Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-14, 11:41 AM  
kmissa

The Firms!

I found myself doing GS's Bun's of Steel and Callanetics on VHS last night, and it made me want to revisit some retro workouts. I don't know how I've been a vidiot for so long and have never tried The Firms. I was on Amazon during the wee hours and I can get the BSS1 really cheap as well as the Body Sculpt by Jennifer C. I also should have the Transfirmer dvds, but I got rid of my Transfirmer since it was too wobbly (I originally acquired it cheap just for the step with LMP).

I'm wondering is BSS1 a good start? I haven't worked out in like 6 weeks. I was thinking of doing a JNL rotation, but now I'm curious to see if I can get good results with The Firm. My problem areas are arms and midsection. I may also have to get a makeshift Fanny Lifter, I don't have the funds for a $60 step right now.

Thoughts from any Firm Believers?? TIA
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-14, 04:28 PM  
MoFirmer

YES!!!! You absolutely can get great results with BSS1!!!! I started with that after seeing the infomercial and lost 86# with The FIRM! I eventually had to have every FIRM ever put out! LOL!

I worked out with The FIRM through breast cancer and feel it really helped me fight hard.

I say GO for it!!!!
Old 09-06-14, 09:55 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
YES!!!! You absolutely can get great results with BSS1!!!! I started with that after seeing the infomercial and lost 86# with The FIRM! I eventually had to have every FIRM ever put out! LOL!

I worked out with The FIRM through breast cancer and feel it really helped me fight hard.

I say GO for it!!!!
Thx for the feedback! Congrats on your results. The Firm results are always so inspiring. I would always be drawn to the infomercials, but I don't know why I never bit. I'm going to order the BSS1 to start and maybe one of the classics just to see how intense they are. I love that they're so old, but $20 each for the VHS! That means they're definitely worth it. I'm going to go through my VHS's too. I swear I have one (I'm praying I didn't toss it). I remember trying it once and being too sore to ever attempt it again.

Now, I have to find a make shift fanny lifter.
Old 09-07-14, 06:35 AM  
dnna

Do you want vhs?-because all the Firms are on dvd now. all the BSS sets were releases on dvd, and are quite inexpensive on Amazon, etc. You can get all the old releases on dvd now thanks to Annette from Fitness Favorites. she has been working for several years now converting the old vhs to dvd. She is working for the Anna Benson estate I believe.
even cardio step mix, that elusive vhs tape. She also has all the Fit Primes and Kickbutts, plus new material found on Anna's computer.
www.fitnessfavorites.com.
I am a Firm Believer from the original Volume 1 release in -1986? Good luck to you!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-14, 06:36 AM  
geojill

I have a high step that I use. BSS1 was my first intro to strength training and cardio sculpt will always hold a special place in my heart because of that.
Old 09-07-14, 08:10 AM  
Carol K

I think that Ultimate Fat Burning Workout and Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn, two of the first Gaiam Firms, are great places to start with the Firm. And all you need is dumbbells.
Old 09-07-14, 10:04 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Speaking of the Anna Benson Firms, Fit Primes and Kickbutt videos, Fitness Favorites has recently signed with the Go Flaunt It streaming service to included all its workout videos. The Fit Primes and Kickbutts have been uploaded for a while and they are currently uploading all the Classic Firms that Anna Benson produced. The Go Flaunt It website:

http://www.goflauntit.com/

Their list of trainers so far (still growing):

http://www.goflauntittrainers.com/

The video streaming is currently only available on the iPad/iPhone app but eventually they will have desktop and Android apps. I've been having fun pursuing the workout videos from the various instructors. Having all the Anna Benson workouts available in one place has renewed my interest in her workouts. She was definitely ahead of her time.
Old 09-07-14, 01:21 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I think the original three dvds from BSS 1 are all very good. I still have two of them, Body Sculpt and Cardio Sculpt, but let go of Ab Sculpt and am kind of sorry I did. I would say they are intermediate level and you may have to modify them for a while if you're restarting.
Old 09-07-14, 06:55 PM  
kmissa

Thx for all the feedback! I found tons of great deals on ebay and amazon for VHS. I got bss1, fit parts 4pk and vol 1 and 4. I even found a firm parts tough aerobics mix amongst old VHS. I'm going to try that one tonight and use a milk crate as a step. I got that idea from fbook firm group so I hope that's a good alternative while I get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I think the original three dvds from BSS 1 are all very good. I still have two of them, Body Sculpt and Cardio Sculpt, but let go of Ab Sculpt and am kind of sorry I did. I would say they are intermediate level and you may have to modify them for a while if you're restarting.
Thx! These will actually be here Tuesday so I can't wait to try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Speaking of the Anna Benson Firms, Fit Primes and Kickbutt videos, Fitness Favorites has recently signed with the Go Flaunt It streaming service to included all its workout videos. The Fit Primes and Kickbutts have been uploaded for a while and they are currently uploading all the Classic Firms that Anna Benson produced. The Go Flaunt It website:

http://www.goflauntit.com/

Their list of trainers so far (still growing):

http://www.goflauntittrainers.com/

The video streaming is currently only available on the iPad/iPhone app but eventually they will have desktop and Android apps. I've been having fun pursuing the workout videos from the various instructors. Having all the Anna Benson workouts available in one place has renewed my interest in her workouts. She was definitely ahead of her time.
Thx for this! I like to stream so I'll look into this down the line. That way I can try before I buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
Do you want vhs?-because all the Firms are on dvd now. all the BSS sets were releases on dvd, and are quite inexpensive on Amazon, etc. You can get all the old releases on dvd now thanks to Annette from Fitness Favorites. she has been working for several years now converting the old vhs to dvd. She is working for the Anna Benson estate I believe.
even cardio step mix, that elusive vhs tape. She also has all the Fit Primes and Kickbutts, plus new material found on Anna's computer.
www.fitnessfavorites.com.
I am a Firm Believer from the original Volume 1 release in -1986? Good luck to you!
So funny to be buying VHS in 2014, but I still have two vcrs lol. My DVD players aren't working and it's easier to use the tv than the laptop.
Old 09-07-14, 08:05 PM  
lizh

You are not alone buying VHS! A couple of weeks ago I bought the firm "6 pack" on VHS due to the discussions on this forum. They we're add ons to one of the BSS's. They are exactly what I want (full body) and they are 30 minutes and they make me happy!! And they were wicked cheap on eBay!!!!

Liz H

Ps I like BSS1 and the other bss's too!
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body sculpting system, bss1, the firm