 45 min of toning? I thought from her description it was more cardio and Id idn't want to mess with the chair cardio...I think I still want everything! I like having variety - thinking of getting the all my best dvds for days I can't decide if I want leotards or more modern! have you adjusted to that ball she uses? I just can't seem to get used to that thing - I grabbed a cheapie from walmart but one came with fight age with strength but lost the needle somewhere between downstairs and upstairs and so far neither me nor the german shepherd have found it...
Old 05-19-15, 10:09 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith938 View Post
so give me strength has 45 min of toning? I thought from her description it was more cardio and I didn't want to mess with the chair cardio...
The cardio workout on Give Me Strength has a short toning section after. Then the other workout is all weights.
Old 05-19-15, 10:26 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

thanks videofit! she doesn't give very good descriptions on her website - I'm thinking of getting the classics but can't tell from the description how long they are, if they're chaptered etc . read some reviews here and that was a LOT more help! I thinkI just love MR! I also like KCM who is totally different LOL!
Old 05-22-15, 09:48 PM  
videofit

Raising the Bar arrived today and I couldn't wait to do it. I was shocked to find it rather tough!

I don't have a bar, used dumbbells, but the reps seemed endless and I couldn't do all the reps for some of the exercises. Even one of the background exercisers paused a couple of times during the hamstring squats so I don't feel so bad. I was expecting the same old Margaret but she surprised me. I am so sore now -- but in a good way that only exercisers know.
Old 05-23-15, 10:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Videofit, I've been using her workouts for a few weeks now and I am humbled. On many of the hamstring moves I have to keep taking stretch breaks. With upper body I often have to drop the weights completely.

And I have the strangest DOMS - I feel it the next day, but it lingers silently. I'll go up a flight of stairs, for example, and the suffering blossoms in my butt and leg muscles. Or I'll put something on an overhead shelf and feel my triceps start zinging. I have Raising the Bar still in the shrink wrap - I'm askeered!
Old 05-23-15, 10:57 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

that happens to me too! I wn't feel achey but move a certain way (like rolling over in bed and yowza I feel it then it goes away..then walking or getting up from a chair at work -and yowza again!)

I haven't done raising the bar yet - still getting around to several of hers. I finally ordered all but the classics and one other dvd in the last sale- really hadn't budgeted for all I did get and figured if she hs a 30% off sale the price for both would be just $3 or so more than it would have cost me including it in the sale (and with the extra shipping) and a 40% off sale would be perfect LOL! so since I wsn't saving much I decided to wait on those -wish I'd waited on the 2 orders when she offered just 5 titles for $15 each but I've actually used a couple from those sales already. still making my way through unplugged 2000...

how did using dumbbells work on raising the bar? I know one move she has the bar on her foot and doing inner thighs I think - I could probably use nothing and still feel those!

Tags
getting better, good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard rotation, skilljar, triple threat, unplugged