Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-14, 08:48 AM  
LoveVA

Gaining inches doing Brazil Butt Lift

So, I’ve been watching the Brazil Butt Lift infomercial (just 2 times, okay?) and decided that I have to have it. Of course, I had to do my research, so I read some of the old threads about it here on VF. I’m only really interested in High & Tight and Bum Bum, but I’m willing to buy the entire set because I’m a vidiot (see vidiot thread). However, I had a question based on some of the comments I saw in old threads.

I’m a little concerned about the fact that some VFers said that, while their butt was more toned and lifted, they gained an inch or so in their hips. I don’t want to add any inches, so does anyone know why that might happen? Does it have to do with the type of rotation people did?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 09:59 AM  
Eibhinn

"Toned and lifted" = more muscle = larger, unless you also lose a significant amount of fat. Even if you do lose fat, if you're going to concentrate on glute training, it's unlikely your butt will get a lot smaller, it'll just change to a more pleasing and functional shape.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 11:10 AM  
Loric

I find that barre workouts lift my booty & my measurements for that area go up a bit. But I'll take it since I like the lifted & round shaped booty on me. DH doesn't mind either.
I have not done Brazil Butt Lift (even though I have both sets) so I can't really comment on that.
Maybe I will try to fit in some of the workouts....I'm having super results with Barre3 & P57.
My 40 year old booty could use some more work.
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 11:17 AM  
slysam

When I did a modified BBL rotation (the fat loss one) I did lose inches from my waist and I think my thighs but not my hips. I didn't gain in the hips though. It was only four weeks though so any gain and loss would be minimal--I just do not see fast, dramatic changes in my body.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 11:53 AM  
laurajhawk

When I did the rotation (combo rotation), my hips LOOKED narrower. But with a rounder higher butt, the hip measurement might be more even so -- I didn't do measurements.

I've done BBL workouts the last couple days. It's my go-to midwinter program - makes me happy.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 01:10 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
When I did the rotation (combo rotation), my hips LOOKED narrower. But with a rounder higher butt, the hip measurement might be more even so -- I didn't do measurements.

I've done BBL workouts the last couple days. It's my go-to midwinter program - makes me happy.
Hmm..interesting about the new butt dimensions altering hip measurements. Well, this might be my very first rotation ever. I will do something else for the cardio though, as I don't do dance-y workouts. BodyFit 360 is as far as I will go with dance. I would do 30 min of Hiit, Cardio Remix or Heather's Kickbox Burn instead. Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit has a 30 min express premix, so that is also an option.

I will feel weird not doing a Tonique workout. I think this is one reason why I don't like rotations or systems. It's not like my other DVDs are going anywhere or will disintegrate without use, but I feel like I have to rotate through them regularly for some unknown reason.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 02:55 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I’m a little concerned about the fact that some VFers said that, while their butt was more toned and lifted, they gained an inch or so in their hips. I don’t want to add any inches, so does anyone know why that might happen? Does it have to do with the type of rotation people did?

That was me. I think the bigger issue was that I didn't lose any weight. So if I had gone down pounds-wise, my entire body would have shrunk, too. As it was, I got a great booty that still, two years after my initial rotation and after a year or so of only sporadic workouts, no serious rotations, looks better than ever.

I absolutely ADORED my BBL rotation, even if I didn't do it properly. My High & Tight disk was damaged, and I didn't like the workout enough to get it replaced, so I did a hybrid BBL and barre rotation (I was doing BBL when I first saw the Fluidity infomercial and recognized some of Leandro's moves!). So I totally think you could keep going with your Toniques.

I've seen a lot of reviewers complain about the lack of cardio in BBL. Evidently those people forgot to do Bum Bum, which is TOTALLY cardio. It's nothing BUT cardio! ...Except that it's really a secretly disguised, highly choreographed, 30-minute squatfest and lunge-a-rama. I think I'd been doing the workouts for a year before I realized what was really going on in that workout! It's so fun and such high energy, though, that you don't even notice it. The workout flies by and I'm always dripping sweat by the end.

My rotation looked something like this:
Cardio days: Bum Bum
Strength/Toning days: Any kind of barre
Rest days: Cardio Axe

I think you'll have a lot of fun with it. As a veteran of Tonique, I'm not sure what kind of results you'll see... BBL may not be advanced enough for you, although I still recommend it because it's probably the most purely fun set I've ever done. Even now I'll still pull out BumBum if I'm not really in the mood to exercise, just because it's always a great, tough, happy workout.
Old 01-06-14, 03:14 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I did the classic rotation in December... well, I did it for three weeks and then I quit because I could not take one more second of Leandro and his bum bum talk. I did not gain inches with this rotation but my glutes got back to a rounder shape that I had lost a bit after 2 years of TA. BBL was also great to get some strength back in my thigh muscles (I think this is something TA neglects). I should note that I tried to quit TA this fall and did 3 weeks of Barre3 but I gained one inch in my waist during that time so I quit. So I was pretty happy with my BBL experience and it convinced me that I can move on from TA for a while.

My favorite workout of the set was definitely Bum Bum and I agree wholeheartedly with PrairieGem :

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
I've seen a lot of reviewers complain about the lack of cardio in BBL. Evidently those people forgot to do Bum Bum, which is TOTALLY cardio. It's nothing BUT cardio! ...Except that it's really a secretly disguised, highly choreographed, 30-minute squatfest and lunge-a-rama. I think I'd been doing the workouts for a year before I realized what was really going on in that workout! It's so fun and such high energy, though, that you don't even notice it. The workout flies by and I'm always dripping sweat by the end.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 04:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
My favorite workout of the set was definitely Bum Bum and I agree wholeheartedly with PrairieGem :
i love Bum bum too, for this reason. gee...i should pull that one out and give it a whirl.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 04:38 PM  
seabliss

I'm doing a BBL rotation right now too. I think Bum Bum and High and Tight are the most important components of this set for reshaping the glutes and thighs. Sculpt is a good strength workout, but it's not unlike other full-body strength workouts. Cardio Axe does have you move your hips, and that may help too, but I think those first two are the most focused on the area.

This woman's results are very inspiring. Of course, she did control her eating too.

Tags
bbl rotations, brazil butt lift, leandro carvalho