Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-14, 08:14 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

It's been years since I've played a VHS but I won't get rid of my VHS players; I still have it sitting near my TV. Never know when I may need it. I even still have the $10 tape rewinder.
Old 09-07-14, 09:34 PM  
Carol K

I still have two working VCR/DVD combo players and I use all of my VHS and DVD Firms.
Old 09-07-14, 11:45 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizh View Post
You are not alone buying VHS! A couple of weeks ago I bought the firm "6 pack" on VHS due to the discussions on this forum. They we're add ons to one of the BSS's. They are exactly what I want (full body) and they are 30 minutes and they make me happy!! And they were wicked cheap on eBay!!!!

Liz H

Ps I like BSS1 and the other bss's too!
The prices are so great for VHS, I have to keep myself from ordering everything! I'm afraid to ask which 6 pack you're talking about, I already have more than enough in my cart, on order, and in my watch list, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
It's been years since I've played a VHS but I won't get rid of my VHS players; I still have it sitting near my TV. Never know when I may need it. I even still have the $10 tape rewinder.
That is so my mother! Good thing she holds onto stuff or else I may have tossed the Firm Classic I had. I totally remember the rewinder. It was perfect when you had to do a quick rewind before taking your movies back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I still have two working VCR/DVD combo players and I use all of my VHS and DVD Firms.
^That's exactly what we have. Funny, the VHS works and the dvd doesn't. So annoying.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 01:22 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I still use my combo dvd/vhs player as well. It was a good investment. Also have another vcr stashed in a spare room. It's much cheaper than converting everything.
Old 09-08-14, 02:46 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I still use my combo dvd/vhs player as well. It was a good investment. Also have another vcr stashed in a spare room. It's much cheaper than converting everything.
This is me exactly! Technology hoarders, I guess. The opposite of early adopters.

I recently tried several methods of improving the wi-fi signal in my exercise room so that streaming would be a viable proposition. Not going to happen. So I will hang on to my old technology. Not much interested in the newer stuff anyhow.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 05:50 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmissa View Post
^That's exactly what we have. Funny, the VHS works and the dvd doesn't. So annoying.
I think that's so strange, because I have only had VCRs break, never a DVD player. DVD players have less moving parts.
Old 09-08-14, 06:02 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
This is me exactly! Technology hoarders, I guess. The opposite of early adopters.

I recently tried several methods of improving the wi-fi signal in my exercise room so that streaming would be a viable proposition. Not going to happen. So I will hang on to my old technology. Not much interested in the newer stuff anyhow.
Although I'm a technology hoarder , I did recently buy a Google Chromecast stick for my living room television and I love it. It works great and it's so cheap. I can use it to stream anything that I can view in Google Chrome on my laptop. But I can't use it in the family room where I work out, because I have an ancient TV in there. Someday...
Old 09-08-14, 04:42 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Although I'm a technology hoarder , I did recently buy a Google Chromecast stick for my living room television and I love it. It works great and it's so cheap. I can use it to stream anything that I can view in Google Chrome on my laptop. But I can't use it in the family room where I work out, because I have an ancient TV in there. Someday...
How ancient? I have an old school tv too and I use my roku lt with it. Funny, one of them is so old I had to use the av cables through the VCR, lol.
Old 09-08-14, 05:52 PM  
Carol K

It's late 80s or early 90s. It doesn't have an HDMI port.
Old 09-10-14, 10:51 AM  
kmissa

So far I'm loving the classic firm workouts. I love the 80s time warp and the workout is really challenging. I've done tough aerobic mix, vol 1 and vol 4. I just rec'd vol 2 in the mail and will be trying it shortly. I'm feeling a nice soreness, but I have no major doms. I think I might challenge myself to go a little heavier since I'm not as out of shape as I thought. I'm traveling next week, but I'm already planning on bringing some 3lb dumbbells so I don't miss my workouts.

Is it possible to just rotate the videos I have? I have a few more (firm parts, vol 3, firm cardio, etc)coming in the mail, but the rotations I've seen are overwhelming. I don't have all the tapes they list and I don't know how to substitute. I was thinking of just doing whichever of the few classics I have or feel like doing.

Tags
body sculpting system, bss1, the firm