Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-04-13, 05:49 PM  
northernlight

Huge rave for Leandro

I've just finished a month of Leandro's BBL and couldn't be happier with his workouts and their results.

I find Leandro to be sweet and encouraging and enthusiastic. He is also extremely professional and always on point about form. The separate workouts themselves are intelligent and efficient -- especially Bum Bum, High and Tight and Sculpt.

I got stronger doing BBL. To the point that I was able to start Pauline Nordin's BB workout series at level 2.

The only drawbacks were the shoddy resistance band -- BeachBody, you should be ashamed of yourselves! -- and the hawking of other BeachBody products.

Has anyone done the advanced series of BBL? If so, please tell me what you thought of it.
northernlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 07:55 PM  
PrairieGem

I think these workouts get a bad rap, especially cardio-wise. But "Bum Bum" is one of the TOUGHEST workouts in my collection! I haven't done the strength ones regularly, because I was halfway through my "pear" rotation when I discovered barre and dumped all other strength w/os. But I give Leandro all the credit for introducing me to those moves!
PrairieGem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 09:51 PM  
gigi

It's been a while but I love BBL!!!!
Old 02-04-13, 10:00 PM  
JulieIL

Oops- duplicate post
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 10:00 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
I think these workouts get a bad rap, especially cardio-wise. But "Bum Bum" is one of the TOUGHEST workouts in my collection! I haven't done the strength ones regularly, because I was halfway through my "pear" rotation when I discovered barre and dumped all other strength w/os. But I give Leandro all the credit for introducing me to those moves!
Glad someone else thinks they're tough-I thought it was all bc I'm out of shape lol
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 10:01 PM  
JulieIL

Another Leandro fan here! I agree that the band in the set isn't good- I used my Cathe fire walker band.

I haven't tried the advanced set, but from what I remember it got lukewarm reviews. The reviews that I read noted that it wasn't any harder or more effective than the original.

Another DVD that reminds me of High & Tight (but harder) is Tonique's Energy Mat. I love how it gets me so sore in just the glute & upper hamstring (thutt) area- like BBL the quads aren't overworked. There was a thread about this not too long ago. If you do get it, get it from Mary for $18. It really is a bargain for a fantastic workout.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 10:02 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlight View Post
I've just finished a month of Leandro's BBL and couldn't be happier with his workouts and their results.

I find Leandro to be sweet and encouraging and enthusiastic. He is also extremely professional and always on point about form. The separate workouts themselves are intelligent and efficient -- especially Bum Bum, High and Tight and Sculpt.

I got stronger doing BBL. To the point that I was able to start Pauline Nordin's BB workout series at level 2.

The only drawbacks were the shoddy resistance band -- BeachBody, you should be ashamed of yourselves! -- and the hawking of other BeachBody products.

Has anyone done the advanced series of BBL? If so, please tell me what you thought of it.
I agree leandro is awesome! If you're in Nyc you should drop in on one of his live classes
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 02:13 AM  
wellnesswife

I'm a Leandro fan too!!!
wellnesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 05:41 AM  
kariev34

Have any of you guys tried his new master series? What do you think?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 09:24 PM  
zumzum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieIL View Post
Another DVD that reminds me of High & Tight (but harder) is Tonique's Energy Mat. I love how it gets me so sore in just the glute & upper hamstring (thutt) area- like BBL the quads aren't overworked. There was a thread about this not too long ago. If you do get it, get it from Mary for $18. It really is a bargain for a fantastic workout.

Julie

Yessssssss! High and Tight is one of my favorite dvds ever, and I've been eying up Energy Mat as a similar alternative. I haven't tried the BBL masters series based on the lukewarm reviews and the requirement for a stability ball.

Northernlight--you may want to check out Tonique as an alternative. I have Premiere, Mat, and Tonique 2--I love Premiere, like Mat, and am not keen on Tonique 2. Slywia isn't as silly/fun as Leandro, but she's just as authentic and uses a similar squats/lunge/floorwork combination (but harder!). Energy Mat and Born to Move look awesome in the clips, but I haven't tried them yet--Born to Move in particular is getting rave reviews on the forum.
zumzum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, leandro