Tamilee Webb's Fit to the Hits
Debra Mazda's Let's Get Moving 1 & 2
Debra Mazda's Walking Fit
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 08:39 AM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I tried to do walking workouts (Leslie) and simply could not get into it. Instead, I prefer to walk outside or I reach for low-impact dance-based workouts like Ellen Barret, Balletone, Cardio Callanetics, Petra, Soul Sweat, etc. I need some choreography to maintain my interest
I have never tried a Leslie workout - I don't get them. I also rather walk outside, but that is not always an option. So I also reach for low-impact workouts like the ones mentioned by fuzzie (all of them - except Petra). I also like to add some DOTI, WillPower and Grace, Kari Anderson Center Floor, etc. I also like Charelene Pricket's It figures DVD which has 10 short low impact cardio workouts. It is more traditional cardio and not very dancy - just what I need one days my brain can't handle even the slightest choreography.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 08:47 AM  
mommyofjoeyp

I love this youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/bostonathleticclub

The more I do it the more I can put into it and get my heart rate up. If you hit play all you can just keep doing them as long as you want.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 09:28 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofjoeyp View Post

The more I do it the more I can put into it and get my heart rate up. If you hit play all you can just keep doing them as long as you want.

What a great find! Thank you for sharing
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 11:47 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofjoeyp View Post

Thanks! I love music only routines.
These are the type of workouts I have been downloading and doing on and off the bungee

another great youtube user is ReFitRev
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReFitRev/videos

Barb S

ETA:
here is a filemail link still good till 6/25 with some good routines
https://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=HJGARQGRLMTEYSL
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-12, 06:05 AM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Wow, I love that Boston Athletic Club youtube - I've been sitting here for twenty minutes debating which workout I feel like doing, and this just got me PUMPED!

I'm off to go incorporate them into a workout! Thank you for sharing!

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-12, 07:29 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Great stuff, y'all.

Thanks for SHARING!!

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 11:46 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I just thought of another workout that might fit the bill for you...Cathe's Travel Fit!! I did that one on Sunday and always find it to be such a nice workout on the joints but I still sweat.
Old 06-25-12, 12:01 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I also really enjoy doing the slightly cheesy Brit celeb videos as they tend to be dancy cardio-focused, have decent music and are generally a lot of fun, even if only for their novelty to me.
I was reminded of this quote as I did Vicky Binns' Dance It Off yesterday. Super cheesy set (thank goodness the silver hot pants are just in the 10-second intro! ) but I love the instructor, and the dance routines are fun and get my heart rate up way more than the US Crunch and Dance Off the Inches-type videos.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 12:31 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Can you tell me which ones they are? They sound good and just what I would enjoy. I remember when they were on TV.
Hi Phyllis. I have started collecting the Caribbean workouts (I them more than anything right now for my lower energy level!!) Anyways, I do know there are chi-ball workouts on the following DVDs (maybe others):
- Sculpt That Body has the nice sunset 21 minute chi-ball workout
- Beach Pilates (which has many workouts and you can get very cheap used) has a nice 20 minute chi-ball routine (either at a resort or harbour, I can't remember)
- Workout on the Go (not the workout on the go that is in a set. Its the one that is sold alone) has a nice 15 minute (more like 17) chi-ball workout.
I believe "A New You" has one as well, but I have not been able to get my hands on that one yet. Been trying forever to trade for it.

Hope this helps. There may be others, but thats all I know of. I use a 2 lb. ball because I don't have a chi-ball and I get a nice little workout.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active recovery, beach pilates, caribbean workouts, chi ball, floor aerobics, low energy, low impact, misty tripoli, walking, walking alternatives