Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-13, 01:22 PM  
Genevieve M

what is ART???

Geez, I can't keep up with all these new rotations! Thanks for any info you can give.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 06:12 PM  
TerryMia

I was a TA addict until I found the ART method...the results I've gotten, I feel, are similar to Sunday's...all-over definition and just a tighter look...plus I'm more flexible now than when doing TA exclusively...I love floor work and I believe that's why I was so drawn to TA...and I still think her workouts are good...but ART is the real deal...love, love, love everything about it...I think part of the secret in the fast results is the technique study and dynamic cardio toning that's incorporated into every workout. I feel like it's a fantastic deal at $6.99 a month for the unlimited classes too. Can't say enough good things about the method...plus Terri's great!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 06:22 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

$6.99 is cheap! I think I will sign up.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 06:51 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymia View Post
i was a ta addict until i found the art method...the results i've gotten, i feel, are similar to sunday's...all-over definition and just a tighter look...plus i'm more flexible now than when doing ta exclusively...i love floor work and i believe that's why i was so drawn to ta...and i still think her workouts are good...but art is the real deal...love, love, love everything about it...i think part of the secret in the fast results is the technique study and dynamic cardio toning that's incorporated into every workout. I feel like it's a fantastic deal at $6.99 a month for the unlimited classes too. Can't say enough good things about the method...plus terri's great!
So glad you chimed in Terry!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 06:59 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I have not tried ART (yet! ) but I have had a somewhat similar experience with TA: I started with Omni Continuity and got amazing results in my core and arms (tight, toned, with lots of definition). Results in my glutes were not as great - they were already toned from years of barre workouts but I felt that Omni deflated them a bit too. I switched to Glute for Continuity 2.2 (finishing level 5 today) and I see a significant difference in my butt - MUCH more lifted with a nice round shape. If you decide to give TA another try, maybe consider alternating Omni and Glute? The early levels of Omni are more interesting and challenging IMO but Glute definitely does what it advertises
fuzzie, are you saying that the later omni is actually easier than the earlier omni or compared to the similar glutecentric level? I'm on 1.1 now and about to start 1.2.

I am so tempted by art method because of the different types of workouts. I think that probably works best for me but can never manage to do it on my own.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 07:43 PM  
Rachael1216

I signed up! Thanks enablers!

Are there levels for her classes? Why does each Mat have .1, .2, .3, .4? Does each one get progressively more difficult?
Rachael1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 07:49 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael1216 View Post
I signed up! Thanks enablers!

Are there levels for her classes? Why does each Mat have .1, .2, .3, .4? Does each one get progressively more difficult?
Great!! They do not get harder necessarily. They can be done in any order as long as you balance the upper/lower focus. I do two upper, two lower per week then on day five do her cardio or parts workouts.

The numbers just refer to the order they came out. 1.1 is month one, number one, etc. She just posted 11.1 today. I am doing them in order simply because they are all new to me.

If you are FB, please join her group when she sends you the link!! There are very helpful files, rotation suggestions, diet suggestions, etc.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 07:51 PM  
Rachael1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Great!! They do not get harder necessarily. They can be done in any order as long as you balance the upper/lower focus. I do two upper, two lower per week then on day five do her cardio or parts workouts.

The numbers just refer to the order they came out. 1.1 is month one, number one, etc. She just posted 11.1 today. I am doing them in order simply because they are all new to me.

If you are FB, please join her group when she sends you the link!! There are very helpful files, rotation suggestions, diet suggestions, etc.
Thanks! That makes a lot more sense now. I'll definitely join her on FB =)
Rachael1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 08:09 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I do both TA and ART Method. I prefer TA, but I do like the ART Method also. I just can't see myself doing the ART Method 6 times a week. I already do two body weight circuits weekly, and adding 30 more push ups daily for 6 days a week would be way too much on my wrist.

It's only $6.99 per month and you can cancel anytime. Honestly, it is so cheap that it would be worth it to subscribe for a month to see if you click with Terri. Like with any instructors, Terri has her own quirks. Her rep count is always off, she talks a lot, and at times comes across as being ditzy. Some days it doesn't bother me, other days it does.

Despite not doing her workouts all the time, I do keep my subscription, because again, you just can not beat the $6.99.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 08:16 PM  
LauraBella

Both?

Tags