Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-21-14, 07:31 AM  
PhyllisG

Ellen Barrett revisited

I have not worked out for 2 weeks because of lower back and hip pain. Yesterday I did a little yoga and that was it. But today I decided to do Ellen's Fusion Flow. It felt great and really got the "kinks" out. Ellen really has a unique place in the fitness world. I thought that no matter what you do---heavy lifting, cardio, barre etc---there is a place for Ellen. When we think of stretching we think of yoga, athletic stretch but I feel that Ellen fits right in here too. I got a good stretch, a little cardio and even some strength with push ups. Tomorrow I will do Floor Fusion. A new appreciation for what she does. My back feels great without any stiffness.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 07:50 AM  
cherimac

To me, Fusion Flow is one of Ellen's most underrated gems. I always feel that way after doing that workout.
Old 10-21-14, 08:45 AM  
dnna

thanks for posting this! I too have been hurting with low back pain. overdoing it as usual. I am going to do a week of Ellen! thanks

Last edited by dnna; 10-21-14 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 10:26 AM  
Demeris

Quelle Koweenkeedeenk!

Even though I got rid of all my Ellen studio workouts (they twinge my creaks), I still have Dr. Peeke's Body for Life dvd, and I did it today (and it was a virgin, too!).

I had forgotten how much I like Ellen's personality, and the workout, itself, was a surprisingly good 30 mins total body workout. I went heavier on the weight because the reps were so few, and I didn't wear shoes, even though Ellen said they were necessary.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 12:46 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I just received Floor Fusion, the only Ellen I didn't have. I love her!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 06:32 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I credit switching to mostly Ellen workouts and Essentrics/CS with my ability to lose 10 pounds this year (and after turning 40!) -- after gaining at least that in the last few years with high-intensity and heavy weights! I adore her, and I feel like I could do her workouts every day with no dread factor at all! I can't wait for her two new ones....
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 09:07 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Love Ellen, but her workouts actually make my lower back hurt. Did Fat Burning Fusion this morning - lower back hurts tonight.

Wait. two new ones?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 12:24 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I credit switching to mostly Ellen workouts and Essentrics/CS with my ability to lose 10 pounds this year (and after turning 40!) -- after gaining at least that in the last few years with high-intensity and heavy weights! I adore her, and I feel like I could do her workouts every day with no dread factor at all! I can't wait for her two new ones....
congrats - do tell us your rotation.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 01:15 AM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I'd like to know too!
I have been doing Ellen with Kundalini & Lesllie & would substitute those for Essentrics/CS.
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 06:55 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Re: her two new ones -- in her most recent newsletter, she said she has two new workouts, with one perhaps ready by the holidays; no word on what they are though. Here's a link: http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...&id=ea9a279efb

Re: my weight loss! -- I don't have any set rotation, but that would probably be a good idea! I usually have to work out before getting ready for work, so at 5 am, I really only want to feel good, and because sometimes I don't have time to shower (shhhh!), I just pick an Ellen workout because I always feel great after and I don't feel like I'm killing myself.

I usually do an Ellen workout every day during the week and perhaps a Leslie walk (only 30 mins though, too much cardio makes me really cranky for some reason!) a few times a week. I like to do an Essentrics/CS in the evenings after helping the kids with homework and they watch TV or play video games. On the weekends, I'm usually running my kids to events, so I'll maybe get a 30 min yoga or a longer barre/ballet workout if I get the chance, but that is few and far between.

I also just eat what I want, when I want it. I know we don't talk diet, but with lower intensity workouts I am just not as hungry, so I don't snack at all, just keep with three well-rounded meals.

Since switching to Ellen, I've really tuned in to how I feel and go from there. I've been working out for 20+ years, and I've never felt this good. I'm not sore anymore and I switched my focus from weight loss to feeling good every day -- and I ended up losing weight! Such is life...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bfl, ellen, ellen barrett, ellen barrett rotations, last 10 pounds, successful weight loss, weight loss