Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-12, 08:50 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Congrats on your results!

Just watched the infomercial and a couple other videos on YouTube. This looks very good and very doable.

How long are the workouts?
Is there much high impact cardio? It didn't look like it.

Thanks.

ETA: Found the times in the long Met Rx 180 thread, along with some coupon codes. I'm in a mood -. I might order.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 09:10 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Congrats!!!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 04:50 AM  
cam522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Congrats on your results!

Just watched the infomercial and a couple other videos on YouTube. This looks very good and very doable.

How long are the workouts?
Is there much high impact cardio? It didn't look like it.

Thanks.

ETA: Found the times in the long Met Rx 180 thread, along with some coupon codes. I'm in a mood -. I might order.
The workouts vary from anywhere from around 30 to 56 minutes not including the added Cardio or Kickboxing or the Stretch workout.

The only impact and it's not high would be with the Cardio workouts.

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 05:00 AM  
cam522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
i've been reading how people think it was too much for a program or similar to Supreme 90, do you have any thoughts on this? I think it has a better overall tone by starting at a beginner stage and building up from what I've seen of the videos
I guess it is similar to Supreme 90 in the Shaping and Definition Phases because they are 1,2 or 3 body part workouts - legs, quads, glutes & hamstrings, back & abs, etc. The speed is not like it at all it's well paced and very easy to keep up with even with weight changing I never felt rushed.

The Conditioning phase is a circuit workout working every body part with different exercises for 3 circuits - then moving onto Combo 6 which is doing 2 different exercises for each body part. These workouts are done in Blocks and there are X amount of blocks in a workout.

This workout program is great because you can grow with it, go as heavy or as light as you want or can, so it can be for anyone.

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 07:22 AM  
katmom

I just started Met-Rx 180 this week and I found the pace not as rushed as Supreme 90, but faster than CLX.

With Supreme 90 I always seemed to press pause and rewind. The only time I neeeded to press pause or rewind with CLX was when I was putting on the thigh toner.

With Met-Rx, I do have to hit pause/rewind occasionally to change my weights or grab the stability ball. I must lift slower also, as they are usually ahead of me by 1-2 reps which might also contribute to my pressing the pause/rewind.

I reviewed the Kickboxing workout and was not overly impressed. I should try it before I judge it too critically. I did not find the Cardio Tactics 1 workout to be too difficult or have that much impact and could easily be modified down if it is too high impact. I may substitute other cardio workouts if I don't find the Met-Rx 180 cardio to be that much of a challenge.
Old 10-04-12, 08:21 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post

I must lift slower also, as they are usually ahead of me by 1-2 reps which might also contribute to my pressing the pause/rewind.
I have had this same problem and it makes me wonder if they're actually doing all reps or if they really do move that fast. Frank is constantly saying "nice and slow" but I don't think he goes slow at all. Since the moves are so basic, I often find myself getting ahead of them and starting while Frank is talking or demonstrating so I don't fall behind. It's worth noting that I do lift as heavy as possible and I think they're using what are pretty light weights for them so of course they might move faster.

That said, I really do like these workouts.
Old 10-04-12, 09:54 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

Congratulations! I love hearing success stories. This sounds like a great program with no dread factor. Now on to your next success!
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 10:00 AM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Since the moves are so basic, I often find myself getting ahead of them and starting while Frank is talking or demonstrating so I don't fall behind. It's worth noting that I do lift as heavy as possible and I think they're using what are pretty light weights for them so of course they might move faster.
I do the same thing to keep from falling behind! I also try to lift heavy for each exercise and agree that some of the exercisers are probably using lighter weights than they would normally use.
Old 10-04-12, 11:20 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I wonder if there's anything magic in the cardio they offer. I'd prefer to do my own cardio (unless I REALLY like theirs). If I do the same intensity cardio on the same day, I don't see why it would make a difference in the results.

To be honest, I doubt I'll actually do the rotation. I like the looks of the strength workouts and I'll do them in the order I'm supposed to, but I don't know if I'll do each segment for a month.

I think the key is liking the workouts enough to do them consistently. If I follow the strength workouts, I'm sure I'll see some results whether I follow the whole thing perfectly or not. (Considering I've really been a slug for quite some time!)
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 11:26 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I was showing this set to my husband. Who has done these?

Supreme 90
P90X
Metrex-180

that can compaire. I want to know if Metrex-180 is slower in intensity then P90x? I was trying to say to my husband he could probably do those and my reply was, *looks like the same exercises Tony Horton does*.

I said, well there is only so many changes you can do. And my reason for asking was to see if maybe he could do these because He can't do, not up to P90x Speed. And neither am I.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
met-rx, met-rx 180, s90, vitamin world